5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got it!
Published on August 19, 2011 by Busy

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Guide
Published 22 months ago by Halah

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got it!, August 19, 2011
Busy "DJT" (Simi Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPSS Survival Manual: A step by step guide to data analysis using SPSS, 4th Edition (Spiral-bound)
Anyone wanting to use SPSS just MUST get this book - especially if you are working on your dissertation! She makes it easy and understandable with her step by step process. Unless you are a super-sophisticated statistician, you will be so glad you got this book! I have recommended it to my other doctoral cohorts and they agree with me - even my chairperson of my committee who is a statistical genius highly recommends it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved my skin!, February 11, 2011
I am currently in a doctoral-level Methods and Analysis of Quantitative Research class, and I was struggling to understand SPSS. The university provided web-based tutorial videos, but the videos went too fast & skipped over important steps. I am so glad I found this book! The author breaks everything down into plain English and makes the software very easy to understand. I am now getting an A in my course, due in no small part to this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars best guide for SPSS, December 14, 2011
This book takes you through all the basic processes for descriptive and correlational tests, with lovely accessible English - it beats ...for dummies hands down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful, February 12, 2011
Unlike other so-called help books for SPSS (and I did try a bunch), this one gives clear and concise explanations of what it is that you are looking at. The author provides write-ups for output examples and this is a key to understanding the functions of the program. Plain English actually makes it easier to think through the statistical concepts than do formulas. Duh! Nice to see at least one author hasn't gotten so far into the statistical ether that she can't communicate back to earth!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Guide, September 21, 2012
The book offers a quick manual or a guide to different tests in SPSS, practical examples are provided in business and health. However, it doesn't offer full utility of any test or justification to different uses. You may use the book for knowing how to perform a certain analysis but you will need to consult a standard text book on statistics to know about the functions, limitations, and utility of any particular test.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best SPSS guidebook out there, April 28, 2011
This is the most accessible and practical guide available. I recommend this to all of my students, from undergraduate levels to PhD students.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to help with doctoral studies, September 21, 2013
I am NOT a math person, so when I managed to get through the stats classes required by Rutgers to pursue my doctorate, I was a bit surprised and very relieved. Then I didn't use the info from those classes for several years (yay, RU Screw!), and I forgot pretty much everything. When it came time to start running statistics on the data I'd gathered, I was in a bad way. This book helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and follow lifesaver, July 3, 2012
I teach a statistics course where I integrate statistics with the use of SPSS. This book is one of my required texts. I have mentored students who had not taken my course but needed to do their thesis...I have loaned this book out more times than I can count. It has been well loved and well used. Language is clear, down to exact procedures, how syntax looks and how to interpret output (With the exact output for each problem shown in the book). Excellent manual! Just wish they had more examples that are even more advanced, but this will do for course purposes. I personally have found it helpful more times than I can count.

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Gift to Grad Students, December 15, 2013
I love this manual! It is God's gift to statistics students! Great step by step instructions and explanations of how to interpret SPSS output.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPSS Survival Manual, October 14, 2013
Tricia Ghent (Belcamp, Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
Used for graduate level class. Easy to use and follow. A must for those who are looking to expand their knowledge in data analysis.

Used & New from: $31.87