Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SP Gadgets POV Pole for GoPro (36 inch, Black)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on November 16, 2013
I had originally purchased the GoPole Reach, returned it and bought this this POV pole. So I can give a comparison between the two. Here's a quick review of both:

GoPole reach: [...]
- Comparable in price $54.99 for GoPole vs $49.99 for POV pole
- 25% Heavier than the POV pole. 8 oz vs. 6.4 oz.
- Longer final compressed length, will not fit my back-pack. And my back-pack is already larger than most.
- On my unit, there was a problem with the 3rd section and the mid-section. When I twist to tighten the 3rd section, there is still a bit of slack left at the joint in the lateral direction. This makes the camera rattle a bit when you shake the pole, which is quite annoying. This seems to be a quality control issue. Hence the reason why I returned the unit.
- Wrist strap is attached to the rubber handle and feels cheap and flimsy.
+ The diameter of each of the telescoping tubes are significantly larger, which should make the pole more resistant to bending upon impact (ie. if you happen to fall on it)
+ 4" longer than POV pole (40" vs. 36") However, this does not affect me since I will probably never use it at full extension of 40"
= No need to fully extend each telescoping section in order to lock. So it can be locked at any length you want.

POV Pole 36" GoPro-Edition: [...]
+ $5 cheaper
+ light weight - 6.4 oz.
+ Very compact in the final compressed length. FIts any regular sized back-pack
+ Solid construction. Solid aluminum handle with aluminum tubes.
+ Solid wrist strap that attaches directly to an eyelid in the aluminum handle base.
- The diameter of the tubes are smaller, which may make it more prone to bending upon impact
- 4" shorter than GoPole
= No need to fully extend each telescoping section in order to lock. So it can be locked at any length you desire.

Conclusion:
I prefer the POV pole due to its lightness and overall build quality. Very portable in the compressed state.
22 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
Got this POV Pole to used in the swimming pool, but once I got it I felt that it was too nice to utilize in the pool. Instead I got the Bobber to use in the pool. The POV Pole finish is nice, and the feel is sturdy. I like how you do not have to fully extend the pole in order to lock it. Mount or pole does not spin or bend allowing for good clean video/pictures to be taken.
on September 3, 2013
You cant go wrong with buying this POV Pole. I was worried about this pole because there were no reviews, but I took the plunge anyway. I am very happy with this buy though! The price is a little high but the overall quality seems great. There is no breaking the tether on this pole like some other poles and the the sections lock into place very nicely. The only thing I was disappointed about was the grip. The picture makes the grip look rubber but it is actually nice quality foam. Another problem would be the acorn nut that is used to tighten the camera. The nut can be removed easily and is small enough to be easily lost so watch out when you don't have the camera attached. Other then that this is a great product and I think you will be very happy with it.
on February 24, 2014
I am extremely disappointed with this product. After 1 hour of use in Whistler Blackcomb, the pole malfunctioned and caused me to lose my new GoPro black. The black swivel that connects to the camera just ripped off. I spent $50 on this product and $400 on the GoPro black and now I'm left with no camera and a pole mount that is useless.

I have been snowboarding for 15+ years all over the world. What happened here is not the result of falling or dropping the pole. It is the result of a product that malfunctioned after 1 hour of use! Honestly, I feel I got ripped off by this seller and I would NOT RECOMMEND this to anyone.
on December 8, 2014
Bad quality. Don't buy it. Damaged on first use... I was lucky not to lose my camera.
Note: It wasn't an extreme use!!!,
review image
on August 26, 2014
This thing is poorly built. The first time I used it, the extending pole segments came apart and the pole was rendered useless. I have a much cheaper selfie stick made by Fotopro that has the same extension mechanism, yet it is much sturdier than this piece of junk POV Pole. If you use this, don't be surprised if the pole falls apart and you lose your GoPro!

I will contact SP Gadgets for a resolution, hopefully they will make amends.
review image
on March 16, 2015
As most of you do, I researched a lot on what pole to get for my GoPro Hero 4 Black. So many choices but I landed on this one and used this weekend and I must say I so glad I got this one. First of all it's so light and collapses to such a small foot print. I was so tempted to get a pole that extended a lot further but glad I didn't because just image your GoPro attached to the end of this pole fully extended. Ok got it? Now, after shooting an extended pole shot, you decide, OH I need to change the orientation of the camera real quick for my next shot. No problem because you see, it's only 36" away and all you have to do is reach out loosen the screw, move the camera, tighten the screw and off you go again. If it was way out there say 42", 44", 48" and so on, you'd have to either collapse the pole some to reach the camera OR turn it upright, put the handle on the ground so you have access to the camera etc. I learned very quickly that this was the perfect length and fits perfectly in a backpack or in your back pocket for that matter.
on April 30, 2014
The pole is exactly what I was looking for. Compact and easy to carry. I seen other posts stating it was not durable. I felt it will serve its purpose. No place in the description did it say heavy duty. This will work perfect for my applications.
on September 4, 2014
The pole works great. Be aware with the GoPro camera attached the pole will not float. I tested this in a pool before heading out on the water, a few float key chains will be enough to keep everything floating. I used this on a fishing trip in the keys in some severe conditions and the pole worked great.
on January 3, 2016
I've been using this for 2 years and it has been fantastic - it is super easy to break down into something that will fit into your backpack. I've also used it in the ocean and haven't had any problems with rust, deterioration, or loss of functionality. I love this stick.