5.0 out of 5 stars Won't leave home without them...
Published on July 19, 2008 by Miss Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Higher Power by Spanx
Published on March 26, 2008 by C. Mendez

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't leave home without them..., July 19, 2008
I really only wear them for work or special occasions but I secretly would love to wear them with EVERYTHING. The trick is to buy the correct size. If you think you need to buy smaller, in order to look smaller, you couldn't be more wrong. Seriously, I feel like I've instantly lost 10 lbs when I have them on (without the effort). They smooth my curves and support my post-pardum bulges. Most importantly, they give me the confidence I need to not feel insecure about my appearance. You can certainly find something cheaper out there, but you will end up with a far inferior product that will end up in your drawer, because if the SPANX are available you'll always reach for them first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Higher Power by Spanx, March 26, 2008
C. Mendez (The Poconos, PA) - See all my reviews
I purchased Higher Power by Spanx about a month or two ago and I wear it just about everyday. What I like about this product is that it doesn't really make me feel like I am wearing a girdle. It also definitely makes a difference in my appearance; I love how this product covers me from under the breasts all the way to my thighs. My problems areas are the lower stomach and inner thighs, and this product helps to smooth those areas and my pants are fitting better than ever! Also, I wore khaki pants for the 1st time in 5 years since this product helps to eliminate the appearance of cellulite. It doesn't make it go away, that's for sure, but it certainly helps smooth the lumps and bumps.

What I don't like about the product is how it fits around my bra area. This product actually makes that area look fatter since it's pushing everything up. I can't seem to find a comfortable position. I am constantly checking out my back profile in the mirror after I put on these Spanx and at times I take it off since those bra bulges look worse than before I put the Spanx on. Also, the product tends to make the "love-handle" area look fatter as well, and this is not usually a problem area for me. These two issues are major for me.

Also, the quality of the product for the price leaves a lot to be desired. From the 2nd day, the strings around the top started to fray and come loose. This material is so similar to pantyhose and it snags easily. Also, I noticed this morning that the area around the crotch is starting to come loose as well. The craftsmanship could be a lot better. Another complaint is that when I visit the ladies room, I have to pull the product down in order to use the toilet. In the product description it says something about a "cotton gusset" to make it easier, but I just feel uncomfortable not wearing some sort of underwear so only using the gusset just doesn't work for me.

Overall, I enjoy the product, but not nearly as much as I had hoped; but I definitely plan on purchasing other Spanx products in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, September 12, 2007
I have tried a lot of shapewear but this is by far the best. It did not roll up or down and I looked great. I also love how you do not have to take them all the way down to go the the bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 23, 2013
This is my first pair of spanx and my first review. I decided to give an opinion because of the many differing opinions about these spanx.

I recieved them today and was very excited to try them on. I have a wedding to attend to in two weeks so I desperately needed these to work with my tight fitted black dress.

I am a mother of three, ages 5, 3, and 1. I have a "mother's apron" on my belly (belly flap) after three c-sections that is really noticeable when I wear fitted clothing. I am 5'2" and weigh 115 lbs. I ordered a size B. under the size chart, I could choose either A or B but based on other reviews, I decided B was best.

I was scared they would be really hard to put on and off making bathroom usage difficult. I was wrong! These went on pretty easily. I love these spanx. They do exactly what I needed them to do which was to smooth out by belly flap underneath my tight black dress. I did not find that there was any rolling up or down on my torso or legs. I think getting the right size really makes a big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanx High Power High Waist w/Tummy Control Review, January 9, 2007
This product is absolutely amazing! It gives you great control without being too binding like oldfashioned girdles. It gives your outfit a graceful smooth look as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like you're wearing nothing!, July 17, 2007
I couldn't believe it. It is a bit tricky putting on but once on it's light and airy and gives a very smooth effect. I forgot I was wearing it!!! I'll definitely be looking at other Spanx products in the future and also need to order a duplicate of this so I can have one ready while the other is in the wash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing info seems to be off, March 18, 2011
I am 5' 7" and 162 lbs, according to the sizing chart i should use a size C. Cant get it up from my thighs. Have struggled with it now a good 5 times. I guess I need to lose weight to wear it...but then once i do that I wont need it !

1.0 out of 5 stars Miserable, and it didn't stay up., May 8, 2007
Unlike the one with the stockings attached, this one rolled right down. I fought my way into it, it rolled down, I rolled it the rest of the way off and put it back in the box.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok..., July 12, 2010
CL "-C" (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
It's ok... but for something that is supposed to be all slimming and such, I think there are better products out there, ie. Maidenform: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00284B8WU/). Reason why is that there's a huge huge seam running right down the front and center of it!! So you better wear some thick fabric over it, or you'll get some crazy "panty lines". There's absolutely nothing sexy about this, but I guess this is more "form over function".

The other reviewer brings up a good point; it is hard to use the bathroom with this on, since it's not exactly easy to get in and out of. It's not extremely difficult, but not even close to being convenient.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Down For Me, October 1, 2010
sly1074 (San Ramon, CA) - See all my reviews
I had high hopes that this garment would help with my muffin top issues. It does seem to smooth out the problem areas, but it won't stay up at ALL! It started rolling down the instant I put it on. Will sadly have to return.