5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and warm
Published on February 24, 2009 by Desert Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy boots
These boots are good for hiking, but more so in wet conditions rather tan ice and snow. They don't have a good grip on ice and snow, the soles are quite hard, so it's difficult to get a solid grip and they are quite slippery. So my advice would be to use some kind of icepigs with them if you want to wear them in a winter clime.
They are waterproof and with a warm...
Published on March 19, 2011 by wani

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and warm, February 24, 2009
These are very comfortable and keep my feet nice and warm. However if you're considering buying a pair measure your foot barefooted and do not allow room for thick socks or what you get will be way too big. Because I have Raynaud's syndrome my feet are always cold. These certainly help with warmth without being constricting. I don't know if they're really water proof but so far they've kept water on the outside when wearing them out and about on rainy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm, comfy, good grip and support, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Sorel Women's Joliette Boot (Apparel)
I REALLY don't like the idea of buying shoes online. Especially $100 for a pair, but after several failed trips to the mall I decided to give it a shot. I wanted something that was warm, comfortable, with good grip on the snow/slush etc, but also suited a business casual environment for the office. I liked the look of these and thought they seemed cute. If you have a major issue with stitching/hemming as a design accent then you may not like them. I wasn't sure, but was intrigued by other reviews and photos. I really like the hawk color (that's the one I bought). It's a nice rich deep brown. The facts... The ankle is TIGHT the first time you put them on. If you have a very tall foot you may have issues. I found the first few times I put them on I could really have used a shoe horn. However now after having them just a few days and living in them, I don't have much of an issue. I normally believe that shoes sizes are never really accurate so I guessed when buying the 8.5 and I couldn't believe it when they fit like a glove. The soles are very grippy. I've never had a pair of winter boots/shoes with as much grip in winter shopping as this pair. The biggest suprise was the arch support. Every pair of shoes I buy I always have to buy additional arch support, even my Nike sneakers. This pair had adequate support right off the bat. I've put a pair of the black one's on my Christmas wish list. :-D

4.0 out of 5 stars cold weather comfort, October 21, 2009
These ankle boots are really attractive and seem well-constructed. The soles should provide good traction on wet and/or slippery surfaces. My only recommendation would be to have a zippered opening at the neck of the boot. It is a tight fit sliding one's foot into the boot. Once inside, however, the boot is roomy enough and comfortable, so I don't think a larger size would be the answer to the snug entry. Shipping was very prompt, and they were priced significantly less than from other vendors.

5.0 out of 5 stars best boot ever, April 14, 2010
I love this boot so much, this is my second pair in a different color. It is the warmest boot ever. I wore it to an outside winter event when it was freezing and my feet were toasty. Everyone else around me was complaining how their feet were cold. At first they are a bit hard to get on, but they loosen up evenutally. They are a bit larger so I bought a size down this second pair and they fit fine. I just wear thicker socks with the larger pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy boots, March 19, 2011
They are waterproof and with a warm fleece lining,and a very comfy sole, so I will use them for hiking when the snow and ice have gone, in spring and in the fall. And they sure look cool enough to use out on a trip round town, too :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars They need a zipper, February 9, 2010
This review is from: Sorel Women's Joliette Boot (Apparel)
I got these boots yesterday and I love them. They are warm and comfortable and the fit nice. But they need a zipper because they are hard to get on. Once on, they are great and taking them off is no problem. They should have put about a 2 inch zipper in them so that you can put them on more easily. Other than that, perfect!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sorel Boots, September 11, 2010
Ms. Rawlings (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I was slightly upset at how difficult they are to get on. They are very comfortable and warm once you do get them on. If you have a high arch and are looking for something to quickly slip on, this is not the boot for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & fairly attractive, November 30, 2009
Comfortable boots with good arch support. Hard to get on, but very nice once you shoe-horn 'em on. I haven't tried them in very cold weather yet ... I like the leather more than the suede - got one of each ...

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a half size smaller - larger than expected., December 8, 2009
They run at least a half size large, and still loose even with an extra insole and a pair of thicks socks, so they slide up & down on the heels when you walk. Should have a zipper to facilitate putting them on. Not comfortable for my purposes.

I bought the light color suede because they were less expensive, and then I painted them with fabric paint and used SnoSeal to waterproof them - which is why I couldn't return them. Why would a manufacturer produce these in a light colored suede for winter conditions? Is there some state or country that has only pure white powder snow that never gets wet, muddy or dirty????

Sorel Women's Joliette Boot