5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality for an Excellent Price
Published on September 19, 2012 by Kia

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice...if you don't wear glasses
These are good headphones. The sound is really good, and I really like that they fold up nicely and have a bag included for storage. However, they seemed really tight on my head and ears and my ears hurt after only wearing them for 15 minutes. I wear glasses so that doesn't help either. Will be returning them. :-(
Published 12 months ago by ChiefsFan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality for an Excellent Price, September 19, 2012
I just received these headphones and I must say they are great! It comes with a small pouch, a cleansing cloth, and 2 audio cables aside from the headphones. They can fold up but don't feel frail or cheap. The audio quality is excellent. Once I put them on and start listening to music I can't hear any outside interference. They fit well and don't squeeze your head tight like Dr. Dre Beats headphones. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headphone, August 21, 2011
This review is from: SOUL by Ludacris SL100UB Ultra Dynamic On-Ear Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
This is my first time to get a well priced headphone. I was going to get the beats solo but I felt that the bass is overpowering and sound is not that good for the price. I saw the Soul by Ludacris and decided to get the SL100. There is no review on it yet since it is brand new and no way to test it also. I just ordered it and anyway if I do not like it I can just return it. In my surprise, it sound very good compared to other expensive headphones. You can hear the highs very clearly and the bass is loud but not so overpowering like the beats. The sound is very good in any genre. I'm very happy that I purchased this than beats solo which is $50 more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Headset, December 28, 2011
These are comparable to the beats solo. I've listened to both and currently own these. In my opinion, the sound quality is excellent for the price and better than the solo's themselves. Not to mention they look great in either red or blue. Although not built in with noise-cancelling, I definitely can't hear anything going on around me. Bass pops for sure. I can actually feel my ears vibrate on the heavier songs. And if style is an important factor in your purchase, it's nice to have something that isn't already on everybody and their grandmother's head (ala any of the dre beats).

5.0 out of 5 stars Consider these over beats and ignore crushed earpiece!!!, July 15, 2013
First off about the crushed earpiece during delivery let me say foam will expand back out after about 48hrs. So after you open the case pull out and unfold headphones and let sit for 48hrs and earpiece will puff back out also while you do this its a good time to let them break in. I let ALL my speakers break in on low for at LEAST 24hrs before using halfway and full blast. NEVER had a problem and I LOVE these headphones I have the SL49 and also SL150 for editing vocals and if that's your route then these aren't the best while it can be done get the SL149 or SL300. The bass isn't so much but it's there and noticeable and I just FEEL the music more in these headphones then some others I've tried. I have listened to beats I have friends that praise them but I think they are too bassy and exaggerate the bass too much for editing music. I use these as my everyday listening except at work when I use the SL49s and I also use them in the recording booth of my studio only because I've had other say the same thing, "they feel the music more." I would get these headphones especially if you consider beats unless you want the heavy bass which I like loud bass but trust me the beats aren't all they praise about and for under $100 can't beat these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planned on buying beats until I heard the difference between the 2!, September 2, 2012
I was prepared to purchase the beats because of their reputation and the pretty sky blue color they have now. Luckily, I happened to go into a best buy and listen to all types of different headphones. I could not believe how much better these sounded then the beats counterpart! It was unbelievable!! and I planned on getting the next model up, but I actually liked how these felt a bit "tighter" on the head (probably because the ear pads fit different), that way when I use them on the elliptical at the gym I won't have to worry about them sliding off.

I highly recommend. So far they've been great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, February 11, 2013
I bought the sl 300 first. Thought they looked big and bulky sound was ok but leaked and noise could still be heard. I returned them and got the sl 100 and they sound as good or better than the 300 and I picked them up for $79 at Staples very pleased!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, December 29, 2012
I was the hero of Christmas when my son opened these! They sound great and, in his words, look "sick".

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice...if you don't wear glasses, November 13, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but could be better., November 12, 2013
I was very impressed with the design of these headphones. They look amazing - shiny and sturdy. They fold up and go nicely into the case provided. The audio cord is detachable and there are 2 that come with it - 1 with a mic (compatible with iphone, ipod, etc.) and just a basic cord for other devices. They are comfortable. I haven't noticed them being tight yet. Guess it depends on the size of your head.

Now for the sound. The first song I listed to was "Stronger" by Kanye West. It was amazing, very crisp. The bass was good. Not overpowering. Then I listened to "All of the Lights" by Kanye West. This song has a much larger musical arrangement, and it seems when there are multiple instruments playing, the sound gets much muddier. You don't hear each instrument crisply. That would pretty much be my only complaint. So while they are great headphones, there is room for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars the kids love them, February 1, 2013
K. Hamner (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Got this & similar models for all 3 of our kids 13, 26, & 29 years old.
They all love them