5.0 out of 5 stars Kindia pricey, but worth every penny
Published on November 14, 2011 by JackD

2.0 out of 5 stars WOW! But a terrible downfall..
Published on January 4, 2012 by Avid Listener

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindia pricey, but worth every penny, November 14, 2011
This review is from: SOUL by Ludacris SL49 Ultra Dynamic In-Ear Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Ok i am a 17 year old, i love listing to music and am very hard on ear buds, i run with em, bike with em and sleep with em, and i listen to everything from AreoSmith to Alabama to a little classical, and the build on these ear buds is amazing. the audio quality is about 3x better the Boise ear buds (i have used them, trust me these are much better)and to be honest if I had the chance to do it over again i would. Hope this helped and happy Jamming :D

5.0 out of 5 stars S4i 2 vs SL49 vs SL99, April 4, 2013
S4i 2
The sound on these are pretty good. The eartips suction to your ears
very well so they stay in. Bass is great but they lack highs...highly.
Lol. One major flaw with these is specifically if you're using them as
an ear set for your phone. The remote and mic are right where the
wires do the y split so when I held a conversation with someone on the
phone it was hard for them to hear me because the mic was so far away
from where your mouth is. Overall though, they are not worth the
retail price of $99 but if you can find them for a cheaper price
they're pretty good.

SL49
Love these. Absolutely love the sound you get out of them right out of
the box. The bass is great but not as deep as the s4i 2s but aren't
necessarily a bad thing. I also own the SL150 and I think this is a
theme that they have: they sound good with EVERY genre. I wouldn't say
balanced because they are hyped up quite a bit just like beats by dr
dre but lets just say the clarity is amazing. Sound stage much spacier
than the s4i 2s. The build quality is very solid as well. Perfect for
using them as an ear piece on your phone. The mic and remote is
positioned right under or to the side of your face. Only things i
suggest is getting a different set of ear tips. The ones included are
huge (even the small ones) and fall out quite easily. Overall though,
this is the best bang for your buck and are my favorite in eat style
headphones.

SL99
Basically the big brother of the SL49s. To keep it simple lets just
say this. They're the SL49s but with much heavier bass and more
noticeable highs. This can be a good or bad thing depending on what
you like. I personally like the sound of these more than the SL49s but
even with different ear tips these tend to fall out my ears because
they are significantly bigger and heavier than the SL49s. If you can
get these to stay in your ears, I highly recommend these.

Can't go wrong with either of these 3 but my Overall Personal Ranking:

1. SL49
2. SL99
3. S4i 2

Having owning all 4, along with the bose mie2i (my wife owns them) and
the apple earpods I can help anybody whose looking in the market. Let
me know if you have any questions!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, November 11, 2011
i've been looking for a really good pair of headphones with an in-line mic and volume/track control and i stumbled upon these headphones while on deployment in south korea. i wanted to get them as soon as i tested them out but i decided to do a little more research. so after reading the specs on these bad boys i went ahead and made my purchase. i am currently deployed and got my product in less than two weeks, amazing. now for the headpones themselves. the cable is that flat tangle free design and the cable is just a bit thicker than the beats by dre which i believe make the souls more durable. the build quality is excellent. the in-line controls are awesome. the buttons for the vol/track control are sepearted. much easier to use and less frustrating than others out there. what i hate about other headphones is that the in-line vol/track control are all in one plastic strip so sometimes instead of skipping a track like i want, the vol would go up or down. great design on souls in-line controls. sound quality on these babys are amazing. everything is crisp, clear and hard. best headphones ive ever bought and the best thing really is you get all this for an amazing price. get them. trust me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Great Sound, and Great Portability, December 22, 2013
These were the second pair of SOUL by Ludacris headphones that I purchased a few weeks ago. Around the middle of December 2013 was when i received this pair in particular. The first pair i purchased were the SL300BW's and they were phenomenal. Therefore, I saw these headphones and decided to try them out for such an astounding price. Fitting, sound quality/noise cancellation portability, and overall quality are all of the aspects that will be looked at in this review.

First of all, they arrive in a sleek box that has a picture of Ludacris on it. The box was easy to take handle and all you had to do was take it out. After i took it out of the box, I decided to plug them in my IPhone 5. However, due to the type of case I have, it was tough to maneuver the headphone jack to fit inside of the port. This negative aspect was one bad, but did not interfere with the overall experience of using the headphones. I would not suggest using these headphones with too thick of a case for your device. After they were plugged in and ready to go, I put them in my ears to see how they fit. They come with three different types of ear pieces that you can use to fit the size of your ear. The medium size fit the best for me. When I had them in, the noise cancellation kicks in right away and makes a huge difference of isolating you from most sound surrounding you. The medium size ear buds, however kept falling out of my ears and did NOT stay in as well as the Bose IE2 in ear headphones I own, which rarely ever fall out of my ears (no matter what size). These headphones after about 30 minutes hurt your ears as well. These negative aspects about comfort led to a 3/5 star review for comfort.

The next aspect looked at is about sound quality. The sound quality of these headphones were great. The bass is strong and loud. The range of sound that these headphones go from is extremely wide, and easy to find the sound you like. "Ultra Dynamic" is a perfect way to describe these headphones, just like they say in the title. The isolation adds to the fact that the sound quality is so great. However, the not so great comfort adds to the fact that a full sound quality experience cannot be depicted. A 5/5 star review for sound quality would be the perfect rating.

The portability of these headphones is tremendous. It comes with a hard case that the headphones easily fit into. The case is around 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall and includes a velcro pocket for the different sizes of ear buds. This case is far more protective and more portable (smaller and sleeker) than the Bose IE2 headphone case. The non-tangle cord is very handy so you never have the hassle of untangling the headphones like with the Apple Earpods. Portability will be considered a strong 5/5 and truly wonderful.

The final aspect looked at is overall quality of these headphones. They are manufactured very well and are not wearing away too easily, which is a very positive aspect. They do not seem to be headphones that could break too easily and are overall great. This quality lead to a 5/5 for this aspect of the headphones.

Overall, these headphones deserve a strong 4/5 review. The only thing holding them back from a 5 star review would be if comfort was fixed. Comfort is an extremely important role in headphones, because it the basis for other aspects of the headphones such as sound quality (which as I stated, is limited due to a lack of comfort). I would recommend these headphones to people of all ages who use electronic products and listen to music. Overall, a great pair of headphones. The amazing price is has here on amazon, adds to the fact of why they are very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars WOW! But a terrible downfall.., January 4, 2012
I am an avid listener in all genres of music, from jazz to alternative rock, rap, oldies, country, and pop (occasionally). After having these headphones for a just one day, I can tell you that I am completely satisfied with the sound quality from these buds! The balance and tuning of all instruments comes alive through these phones, and I'm even noticing things about songs that I never did before now. The bass is solid and crisp, but not overpowering. Voice quality is also amazing in each song. Sound isolation lives up to its name as I can have the TV on right next to me and not even hear a word. The ear fittings the come with the buds are okay, but I can also see a small improvement if you were to have foam inserts instead. It took a few hours once out of the box (the "burn-in" stage) for the buds to extend to its full sound potential. But after putting them down and coming back to them, the mids and highs were clearly audible.

**EDIT** - Is anyone else experiencing how these earbuds just seem to slide out of your ears? Also, the case broke off within one week. My opinion of these have definitely changed. If you like even moving your head while listening with these phones, expect for them to fall out, which means no working out/running or anything of the sort. I was impressed at first with the music quality, but now these phones are going back!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sound, December 2, 2013
Nice bass! I wanted good rich deep tones without having earmuffs. These work great. I can work and move around without having sweaty ears from over ear headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, December 13, 2013
as an avid music listener I've been looking for a good pair of durable headphones, and these are perfect. great sound quality for any type of music I would buy them again

5.0 out of 5 stars Still luv it, November 3, 2013
I use it with iphone5, the sound quality and denoising are so much better than iPhone earphone and even better than beats. Tho it's truth and annoying that one side keeps falling off fr my ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul by Ludacris SL49, December 23, 2011
Great headphones. Durable wiring and ear piece. Comes with nice case. Sound is balanced, so you can hear everything clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, December 9, 2011
I love these headphones. The bass is just right for me and would recommend them to anyone. The cost is high but its worth it.