4.0 out of 5 stars Hipmomof2

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for tank tops
Published on November 17, 2010 by C. Mccutchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Hipmomof2, April 8, 2010
This review is from: Spanx Slimplicity Open-Bust Camisole (Apparel)
I like this product it definitely smooths out the lumps and bumps. I was looking for something to flatten the tummy a bit after having my second child, this does the trick. The only thing I don't like is it has a tendancy to ride up and I feel like I need to pull it down often. I went with the spanx brand because I had read reviews on other brands with this same issue. I guess if I had to do it over again I would have purchased a cheaper brand because it seems you have the same issues no matter what brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Spanx Slimplicity Open-Bust Camisole (Apparel)
I've been using this product for over a year and absolutely love what it does for my body! Before I get going on the wonders of this cami I'd like to comment on some prior reviews. This garment is put on in one way: step into it and pull it UP over your body. NEVER try putting it over your head and pulling it down over your upper body - it just plain doesn't work. This garment goes on tight but once it's in place, believe me, it works! After about the third time of putting it on, you get used to the initial tight feeling while pulling it into place. One other comment, the picture indicates this product should go over your panties - No! That's why some reviews say its slides and rolls. First, the bra goes on; second, step into this cami and pull it up over your body until its in place; third and last, the panties go on. The only way this product will stay in place is if it is against the skin. Trust me, this cami is comfortable, does not ride up when fully clothed (ie: not in rest room), and greatly diminishes muffin tops! An added benefit I found is that it keeps the girls from ending up under your arms. (Those ladies that have that problem know what I mean.). Once I started using this cami I received so many compliments on how great I looked and how I looked 15 pounds thinner! I say try it! Use it properly and you feel like a new woman!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for tank tops, November 17, 2010
Spanx has a great reputation. I bought this item mainly because of that. I have that post-second baby pouch, and wanted something to smooth out my waistline. It does help keep everything smooth, but the draw back is that it doesn't help shapewise. I don't have lumps and bumps with this on under my tshirts, but my tummy comes out to the same place it does as when I am not wearing it. I did expect more tummy control so in that, I'm dissapointed. It is true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think sizing is key here., August 30, 2012
This review is from: Spanx Slimplicity Open-Bust Camisole (Apparel)
I just bought my first Spanx and chose this, the open bust camisole. I chose this particular shapewear because of the Spanx reputation for quality, and because you can wear this with any bra, or even without a bra if the dress works better that way. (And I have a few that do.) I have done jumping jacks, regular walking, and sitting in mine, and the only roll up I get is when I first sit down. And it's slight. As in, not rolling up past my belly button and into my abdomen. Just a little roll up at the bottom. And as a bonus, this enhances my already pretty ample bust, pushing the ladies up and in. (With the right bra, of course. With a more constraining bra you probably won't get that.)

I think that people who say they get massive roll up in this item are possibly sizing incorrectly. Do not assume the Amazon sizing charts necessarily apply to shapewear. It shouldn't be so tight that it digs in at the shoulder, but it shouldn't be loose like a regular shirt, or even as loose as the tightest shirt you'd ever consider wearing. We're trying to contain, aren't we? Yes, the right size may be difficult getting on, but it won't ride up. I'm a size 10-12, 38C, with an hourglass figure, and chose the Large. It's perfect, and I can pull it down to my hips. I tried on an XL in the store to be sure, and while it fit, it didn't contain. It was a little too loose. It would have ridden up. Also, don't size up based on bust size, ladies! This is an open bust cami. If you're a small everywhere else and a D+ cup up top, stick to your small. Or any other cup size, go with sizing through the waist. That's another reason why I think this is excellent shapewear; you aren't sizing based on bust, which is what us chestier gals often have to do.

I took off one star because the straps are a little odd, being that this is open bust and the straps are off set to allow room for a bra. I think some fashion tape could easily fix that, but I have the feeling the straps will stretch with a little wear.

One last note: this is shapewear, not a miracle. You won't lose inches with this. (In fact, if you're not used to shapewear, you may involuntarily let your gut hang more than you would normally because it's a different feeling.) If it's lost inches you want, go with a corset. If it's slimming and smoothing you want, this is the right product for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camisole, good to wear with your own bra, January 31, 2011
I like this camisole. I ordered my regular size, but it is a bit on the big side. Maybe because the material is very stretchy. This makes it very comfortable to wear but it doesn't really tuck you in as much. So maybe in the future I will order a size smaller. If you are looking for a something that will make you loose 1 or 2 dress sizes, this is not it. It smooths you out, but that's it.
The shoulder straps take a bit of getting used to, because they are very tight. They sit really high under your arm pits. Overall I like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS!!, May 31, 2010
This review is from: Spanx Slimplicity Open-Bust Camisole (Apparel)
I love this shaper! The first couple of times it's worn, it can cut in to your armpit a little - but once it's been worn and stretches a bit - it's perfectly fine. It also does ride up a bit - especially if you're up and down a lot - but most things like this do. I haven't found it to be annoying or anything. It doesn't make you hot (I wore it in Arizona, so I gave it the ultimate test, lol), and any moisture that is created, is whisked away from your body so the shapewear doesn't cling to you. Overall, it's a definite keeper! I love how it smooths all my lumps and bumps out without being uncomfortable and changing my overall appearance. I'd recommend to anyone looking for something simple to give you that extra boost of confidence in how you look :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spanx Open Bust Camisole, June 20, 2011
I honestly LOVE this product! I just had a baby and this camisole is perfect for holding everything and still allows me to breastfeed with no added hassle. It also breathes very well. I live in North Carolina and the humidity has been insane the last couple of weeks. It's actually drawn the sweat away from me! The only reason I'm giving this a 4 is because the straps dig in to my underarms just a little bit. But NOTHING to the extent that it would deter me from wearing it. I'd wear one on a daily basis if I had one for everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Size Chart issues, February 20, 2011
The size chart that is used online when purchasing this product and the size chart on the product itself when it arrived were different. I ordered two different products and one is too small and the other is too large. The over all quality of the product was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this item!!, August 2, 2010
ESP1017 "Liz" (Tualatin, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this camisole because I needed a bit of support around my mid-section under lower cut summer tops when it's too warm to hide a bit of a bulge under a sweater or jacket. I truly love this item and wear it on a very regular basis. I like the freedom of being able to wear my bras with it and the support it provides. It's not a miracle slimmer but I didn't need to hide a lot. I can understand where it might be a bit uncomfortable under the arms for some since I slightly notice that fact but am so thrilled with the look it provides, I'm willing to overlook that very minor discomfort. I must order another one since this one will surely wear out for as often as I wear it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rolls Up Constantly, October 17, 2011
I really hate this product. It is constantly rolling up. I never wear it because it is such a pain trying to reach up under my clothes and pull it back down into place. Don't buy this.

Spanx Slimplicity Open-Bust Camisole