4.0 out of 5 stars Love my new countertop dishwasher
I love my new countertop dishwasher. I've been using it for more than a week. No more dirty dishes on the counter waiting to be washed in addition to no more dish washing!
Here are some things to know:
1. It's heavy and comes in a big box. You may need someone to help you with it.
2. Run the water until it gets hot before attaching the dishwasher hose...
Published on October 23, 2011 by L. West

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling Apart after 6 months
When I bought this unit for my wife and I it was to make life a little simpler. BUt I have found problems with the
unit that cause concern. They are not kidding when they say careful loading is required. It seems that the rack is
set to low and if you put in a full load of dishes the spin tube catches on the rack. My guess is it is det to low
in the first...
Published on November 4, 2012 by Philip Ertman

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my new countertop dishwasher, October 23, 2011
Here are some things to know:
1. It's heavy and comes in a big box. You may need someone to help you with it.
2. Run the water until it gets hot before attaching the dishwasher hose.
3. Follow the diagrams for loading the basket. If your dishes don't face toward the center of the dishwasher, they won't get cleaned.
4. There's absolutely no information about the manufacturer in the manual. There's no way to contact them.
5. There's absolutely no information about ordering parts in the manual. Guess you're out of luck if you need a replacement part.
Comment 4 and 5 resulted in a four-star review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 1-2 people, July 13, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I HATE doing dishes. It's probably my least favorite chore, and two years in an apartment without a dishwasher was torture. I finally caved and decided to buy one. The only kind within my budget and size restrictions was a countertop dishwasher, and after a little research I chose this one. I bought it over a year ago, and wanted to wait a while before reviewing to see how well it held up over time. The short story is that I absolutely love it, and really have no complaints. Here are some details:
-Setup was fairly simple, but I did have to have my brother lift it onto the counter (I'm not very strong). Otherwise, putting the few pieces together was a snap.
-I was concerned about taking the attachment on and off the faucet, but it is extremely easy and only takes a second.
-My water comes out very hot in my apartment, so I've never had an issue but I would make sure the water is hot for use.
-The booklet/manual that comes with the dishwasher is actually very helpful, and I use it quite a bit.
-If you overload or load things right next to each other, sometimes dishes will not get fully clean. However, this is true with any dishwasher. I have found that you can get creative with what you put in and how. Don't be afraid to experiment.
-I have washed everything from tupperware to heavy pots and pans with success.
-If you let food dry on dishes, it may not come off if you just put it in without presoaking/scrubbing. If you put dishes in immediately and just scrape excess food off before hand, they get squeaky clean. No pre-scrubbing needed.
-It's never broken down.
-Easy to clean.
-It runs quietly, and beeps when it's finished.
-TURN OFF THE FAUCET BEFORE DETACHING THE HOSE. May seem like common sense, but common sense hasn't stopped me from being sprayed in the face a couple times...
-The setting I generally use takes about an hour and a half to finish.

Honestly, I have said numerous times this dishwasher was the best $250 I ever spent in my life. I use it all the time, and it makes my life so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought it...day one, April 22, 2011
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I just bought this dishwasher and was thrilled at how quickly it arrived. I purchased it on Wednesday and it arrived on Thursday! Tracking was a breeze. Once I unpacked the unit, I was surprised at how light it was.

It came with all the parts to install it to my sink's faucet, though it did take me a few minutes to discover the plastic hookup actually had the faucet adaptor inside it. Once I pulled the metal faucet adapter out and screwed it onto my sink's faucet - I was ready to go. I hooked up all the tubes - be careful not to over tighten them, but get them tight! I plugged the unit in and turned on the water. No leaks so I put a few dishes in and started the washer last night.

The unit is surprisingly quiet (for a dishwasher) and it takes awhile for the load to run. Once the load was finished I just open the door to let everything dry out. Tonight will be my second try with the dishwasher. So far everything is good, no leaks. I set the unit up on a kitchen cart with wheels so I can just move it to the sink when I'm ready to use it.
The silver color is nice and the door design is very simple. No buttons to press before you can open the door or close it. Just a simple pull or push to shut it. When the unit is powered, opening or closing the door results in a beep.

This is an energy star efficient washer, so I'm hoping it saves me on time and water (hand washing dishes tends to take me more water than this unit uses).

I will try and edit or add another review once I've had the unit a little longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it so far , no problems, December 9, 2011
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
Update Oct 2014 - I've had this for almost three years now and it still works great. I just bought this cart to sit it on which is a VAST and sturdy improvement over what I had been using, I would highly recommend it. Each shelf holds 266 pounds. TRINITY EcoStorage 3-Tier NSF Chrome Cart.

Update - April 2012 and it still is working great. Once you figure out how to load it and what works it becomes really easy, I wouldn't trade it !

I think if you have had a problem with the dishes getting clean you first want to check your water hardness and rinse agent. Also you need to make sure you run your water and it is HOT before you attach the hoses to start the dishes. If you don't have the hoses attached tight enough or properly, it's going to leak. Every time I plug it in, I always give the hoses a glance just in case, since I am moving it back and forth. Also I have to drain the hoses into a bowl after each wash. I lift the hose high in the air and even more water flows into the bowl I use for that purpose.
-----
Quick facts -

- It's packed really well, it will take you more than a few minutes to get it out of all the packing.

-I have this on a cart that is 19x27.5 . It fits great with about 5 inches left on the end, and an inch in the front. Make sure it is a sturdy kitchen cart I would recommend. It would not fit under my cabinets, I needed one more inch.

-When you first get it out of the box and before you start doing the dishes on a regular basis the drain hoses will be less pliable, just make sure that the connections on the back are tight before you turn the water on and you will be good to go. The second time I used it some water sprayed out because we had been moving the hoses to drain the extra water.

-You do have to change your faucet head. (!!!!!!) ( They supply the one you need ! ) If you've already had a portable dishwasher you already know this. A cheapy faucet in general is probably the only way you will be making the new connection fit easily. It just screws on to your faucet head fairly easily if you have a regular plain old faucet. We actually had to take out the faucet we had before for a cheaper version, but that was worth it not to do dishes by hand and being that we didn't want to tear out cabinets and pay someone to install a built in.

- Read the placement chart for the dishes. Big plates go up front and they should fit fine. I do cups on the side, bowls along the back along with small plates where I can fit them.

- The water usage is listed as liters on the cycle chart in the manual, not gallons. A normal wash will use about 3.5 gallons of water, or 13.6 liters.

-------------------------
When we first got it and my husband looked inside he asked "do you like this ?" with a note of pessimism. And I was unsure at first because it was smaller.

I've gone from a full size portable to this size after the first one broke fairly quickly.

This size works well for a family of 4. Sometimes I do 2-3 loads a day. It depends of what I've cooked. Usually it's 1-2.

It might be small, but it cleans the dishes well.

Cycle info -

You can do a regular load of lightly soiled dishes with milk and juice residue, crumbs and ketchup, in 50 minutes on the light cycle that doesn't have a dry time. It's called speed and it is 30 minutes less than light, it just doesn't take 30 minutes to dry the dishes. So a lot of times, that will work for me. When you open the the door a lot of steam escapes and they get dry quickly enough on their own. The normal cycle has 3 pre rinses, and 1 wash cycle, and 2 rinses. The speed cycle has 2 pre-rinses and 1 wash cycle and 1 rinse.

I've used all kinds of detergent and they all work well. I am using a powder at the moment.

And also, I think it is common sense that you have to be careful that the spatula or other objects don't obstruct the spinning arm below the basket. It could maybe use a few more well placed built in metal tines if I could think of any improvements.

I bought a square trade warranty after my last issue with a portable, not sure that I will need it, but you can search for the appliance one for the 250-300 dollar coverage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling Apart after 6 months, November 4, 2012
in the first place. Now I have another problem. The drain line has started spraing water out of the back of wsher.
I took apart the connection and found that the tube going into connection had cracked. The weird part is that it
cracked around the end that seals it to the connection. Needless to say I am not happy with this thing. Now I have to
find a replacement drain hose. The instruction manual gives no indication of where to get parts. Nor is there an address
or anything where we can send inquires.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Is Too Short To Wash Dishes By Hand, August 5, 2014
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I am a bachelor living in a small two bedroom apartment by myself but I regularly have guests over. For the last nine years I've frequently had my tiny sink overwhelmed with toppling over piles of dirty dishes from having company and all too often it would take a few days, working an hour or more each day to get them cleaned by hand.

I've worn out countess scrubbers and sponges over the years and worse yet, the dishes weren't even getting cleaned very well. It got to the point I actually dreaded the dish cleaning aftermath of having friends over for meals so much I wouldn't invite them as often.

This was the solution I wish I had known about all along. It does an excellent job of washing for me. I have hard water here and with the right rinse agent and detergent tweaks this unit cleans spotless.

Some tips not in other reviews:

Tip 1

If you don't want to hook this to your faucet you don't have to. My apartment is unusual in that there's a laundry washer hook up in the corner of my kitchen. I have a single unit laundry washer/dryer there. This dishwasher fits perfectly on top of that. So instead of using the cheesy faucet device I instead elected to hook the unit directly to the water mains for the washer through a splitter. This involves taking the inlet hose to your local hardware store and asking them to adapt it to a garden hose type connection. You may need to cut off the small end that screws into the faucet adapter to do this. (I had to) If you do, cut it off with enough hose behind it so that you can splice it back together if you ever decide to use the faucet adapter. (Or just buy a new hose for that purpose) While at the hardware store you'll also need a garden hose type connection splitter so that the laundry washer and the dish washer can share the same connection. The laundry washer water hookup stays on and pressurized all the time so make sure you use teflon tape on every connection. The drain hose is just sent to the same drain the laundry washer uses, usually there's no need to screw the connector into anything, you just shove the end of the hose into the drain pipe.

Tip 2

You can hook this unit up to the cold water side of the mains (or with cold water from your faucet) if you want to. I noticed that many reviews here say to turn the faucet on to hot and run it for a while before hooking up the dishwasher. I ended up reading that after I had already permanently hooked the unit to the cold water spout. However, I also noticed that in the manual each cleaning cycle has a listed running temperature. The only way that could be so regulated is if the unit heats the water by itself, and it does. Even though only cold water is hooked up the dishes are still steaming at the end of a cycle (with no drying selected), so you don't have to have hot water at all for the unit to clean hot.

Tip 3

The silverware basket can be unsnapped in half.
I find I don't usually have enough silverware for a full basket. If you look closely at the basket you will see theres two separate cages that snap in place on the handle. If you remove one of these cages you can recover a nice chunk of space in the dishwasher to use for other stuff. You can also relocate the silverware basket to a less congested spot at your convenience. This trick made the difference between being able to wash a big pan of mine or not.

Altogether I couldn't ask for a better dishwasher. As a single guy in an apartment its like it was made just for me. Life is easier. Now I've recovered all those hours I would've spent slaving at the sink to do the things I'd much rather be doing, like writing long Amazon reviews! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with this dishwasher, March 21, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I ordered this dishwasher based on other reviews. I was a little worried that a small dishwasher with one arm wouldn't do that great of a job. Having owned a chinese washing machine that attached to the sink, I was also worried about water leaks.

As it turns out, neither of those were issues. This dishwasher did a great job cleaning up week old dishes that had been sitting in my sink, and the combined faucet/drain (pictures on the supentown web site) means that you don't have to worry about water going everywhere as long as it's been installed properly. The faucet adapter also has an aerator, so you don't have to take it off to make the water come out evenly when you aren't using the dishwasher.

If I had any quibble, it would be that it uses more space than I'd like, but I can't imagine them making it any smaller and still fitting full sized plates. It's easy to detach from the sink, so I can probably stow it away when it's not in use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Marginally better than washing by hand, March 15, 2014
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I bought this dishwasher nearly two years ago, so I used it for a long time until I moved into an apartment with a build-in dishwasher. This is therefore a review from someone who used this appliance day in and day out for at least 1.5 years. After using a normal dishwasher for a couple of months, the contrast couldn't be greater!

Problems with this dishwasher:

-If you don't load it exactly the right way, you will end up with food particles dried on your dishes. I worked this out through trial and error mostly, and my husband could never get the hang of it!
-Only the heaviest and longest of the cycles works even marginally well - and it won't clean well if you don't rinse the dishes ahead of time.
-If you don't wash off most particles of food before putting the dishes in, they won't come out clean. So, when I say rinse, I really mean that you almost have to wash the dishes before you wash the dishes! Basically, this is good for sanitizing. I was living in Mexico in a house without a dishwasher, and it was helpful to have the heated wash so the dishes would be sanitized.
-You can only use liquid dishwashing detergent. I tried powdered, as well as the gel packs that come with a mix of liquid and powdered. Nope!
-The interior is short, so only Corelle Ware sized dinner plates (9 in) can fit upright. Other dinner plates are too large and have to lean over to fit.
-It holds less than you think! Six place settings -- not really! Unless you are just talking about one set of plates and silverware, and maybe glasses. But if you also used salad plates and/or bowls, it's probably going to take you two loads. And unless you are only using Corelle or similar sizes, you will have trouble fitting more than 3-4 place settings in at a time. We are a family of three, and I had to wash dishes in this usually at least 2-3 times per day, and that did not include any pots or pans, or anything I cooked with.

Pros of this unit:

-It does sanitize!
-I had no trouble with cloudy dishes as long as I pre-rinses everything really well, used liquid detergent, and put in rinse aid. I had hard water, so washing by hand meant I had to dry everything by hand as well to avoid the problem of spots.
-It never broke down, and I had no problems with leaks. If you make sure all the connections are well tightened before you use it, there shouldn't be a problem with leaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome dishwasher, when used and cared for properly! A must have!!, July 28, 2014
K-Mac (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
I purcahsed this dishwasher in January 2012. I was hesitant because it had mixed reviews, but so did all the table top/portable dishwashers. This one had the most positive reviews and I liked the overall look of it, so I took the dive and bought it. IM SO GLAD I DID! I love it! Many of the reviews said that it broke within the first year, but mine is still going strong! Here are some tips to keep it working great:

- You don't need to fully hand-wash dishes first, but you can't put dishes in it that have big chunks on food on them. A quick rinse should be sufficient. Table top dishwashers don't have the mechanism that chops up food chunks like the bigger dishwashers do, therefore those chunks just swirl around in there and end up on other dishes by the end of the cycle.

- Clean out the filter at least once a week, if you use it daily. I'd say once every 5 or 6 washes. The user manual suggests this as well. For those that are seeing food particles on your dishes, it may be because the filter is clogged. Also, check inside it once in a while and make sure there isn't any larger food remnants stuck to the floor or wall of the dishwasher and remove them. I've never had this, but saw a couple or reviewers mention it.

- Do not overload the dishwasher or block the spinner. The only time I've had issues with dishes not getting clean (on any wash level) is when something shifted during the cycle and blocked the spinner. I usually stuff it pretty full and rarely have any issues with results that aren't clean, but it has happened once or twice. In most cases it's been because the spinner was blocked or the filter was dirty.

- if you do have some dishes that don't necessarily have big food chunks on them, but did have some food residue that sat out overnight and are now like cement on the plate, running it through the rinse cycle first, then through a regular cycle usually does the trick if you don't want to hand-scrub them first.

- You MUST use a rinse agent.

- It doesn't have a drying cycle like other full size dishwashers, so if you wash dishes then let them sit in there for a few days, sometimes it can get a mildewy smell. This has only happened to me once, when I ran it before leaving town for a long weekend. If you don't have time to put the dishes away, just crack the door a little (when the cycle is done) so they can air dry. Turn the dishwasher off though, or it will beep at you every 3 minutes or so.

- Also, you do have to run it more frequently than you would a full size dishwasher. Typically with a full size, you fill it up over the course a several days to a week then run it once at the end the week or when its full, but with this small one, you just can't do that. I wouldn't let dirty dishes sit in there for than a day or two at most without running it (even if its not completely full) because the smell, especially in warmer climates, is horrible. There is not a lot of ventilation in that small space so keeping dirty dishes in there for too long, especially if they have food residue on them is not a good idea. A lesson, you'll learn the first time! Hopefully!

Bottom line: I think this table top dishwasher is a great value when used and cared for properly. I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and it still works as good as it did on day one! Well worth the money in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review - Excellent, May 2, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver (Misc.)
Have had this for 4 months, no problems, no leaks, daily use.
It is very quiet, weirdly it is actually somewhat soothing, like a womb sound.
Read and follow the instructions on loading and recommended detergent.
Rinse items well before loading, not because this can't handle it, but because you will have to clean it less.
If you follow the instructions you can wash a good amount of dishes and they will be very clean.
Use the small soap container for liquid, very little soap is plenty for this machine, its very efficient.
The default wash cycle is the right wash cycle for default. Two button start up...beep beep on. It takes some time to wash, 90 minutes ish.
We have this on a counter next to the sink. Nice to have a dishwasher at sink height, makes loading much easier.
If you have washing machine connectors in your kitchen (we did), get an adapter for a garden hose to a smaller hose, there is one in Home Depot that fits. It is a very tight squeeze. Lock it off with a hose clamp. Attach to the cold water spigot wrapped with 1 layer of silicon plumbers tape. Cut the straight end off the stock hose with a utility knife. Be sure to leave the angled end intact. Connect the angled end to the dishwasher. Connect the angled end of the drain hose onto the dishwasher and the other end as deep in the drain as you can get it. Test the first cycle with a large bucket handy to make sure your drain flows adequately, else snake your drain. Check the connections in the back for leakage. Tighten again occasionally. Once you get this dialed in and tight and if you prerinse it is no maintenance.

SPT Countertop Dishwasher, Silver