Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on March 22, 2015
I love everything about these shoes except the quality. I wear a 10.5 shoe and ordered these in size 10. They fit perfectly and are very comfortable until you get them wet. I wore these for a 4hr excursion on a recent trip to the Caribbean. I wore them for about 5 hours. At most, 2 of those hours were in and out of water, walking over boulders, swimming, nothing crazy.

After the shoes got wet, the insoles started to slip as other reviewers have mentioned. I also noticed the outer sole start to shred a bit on the edges. The inside seams also separated and whatever glue/material is in between the seams became a shredded mess of brown gluey paper-like stuff that was all over my feet and the inside of the shoes. The glue holding the insoles dissolved enough to let them start slipping and upon inspection, it looks like the only adhesive holding the insole down was a 2" strip of glue from a glue gun.

It's unfortunate I can't return these. Even at this price, I would expect more than 1 use out of them. I'm a 48 year old cruise ship vacationer, not some 22 year old adrenaline junkie putting these shoes through some insane terrain test.
77 comments|241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2014
I wear a size 10.5, (US). Since there are no half sizes I ordered a size 11. As expected they are about 1/2 inch (15mm) to big but they have the draw string to adjust the tightness. I bought these mainly because they came with a draw string. The river that i plan to wear these in has a very murky bottom so i'm hoping that they will stay on. Have to wait and see how they hold up during boating season.My advice would be,,if you wear a 10.5 and considering that you probably wont be wearing socks with these, i would get the size 10.
22 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
I would give these water shoes a zero if they let me. I am not sure what shoes are being reviewed by those who give anything other than zero or one star, but the ones I received are worthless junk as far as I'm concerned.

My wife and I both ordered a pair of these from Amazon, for use in kayaking and canoeing. They fit pretty well and at first we were happy with them. But then we got them wet, and as we wore them around the campsite, they started disintegrating. We were in and out of the water, unloading the boat and setting up equipment at our campsite. First the insole came loose and wadded up under our toes. Shortly thereafter it came out all the way. We removed the insoles, since they were a nuisance if we kept them in. Since we didn't have any other shoes along for this short campout, we kept wearing them. With no insoles, they were like walking around on slabs of roughened rubber, which is probably exactly what we were doing. They did not dry out overnite, so in the morning when we got up, we put back on the wet, roughened slabs to break camp.

When we got back home, I immediately changed to my flip flops, but my wife continued to wear hers. Now the outside soles of hers are shredding to pieces.

I really doubt we'll ever use these again. Won't be long, they'll be in the trash. We'll keep using our old tennis shoes we keep around for our water sports.
on October 18, 2013
These shoes worked great. And we used them on the Big Island. Lots of walking on lava rock.
Yes, they broke down a little after about a week of hard use, but they kept our feet protected
and that's what we got them for. If you're looking for inexpensive water shoes for river or rock
beach activities - this is a good buy.
on April 18, 2013
Size was close to my regular shoes. Stay on in the surf. Used them to walk on the beach and into town. No blisters
on June 6, 2014
Toe area ripped out on day1. A cheap shoe for sure but thought would make it through atleast 1-day at water park. Spend the extra money. Buy a better shoe
on August 3, 2014
What makes these shoes perfect is the little draw string loop at the heal. As no two feet (as in my left foot/right foot) are the exact same size the all shoes themselves of course are. In my case the left shoe fit fine but the right felt slightly bigger.
At first I was going to return them, however, I found that by pulling the loop string on each shoe I can adjust the shoe to fit the slight difference in the size of my feet.
Also as a retired New Yorker I moved to Florida as I hate snow and I keep in shape buy walking several miles a day. When I know I won't be going in water I wear them with ankle socks and it feels light your walking barefoot on a thick shag carpet!
If and when I wear these out I intent to just buy another pair in the same color.
on May 10, 2013
I ordered these shoes for my husband. He is diabetic (always worried about protecting his feet). We are visiting a water park and he wanted something instead of sandals. These are perfect! They fit amazing, have skid-proof grips for wet paved areas and they look pretty cool as well. He is sold and so am I. Now I want a pair! Buy these, you cannot go wrong for the price. In other sporting good shops, the price was double the one here for less quality.
on May 29, 2014
If you're looking for a pair of water shoes that you can wear more than once, don't buy these shoes. I read the reviews, and decided that since i would only need them for a short vacation to the river, it would be worth spending the $ for them. Sure enough, just as the reviews i read about bad insoles, bad quality, and bad overrall quality all said-these are not a good product. Save your money and buy a decent pair of water shoes that won't fall apart. I regret my decision because the shoes didn't make it through a full day of walking in/around the river.
on January 18, 2016
I have multiple pairs of a variety of styles of "Water Shoes". Except for my morning walk (2-3 miles), and formal occasions, I wear them virtually all my waking hours. Because of the total loss of feeling in my feet, and several instances of cuts to them discovered only when I noticed a trail of blood I was leaving, I needed an easy protective measure. These were my solution. And the Wave Water Shoes have become my preferred shoe.
As easy to don as slippers, but with the locking draw-string, MUCH more secure. I put a pair out for the next day's use before I go to bed. Slip them on when I get up, and remove them for my walk, showering and dressing, and then wear them the rest of the day. Because of their design, I could even wear them to shower if it wasn't already slip resistant. With a daily rotation, find that I get something over a year's wear out of a pair. The soles are a gummy, soft rubber, and wear fairly quickly. I find them suitable for running errands and light work both inside and out. They do not offer any arch support, and may not fit properly if such support were used to replace the inner, sole liner. I have successfully replaced that liner with flat foam cushions sold in drug and discount stores.
I have also worn these for there primary use in the murky water along the shores of Arizona's reservoir lakes. I have not had a foot injury while wearing these (or any other similar) shoes. They will NOT protect against a long fixed nail or shard. But will deflect most objects. I highly recommend these. They are the only style I have reordered. The locking drawstring is the key. They stay on comfortably, and can be adjusted to fit the occasional day of swollen feet. And inexpensive safety solution.