5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!
Published on October 27, 2011 by Susan Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Fill your countertop with a dishwasher, not dirty dishes....
In a small apartment kitchen it seems the counters are forever full of dirty dishes. Give up about two feet of linear counter-top with this dishwasher and you can replace dirty dishes with a big white boxy appliance.

We are averaging, in a family of 2, about one and a half cycles a day. There are several problems with the d/w design.

- it really...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, October 27, 2011
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
This dishwasher is absolutely wonderful. Was easy to set up (except be sure to push the washer arm down into place - mine had come out in shipping despite being very well packaged, no biggie). I can't believe how many dishes fit and get washed so thoroughly in this little thing! It does a perfect job of washing dishes. The hose goes on & off the faucet with ease in 2 seconds using their supplied adaptor. Seems very sturdy and well made. My only complaint was that the instructions tell you to be sure to use dishwasher detergent "with chemicals". This is ridiculous - you can now purchase natural dishwasher detergent at most health food stores, and the one I am using works like a charm (Seventh Generation Automatic Dishwashing Detergent). My kitchen is tiny but this guy fits perfectly between counter and cupboard. I can't believe I waited so long to get a dishwasher, what a time saver!!!

Update after using it daily for over 3 years: Love it even more!!! I have never had a single problem with it. Completely dependable and does a great job cleaning my dishes. Still using the natural dishwasher detergent with excellent results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appliance Love Story, July 11, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
My dislike of doing dishes turned most of the counter space of my small Manhattan kitchen into physics-defying stacks of procrastination. This countertop dishwasher takes up about 60% of usable counter space in my apartment, a sacrifice I'm willing to make but for city dwellers, definitely measure it out.

This unit is perfect for one to two people. My loaner husband no longer lives next door to me so I was apprehensive about installing the faucet adaptor myself, turns out it was a cinch. I found a helpful video online which showed the tool I needed to get: [...]

Normally I don't read manuals, this one I read cover to cover. Some of the typos and wording are good for a laugh and its focus is on how to load a hypothetically uniform set of dishes no one actually owns. Fortunately, the Amazon community helped me fill in the blanks, I'm very grateful for their assistance. Here's what I learned from them and from using the machine:

1. Turn on your hot water all the way when you've got it set up and are ready to run it. The cold water will tax the motor.

2. If you're using Cascade Complete gel packs, those go in the detergent compartment on the door. There's a little basket on the left side that's for dishwashing tablets. The reason I like the Cascade Complete Gel Packs is it's got everything in it, including the rinse agent that keeps your glasses from streaking.

3. You don't have to stress out if you don't turn the faucet off immediately after the cycle is done. Water won't continue to run. I mean, I wouldn't go on vacation without turning off the faucet but you don't have to obsess that there's going to be some water pressure build-up that's going to shoot your shiny new countertop dishwasher into space if you're absorbed in another activity.

4. It doesn't dry plastic, but does dry my plates and pots. A few times I rinsed a couple of dishes again, they were super shiny so I was suspicious maybe the Cascade Gel Pack left some residue, so basically I ran them under water again because they looked too clean, starting to worry that I have trust issues.

5. The packaging is so sturdy, Wile E. Coyote could have dropped an anvil on it and it would have been fine. I've received mutilated deliveries from other companies with everything from footprints on top of the box to holes where the fork lift went through it. This can withstand whatever fury the delivery company dishes out.

6. The adaptor on your faucet takes getting used to. It produces a very strong stream of water so you only need to turn your faucet on a little to use it. I've already had a few accidental wet t-shirt contests but the good news is I won.

7. It's very quiet. Sometimes too quiet, I get paranoid it's not running but it is, it's just using its indoor voice. There's about a minute total where there's audible noise.

8. The hoses that connect from the unit to the faucet are annoyingly stiff. It's good to know that it's not going to spring a leak any time in the near future but I have to figure out some hook system to make them less obtrusive.

9. There's a plastic warning in the manual and one of my Tupperware lids didn't make it. It was probably eighteen years old so it lived a good life. I've washed plenty of other plastic items that made it out just fine.

10. Don't forget to turn the power on the dishwasher off before you unload it. If you don't, it makes this annoying beeping sound that the manual describes as "mooing". I assure you, there are no barnyard sounds with this machine.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I would give it 4 and 3/4 stars because of the hose, amount of counter space it takes up and its not drying everything 100% completely. It's not perfect, but it's very close and what more could a girl ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars this little dishwasher COULD NOT BE BETTER, June 9, 2012
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
THIS UNIT COULD NOT IMPROVE, IT IS SO PERFECT. HAVE HAD CLOSE TO 9 OR 10 OTHER DISHWASHERS, ALL INSTALLED OR FULL STANDING PORTABLES, MANY TOP BRANDS. NONE OF THEM CLEANED ANY BETTER THAN THIS ONE. Yes, it does not hold as much, but I am now seventy and living alone and this is just plain perfect for me. I use the Cascade complete small pouches and just put in one and walk away knowing that I will not have any dried-on food after the dishwasher finishes its cycle. It has a wide selection of cycles to use for different purposes, have used most, all work fine. As I said, I am seventy years, completely set it up myself with no problems other than toggling it back and forth on stools to lift up to counter by myself. Once up there, could not be easier to set up.
Would highly recommended to anyone needing a small dishwasher, would be difficult to utilize in a family situation. Would probably need to run 2/3 times per day if more than 3/4 in family. What really surprises me is how quiet the unit is when running. do hear the water exiting the hoses but you have that with any. Forgot to add, the packing of this unit is unbelievable. Would have taken a Mac Truck to damage it. To those that claim they have difficulty loading this, I recommend reading the manual front to back, unlike a lot of manuals, this one is helpful. As with most new things, there is a learning curve. But the time put into learning, pays off with great rewards.
AUGUST 11, 2012. Have now had this lovely machine a good two months, running every day.
Still performing perfectly. Could not ask for better help in the kitchen, except now if I could only get it to clean out the leftovers from the refrigerator...

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Find, February 3, 2012
C. Ayoub (South Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
I have been browsing portable dishwashers for quite some time and debating whether or not it would be worth the investment. Thankfully I trusted the reviews here and gave this countertop dishwasher a try. It was definitely worth every penny. The heavy duty wash takes quite a while, but my dishes come out sparkling. I wanted to put the dishwasher to the test so I put a small beat-up pot of mine in it. The dishwasher did such a good job with my pot that it took off most of the scorching on the bottom. I had a full size dishwasher awhile back that couldn't do that.

I'm taking off one star because the heavy duty wash setting has quite a few cycles, and it seems to sit for a long time between those cycles.

Special note for those with bad backs / prone to muscle pain: Get help to lift and setup this item! It is large enough to be cumbersome, and heavy enough to cause some strains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Life!, February 8, 2012
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
After 5 years of living in my city studio apartment, I'm thrilled to not be doing my dishes anymore! The machine works well, it's amazingly quiet, and it's only about the size of a large microwave. It was packaged and shipped incredibly well. I even figured out a way to tie it in to the water feed under the sink instead of using the faucet adapter. I can't say enough how impressed and pleased I am. BUY IT!!!

UPDATE AFTER ONE YEAR
I've had this unit for one year now. I run it 3-4 times per week. I still LOVE IT. I'm still shocked how my glassware comes out SPOTLESS and my dishes are shining. I can't believe I washed dishes by hand for all those years. It's still the best $230 I've ever spent. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!

UPDATE AFTER TWO YEARS
Still working perfectly. It's amazing to live without dishes in the sink! Spotless glasses and dinnerware. Amazing. BUY IT.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fill your countertop with a dishwasher, not dirty dishes...., January 18, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)

- it really does NOT handle dinner plates that are larger than 10 inches without slanting them into the racks, and this cuts down a lot on the space available for dishes. While the shorter height allows the d/w to sit under the upper cabinets, this compromise means that normal dinner plates (and forget about modern large plates or serving pieces) just are not a good match for this sized d/w.

- the strange permutations of the racks has very shallow tines for plates (if your plates have a deep "bowl" they won't stack neatly), low clearances for glasses and some widely spaced racking that lets a lot of normal dishes slip between support racks. If you stack the dinner plates where they suggest, there's less room for bowls, glasses and mugs. If you put your glasses and mugs towards the front to accomodate the dinner plates, they slip between the support racks. Unless you use cups and saucers, the folding upper rack meant for your coffee mugs is too short. Stacking chaos is the order of the day until you realize you just won't fit in a 6 piece setting unless everything is miniaturized.

- the cutlery box has a lid on it with holes for supporting cutlery. But the lid is either on, or off, not one half up and the other down. Since half of it has holes obviously meant for chopsticks and not north american cutlery, the lid has to come off and your cutlery leans into each other.

This sort of design drives you nuts and means, ultimately, that you will probably run it a few times a day if you want all your dishes washed in the machine. The run-time is 80 minutes for a cycle. On the up side, being a small dishwasher that won't hold 6 sets of dishes unless you are a Liliputian, it's a quick unload and load up, and keeps your dishes off your counter.

It is not too loud, the set-up is easy and fast, the connections done with a small wrench to tighten the faucet adapter, and the dishes, if stacked correctly, come out clean. Make sure to use rinse-aid and the recommended amount of d/w detergent or soap (I use a green product and with the recommended measurement have no problem with dishes being clean).

Bottom line; it's maybe better than washing dishes, but it does not provide all the convenience of a full size dishwasher in a smaller size. It provides about 35% of the convenience of a full size dishwasher, and my 3 stars reflects this limitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars You cannot do better for the price, and you can hook it up permanently, July 30, 2013
H. D. (PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
You cant beat it for the price. Period. I have had dishwashers all over the place - I've used Bosch, Whirlpool, no-names, whatever - used it, been there, done that.
It is extremely difficult to find a dishwasher sub $300 that does a good job. Its just the truth. The cheap, lower end built-ins usually are sub-par and break down after about a year.

- Stainless steel interior. One reason why I chose this was because you cannot argue with stainless steel, which will never absorb anything quite like plastic.
- Price point below $300 - you cannot do better with this price.
- Small kitchen footprint and small electrical cost and even smaller water usage - barely uses or needs any water because it is a smaller unit. For 1-2 people, this dishwasher is perfect.
- you can load an amazing amount of dishes in. such a small dishwasher. I also mixed up the locations of the dishes and was still pleased with.how they turned out.

You can also hook this unit up permanently which I did - the intake hose opening is standard dishwasher and luckily I had 3/8 OD on my pipes so just a 3/8OD T and 5 ft tube (I replaced with metal for hot water) and then put the out under my sink after cutting some PVC - about $35 all said and done, and I don't have to hook or unhook it anymore.

So I tested the unit - unscrubbed dishes, no prewashing: dishes coated in alfredo sauce, dishes coated in chili oil - and on the 'many dishes' (heavy?) setting they got them all perfectly clean.

Slight problems that others have noted:
the drying cycle takes forever. I just open it up, and they dry spotless. No problems here.
The dishwashing cycle takes about 2 hours. Whatever, at least I'm not washing them?

Will update the review if there is interest in a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little Dishwasher!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
I'm a single, 23 yr old bachelor living in an apartment that is otherwise perfect save for its lack of dishwasher. I don't know if I'm just bad at washing dishes, but I seem to have a habit of letting them pile up and then taking 2+ hours to wash all of them - only to go back later to get "clean" dishes and take them out of my cupboards dirty.

So I finally got sick of it and decided to purchase a countertop dishwasher. I immediately came to this model, as it is the highest/most rated set on Amazon, and was put off immediately by the wealth of reports of holes being machined into the bottom of the set clear through to the washing compartment, some reviews stating large plates wouldn't fit, etc. I spent a lot of time deliberating on it but finally decided "Screw it, I'm going for it."

First, I'd like to say I love Amazon (Or UPS, I suppose?) for consistently finding my apartment and dropping off whatever I purchase directly at my doorstep. I live behind a traditional home a ways back from the street, and there's a rather narrow set of stairs leading up to my place, but I've never once had anything purchased delivered anywhere than up my stairs directly at my doorstep. I was rather surprised with this set because it comes in a box in another, larger box, and it was rather heavy and unwieldy. But they did it!

I unpacked it, immediately examined the underside for those machined holes - and there were none! I am assuming that a small shipment that went out had problems, because the more recent reviews seem to not have this issue.

My plates were a touch big - which I expected, the review that stated 10" for plates, I think it was, was correct. My plates are quite a bit over at nearly 11", so I can only put two, maybe three of my large plates in at an angle. Granted you're not supposed to do this, considering the spray arm is on the bottom and sprays directly upward, but I've not had a problem with it cleaning properly. Additionally one review I read said something about the device "clearly being designed for chopsticks" - I couldn't disagree more. I have no idea why the reviewer said that because all of my utensils fit fine, once you take the cover off the utensil caddy.

Cleaning quality is fantastic. I put in two loads of well soiled, unrinsed dishes, and they came out surprisingly clean. Now, hygiene and maturity aside, I have been letting these dishes pile up for the last two weeks through a combination of not wanting to clean them and waiting for my dishwasher to arrive, so they were in a really gross state, with lots of caked on dried gunk. There was a little bit of residue on a couple of glasses, and the underside of a dish or two, after doing a pots and pans load, but considering the state of the dishes when I put them in (and considering that normal people will rinse dishes beforehand, and not let them cake up and dried for two weeks before washing them), I couldn't imagine anyone having trouble with this set cleaning their dishes.

Finally, the adapter set worked perfectly. The set up was simple - just screw on a couple of tubes by hand to the back of the set, unscrew the head of the faucet, and screw the adapter on, turn your water on hot, and done! If you're someone who doesn't read the manuals, the tubing becomes pressurized during a run, so if you go to remove the adapter, turn the water off, press the red button to depressurize it BEFORE removing it, otherwise you'll get a spray of hot water everywhere.

All in all a FANTASTIC purchase. I've never been so excited for something so... domestic. But I'm looking forward to never having to handwash another damn dish again. 5/5 on all counts.

I also want to add that the set is very quiet. I was able to sleep with it just a hallway away, couldn't hear it at all.

EDIT2:
I'm here responding to comments on my review and thought it'd be nice to check in. It's been 6 months and this set is still doing a great job of cleaning, even with heavily soiled glasswares. I've put some dirty casserole dishes and they've come out pretty good - I'd still recommend thorough rinsing beforehand, though, just as good practice. The use of Jet Dry or some other liquid rinse boost really makes a difference in these smaller sets too.

Thing is holding up great tucked under a cabinet and I only connect it when I need to do a set of dishes. Following other user advice to keep it open when not in use to let it dry out is, indeed, keeping it from smelling funny. It smells just like it did out of the box, because I've made sure to let it dry out and not collect food particles.

It's also worth mentioning there is a trap in the basin that you can unscrew and pull out and rinse in the sink. It catches things like paper labels that slip off or big chunks of food that weren't powered away with the cleaning cycles.

Still one of the best purchases I've made.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPT Countertop Dishwasher Model: SD-2201W, October 10, 2011
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
I have had this dishwasher only a week. I am using in it from Walmart - The Great Value Dishwasher Powder and The Great Value Rinse Agent.

This dishwasher appears to be very well made but, as I said I have only had it a week and time will tell how durable it really is.

As for cleaning a large load of dishes this dishwasher does an outstanding job! Does it hold up to six place settings? Everybody's dishes are different and it holds about four and then some for me. For those of you who are wondering if this washer drains the water by gravity or it is pumped out I believe it is pumped out but, I could not find any documentation on this. Very easy to hookup to you kitchen faucet. Does a great job drying the dishes.

Update 10/26/2011: Dishwasher performs perfectly! Here are some additional thoughts - It says it in the directions that come with the dishwasher but make sure you add your dishwasher powder just before you start the wash not 2 hours earlier or it will harden.

Update: 10/2/2013 Still works as great as the day I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the Reviews!, February 23, 2012
This review is from: SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White (Misc.)
I gotta say I was pretty skeptical when I started researching this countertop dishwasher. However, after reading the reviews on it, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! Very easy to set up, was out of the box, and set up in less than 20 minutes. Holds a surprisingly large amount of dishes, glasses, flatware etc. Washes just as well if not better than any dishwasher I've used. Runs very quietly. I'm using Cascade Complete packs, fully dissolves with no issues on the "normal" setting. I will agree that 80 minutes on the "normal" setting seems a little long I don't think it's excessive though. Overall, I'm very pleased with the purchase. Will update this review as time goes on.

SPT Countertop Dishwasher, White