Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 5, 2011
All righty.

Book 1 was left with an unfinished feeling, and not much happened. I picked up Book 2 thinking the plot would develop... and it did get slightly more interesting, with some of the characters becoming a little more understandable... but I think I am on the hook for Book 3 now.

Cute illustrations, lots of advertising slogans. Not much plot. No objectionable language. Some vulgar humor (vomit). There's nothing here my kids shouldn't read... but there's nothing much here for my kids TO READ.
on September 3, 2012
SPHDZ #2 takes up right were #1 left off. Still in the same old cafeteria in the same old school. Michael K gets the gang into a job of helping out the Kindergarten class with a play about Little Red Riding Hood, we learn about just how old the SPHDZ really are, and of course the AAA agent is still on their trail. Will they escape the wily AAA? Will enough people sign up on the official SPHDZ website? Will reviewers ever stop writing silly questions? Confused? You won't be after reading SPHDZ #2!
on December 11, 2014
If you’re Spaceheadz and you know it clap your hands!

Michael K. and his alien friends are back in the second action-packed installment of the SPHDZ series. Spaceheadz Bob, Jennifer, and Major Fluffy are still trying to disguise themselves and blend in at Michael’s elementary school, where they’re working undercover to recruit as many people to sign up for the SPHDZ website as possible. It’s a life or death situation because their home base will deactivate the Earth if they can’t get enough signatures!

Michael K. and his new friends Venus and TJ have to work as hard as they can to protect the aliens’ identities and get kids signed up on the website. It’s harder than it sounds—all the while they have to thwart the dastardly plans of the Anti-Alien Agency. With bumbling Agent Umber on the trail, a series of weirdo happenings circling around the bizarre Bob and Jennifer, and a chaotic kindergarten play, will Michael K. be able to save the day (and, more importantly, save the Earth from destruction)?

The zany story and awesome illustrations will be a blast for readers, and the book’s supplementary website (http://www.sphdz.com/) is jam-packed with extra goodies from the author and illustrator. Remember…BE SPHDZ, save the world!

This review originally appeared on abookandahug.com
on January 9, 2012
I bought these as gifts and I have three rave reviews from mothers and boys ( and my daughter). 7yr olds can read it, 10 year olds still like it, and parents will get caught up in the humor! A great read-together book! Major Fluffy the hamster is our favorite- we all speak hamster now!!! Eek eek meekeek !
on December 19, 2010
I received an advanced copy of the book and loved it! The SPHDZ are on the move in this book and if you have not read the first book you really should. In this book Micheal K. struggles with a new deadline for the amount of Spaceheadz, but luckily they have two new friends who change the entire approach. Poor Agent Umber continues to struggle, but always Looks up! The reader will also get to see Bob and Jennifer's earth base! I cannot wait to get my regular copy to see the finished art! 95/100 rating from me!
on December 24, 2010
You need to read the first book to understand the second. There are very small 41 chapters with a 21a and 741 chapter. It has some websites like book 1. In this book Michael K. and three spaceheadz aliens (Bob, Jennifer, and a hamster Major Fluffy)are trying to get 3.14 million and one Earth people (the spaceheadz say persons) to become spaceheadz or else the Earth gets turned off. Two other fifth graders named Venus and TJ join the campaign to sign up SPHDZ. Agent Umber from the Anti Alien Agency (AAA for short) is still trying to track down the spaceheadz. It's up to Michael K., Venus, TJ, and the spaceheadz to stop Agent Umber and stop the world from being turned off.
on July 29, 2012
I thought by the second book things would start making a little more sense, but not really. And the different fonts all over the place are just manic. Do kids like that? I admit, I only read this book because I had agreed to review Spaceheadz: Book#3 and it made NO sense without reading the first two. Then again, the series doesn't make that much sense as it is. Am I too old, or am I just meant to be more easily impressed?

For more reviews, please visit my blog, CozyLittleBookJournal.
on March 7, 2016
Whole series is great. Very funny and I read along with my 8 year old. We had to get the whole series after getting hooked on book #1!
on January 28, 2013
My 10 year-old son loved this book, along with the other in the series. We're hoping #3 is published soon.
on December 19, 2013