Spirit-Filled Christology: Merging Theology and Power
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$18.72 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Format: Paperback
I bought the book on a Sunday and after I began reading it that afternoon, could not bear to put it down. It is one of the most remarkable pieces of scholarship on the tenets of Christianity I have ever read, and contains a great deal of history about the early church, as well as the history of the church in general. Dr. Dorries does a better job explaining doctrines such as the trinity, salvation, heresy (although he does not label it as such), faith, and other Christian doctrines and beliefs than I have read in one volume. Quite frankly, I am amazed at his scholarship.

This book condenses the essentials of church history in a manner and style reminiscent of William Barclay's Introducing the Bible, which gives an account of how the Bible was compiled as well as a summary of each book in the canon of scripture (including the apocrypha). The "void" between the canonization of scripture and church history has now been filled.

Books on history and doctrine are not known as resources for encouragement; oddly enough, I do not believe Dr. Dorries wrote the book for such purpose. However, I was not only encouraged, my faith was increased as I wound my way through this remarkable treatise about theology and church history. I highly recommend this to pastors and parishioners alike.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 3, 2015
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
THANKS JBE.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again