Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on May 25, 2012
As is common knowledge, the rays of the sun damage eyes, causing cataracts, macular degeneration and speeding up the development of such eye disorders. Sunglasses do not provide adequate protection, for the sun's rays still enter the eye from the top of the glasses, from the sides of the glasses, etc. I ordered the visor because it would prevent the preceding issues. When I received it, I was delighted. The visor is light weight yet sturdy. It is comfortable for me, not awkward. I wear very large trifocal glasses. The visor fits over these very large glasses without touching them. I can wear this visor in the car and see fine. I can work outside in the lawn with it, as well. For me it was an answer to one of my prayers, most of which are not answered.
on October 10, 2012
Are you sure this product passed the UV-A radiation blockage test? If so, give me the detailed information about the following:

the name of the institution that conducted the test;
how well the visor block UA-A radition (e.g., 50+ UPF)
the copy of the certificate or proof that the product passed the test

I ask this question because this product seems to be the cheap one being sold in Korea. And it seems that some Koreans are involved in selling this visor.

FYI, in Korea stuff like this product sells at $1~5.
11 comment11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2011
I bought something similar to this many years ago on QVC. Love it for gardening. I searched for the product for years and was ecstatic to find it on Amazon.

This item is nicer than the original one I had. It is wider and lighter. The only thing that might improve it is a removable, washable piece by the forehead...which my old one had. But it's not a drawback on this one since the material seems to be very light and breathable.

The company was very pleasant about responding to the email in which I specified the color.

I'll have to get a back up as soon as the budget allows. Finding items that are hard to find elsewhere is what is keeping me coming back to Amazon and making me a loyal customer!
on October 24, 2012
very plastic y ,very pricey compare to quality.i wanted to buy something which can save my face from harmful rays but like regular visors it only shade the front sides of the face is still exposed.
on December 17, 2011
I like this hat, I conscious of my skin and I thought this hat would be too much, but it's awesome.
on July 12, 2014
Customer service was superb and the quality of the visors they're selling now are definitely good, not to mention they also include documents substantiating claims of UV protection, etc...

My story...

I used to see people wearing visors that covered their face while driving or walking and would smile; couldn't understand why anyone would want to wear visors as big as these for walking, much less driving.

Well, my spouse started walking regularly along trails near our house, ~4.5-5 miles daily, and wanted me to join her. I wear a broad brimmed hat and glasses that are photo-sensitive ( clear indoors, turn dark outdoors in sunlight ), yet I was still getting sunburned on parts of my face and glare was a bit strong.

Wanting a bit more protection from the Sun and less glare in my eyes, I first started searching for a hat with a wider brim. Couldn't find anything that was wide enough to cast a shadow over complete face, so I reluctantly started searching for a visor. Couldn't find anything locally, sporting good stores, etc... Went on web and found visors by Sovis.

I called Sovis explained my situation and let them know I needed a big visor because I'm not a petite individual and the only people I ever see wearing visors that covers one's face are women who were typically very small frame & petite.

The lady I talked to at Sovis was very polite, courteous, patient and professional. She listened to all I had to say and recommeneded I get their extra large ( Oversized ) visor. She also made sure that the extra large visor was marked, packaged and shipped so there'd be no mistakes.

It definitely protects face from the Sun and significantly reduces glare. I enjoy the visor so much that I don't walk without it, bright or not. Not only is it great protection from the Sun and reduces glare, but it looks futuristic ( as someone else mentioned ) and I like the privacy it provides. With my large brimmed hat and the visor pulled down, you cannot see my face while walking ( not that I'm ugly or trying to hide from anyone ), I just like anonymity it provides ( you can see the world, but the world cannot see you ). I get lots of stares and smiles. People are amused, especially young children. I can tell by looks and expressions, some men think it's unmanly. Couple of times while walking off trail and on regular street, car full of teenagers yelled out of their window some very profane things...

So if you're a guy, expect for people to stare because you don't typically see men in USA wearing visors of this size anywhere, ever, unless they're welding something, grinding something or performing some other activity that requires eye or face protection.

Anyway, I highly recommend this visor from Sovis. They're great group of people and this product is defintely worth every cent.

I don't work for Sovis nor am I affliated with them in any way.

Only item that would make product better is to put some sort of anti-reflective material on inside of visor. I wear glasses which prevents Visor from being pulled all the way down and close to my face. Because of the angle, inside of visor is like a mirror, reflecting everything around and behind me. While that's annoying, overall benefits and enjoyment outweigh the negative...
on February 27, 2015
Won't go out of the house without this! I sometimes get funny looks and am often the center of jokes by my friends😂😂 BUT... I've suffered from severe melasma for the past decade, to the point that I was so self conscious, I even slept with a full face of makeup, and hardly left the house at all, except, again, with a full face of makeup. I bought this about 6 months ago, and use it to jog and run errands. This provides me with 99% UVA/UVB protection , plus, if I'm self conscious, I can always pull down the bill! I usually wear it with the bill up like a baseball cap. This, along with 100% sunscreen and religious use of melasma cream, has brought my melasma down to the point that I no longer get comments from unsuspecting kids saying I need to wash my face because it's really dirty, or my daughter commenting innocently that my "brown spots" look like the continents of South America on one cheek and Africa on the other" it's truly given me my life back ☺️☺️
on June 1, 2014
Have been wearing it whenever I am out in the sun. Works great! Easy to keep on and comfortable also..
on August 10, 2014
I love this hat! The reason I bought this hat is because I don't want to get sunburns which would cause freckles and wrinkles. And this hat works well! This hat is totally higher quality than the one you got for few dollars, you can feel the differnent once you wear it. I already bought two. I also recommended it to my friends, and they all love it. :)
on June 19, 2014
I wear my cap by the pool and have no worries about getting sun on my face. I am in my 60s and trying not to get any more "brown spots". I think this will help tremendously.