I already have a Hello Kitty Crane type Humidifier and almost got another but decided to get this Polar Bear one instead. I'm glad I got this one for my bedroom since it's about half the size of Hello Kitty and is easy to refill (a bit more easier than Hello Kitty).

Published on December 31, 2011 by J.E.F

3.0 out of 5 stars Sending in for warranty after less than a year
Published on January 13, 2012 by Chris S

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adorable Humidifier that works for about 3 days straight on Medium Setting, December 31, 2011
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)

It's not heavy as the HK one can get and it's easier to clean too. On the Medium setting (which would be halfway to to the MAX setting- since there's no actual words printed on the unit, just dots), it lasted for almost 3 days straight on a full tank and then it turned off automatically when empty. It works really well even though it's smaller.

Hello Kitty does not turn off like this one does when the tank is empty, the HK stays on with a red light glowing. This one really does turn off and doesn't keep using your electricity like the HK one does.

Plenty of steam comes from the nose of the bear on MAX but the things near it will get wet easily fairly quickly. I recommend the Medium setting and you'll get the best output for moisture that isn't too much or too little. Plus it'll last for days (2 days and a half or so for me and even though the tank isn't real big, it lasts a long while more than the HK one. It's really nice not have to refill so often).

Hello Kitty has a soft blue night light feature, but it does get a little hot at the base. No fire issues for me though and I've had mine for years.

The Polar Bear's base gets warm but it's no where near hot and when it turns off due to an empty tank, it really does turns off (unlike HK which stays on and continues to be hot at the base).

I get sinusitis often due to polyps so this humidifier is a must for me. I sleep better because of it.

This unit is probably the safest option/version for your kids since it doesn't get heated like the Crane ones (I do like the Crane units except for the heat issue).

I highly recommend this Polar Bear. It's blue and white and very cute/charming with the bear having a clear blue tummy. (The HK model is hard to see the water level unless you turn on the night light and it's dark in the room.)

I'm thinking of buying another for my sister. Just wish it had a night light feature like the Hello Kitty one does. Thank you for reading my review :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sending in for warranty after less than a year, January 13, 2012
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
I bought this in April 2011 and I'm having to send it in for warranty work already. When it works, it's awesome- my son loves it, it's helped tremendously with his dry skin, it's not incredibly noisy so he's able to sleep just fine with it on. After a few months of nightly use, it started making a loud buzzing noise intermittently. When this would happen, the mist output decreased significantly. It's been getting progressively worse, to the point that we haven't used it at all for the last 3-4 months. I finally e-mailed Sunpentown after going through all the troubleshooting steps, and they said it's probably the nebulizer. It's still under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty, so I'll be sending it to them in the next few days. My only complaint is that they don't pay shipping both ways (only return shipping), but I think that's pretty typical of most companies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my polar bear humidifier!!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
I get frequent "dry winter nosebleeds" and I wanted a small humidifier on my nightstand and this one works great! Only have to fill it up every other day. I have no problems with it. Love how cute it is :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, January 8, 2012
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
I'm quite pleased with the SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier. I've been using it for several weeks with NYC tap water and so far, no white dust. A full tank of cold water lasts for about 1.5 days on the highest setting, three days on the lowest. My skin had been quite itchy because the winter air is drying it out but after a few hours on high, the itchiness was relieved to a certain degree, and even more so after a day with the humidifier on.

Cleaning is not difficult but it is kind of a pain. I am running a 1:1 vinegar and water solution through it as I type, and washed the tank stopper with diluted bleach. It's probably a good idea to occasionally swish a little bleach solution in the base as well though I haven't yet done this.

I took off a star in my rating because the mist seems to go straight down and doesn't dissipate before reaching the floor while on the medium setting and while sitting on a 22"h table. So I put it on a plastic shoe box and placed it right in front of my Honeywell 17005 QuietCare HEPA Air Purifier's exhaust, which aims upward. With the shoe box, it now sits about 27" from the floor and the mist evaporates completely before it ever reaches the floor. I also just discovered it doesn't even need the air purifier's help because it sits high enough now.

As to noise, well, it's just about noiseless. It's not completely silent but honestly, you'd have to be standing with your face in the mist to hear anything. I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend the SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive (I paid thirty four bucks for mine) simple but effective solution to dry air in his/her home/office.

*****UPDATE February 20, 2013*****

I am still quite pleased with this humidifier. Mine is still very quiet and if not for the indicator light and the mist, I'd never know it was on. No white dust despite never using distilled water in it, and a tankful of water lasts for about two days on medium.

I do have an issue with cleaning the inside of the tank, especially after it's been running nonstop for a week; the reservoir gets kind of scummy after a week or two without a proper scrub and airing-out. The opening through which to fill the tank is off to one side and there is no way to reach the other side of the reservoir with anything except maybe a pipe cleaner. I've taken to vigorously shaking hot water around in it with the valve on and then leaving it filled with bleach water overnight before doing another hot water rinse, then letting it air dry for another night. This process takes me a weekend to do, which I don't mind much but is a real pain in the bum. I really wish this little humidifier was easier to clean because it otherwise works beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well! Too Cute!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
Bought this model because my Vick's was growing mold, smelled horrible and was leaking all over the place after just 6 months of use Vicks V4500 FilterFree Humidifier. So far I have nothing bad to say about this product. First of all, it is adorable. The price was right. The water tank lasts a few days so I don't have to constantly refill it. The mist does not get all over the walls and floors. It is also very quiet. Once my daughter is here I plan to put it on a shelf in her room with all her stuffed animals.
Hopefully it does not start to grow mold like my Vick's model did- I plan to rinse this bad boy out once a week with hot water and vinegar. I will update the review if anything changes.

4.0 out of 5 stars will help you hibernate when you have a cold, December 16, 2011
Amazon Customer (AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
Dry air is a killer when you have cough and congestion. I ordered this little guy and slept like a baby. He's fairly quiet, easy to use, safe, and very effective.

3.0 out of 5 stars SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier, May 26, 2012
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
Cute, easy to fill, but...had to return base for new one. Began to make excessive noise within a week. The light is bright enough to be a nightlight. It would be bothersome if you are not used to bright light at night. Using distilled water is recommended,using it daily means about 1gal every other day.
I wanted a humidifier without a filter, that it is, it is not putting out enough to keep larger room's air moist enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and efficient, March 21, 2012
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
The polar bear humidifier is really cute and it works so efficiently. It turns off when the water is empty and that is a real plus. One of the most positive attributes is that it is very quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultrasonic Humidifier for Childs Room, December 9, 2011
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
Whether you're a decorator or just a style conscience mom, (or grandma), SPT makes adorable humidifiers for children's rooms! If placed on a shelf surrounded by stuffed animals, this "Polar Bear" looks like he's part of the bunch! The water tank is large enough to run all night, allowing no interuptions, so your little one will enjoy a peaceful sleep! Great price at Amazon.com too!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Polar Bear Humidifier, December 13, 2013
This review is from: SPT Polar Bear Ultrasonic Humidifier (Kitchen)
I have a friend who's always there
Always smiling
I have a friend who is a bear
That loves humidifying

When the weather is dry
And my throat is too
My little friend starts to work
No night dryness for me!
No painful nostrils!
No chapped lips!
Herman says “No!”

Another system might have sufficed
Without a touch of character
But I think my humidifier is quite nice
Portrayed by a bear actor

Fill him with water
Plug him in
Switch him on
Full strength for me, thank you
Good night world