5.0 out of 5 stars SPT SD-52PE Energy-Star Dehumidifier
We purchased this for our basement. We have always run a dehumidifier for the seven years we have been here. The last one bit the dust, so after reading many reviews we purchased the SPT-52PE. I was very pleasantly surprised that it pulls in twice as much water as my last one. We haven't used the pump to remove water. We tote it to where ever we need.

You may...
Published 12 months ago by Clifton E Garner

1.0 out of 5 stars Shop for something else! Not as advertised.
Published 6 months ago by Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars SPT SD-52PE Energy-Star Dehumidifier, December 14, 2013
This review is from: SPT SD-52PE Energy-Star Dehumidifier with Built-In Pump, 50-Pint (Misc.)

You may think your basement is dry, but in my experience there is more moisture than you realize. My friends some times ask what that machine is for. After explanation several have purchased one and the feedback I receive is always "Wow, I didn't know."

Great for basements, garages, and many other areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shop for something else! Not as advertised., June 26, 2014
My wife and I needed a dehumidifier for our basement, and this being our first house, I researched different models and decided on the SPT SD-52PE because it had a pump (our basement doesn't have a floor drain) and was reasonably priced. However, once it arrived I had an immediate unhappy feeling because upon opening the box it came in, I discovered it had been shipped upside down with the wheels pointing upwards. Then when I followed the directions and set it up to have the unit pump water upwards toward a drain, it leaked all over our basement floor. I cleaned the floor and re-read the directions and knew I had the unit set up to pump correctly; however, upon trying it a second time, it leaked water on our floor again. Then when I called Sunpentown, the guy with whom I spoke had no clue what might be the problem. He also said the unit--even though listed on Amazon as pumping water upwards to sixteen feet--would actually only pump upwards about eight feet (I was shooting for six and a half feet). Why would you list the unit as pumping sixteen feet when it only pumps eight? I didn't bother to find out and politely said good-bye and hung up the phone. When I re-read the directions a third time, I then noticed the fine print said the unit only pumped water "horizontally" or on a downward slope . . . even though it's listed on several sites (including SPT's own site) as being able to pump water upwards. To make a long story short: I returned the unit, spent about a $100 more on a Kenmore unit, and have had no issues whatsoever with it. I may have gotten a lemon with the SPT unit, but I would still recommend buying another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money. Look elsewhere for a dehumidifier!, October 7, 2014
This unit worked great for about three months. Just long enough for it to be outside of Amazon's return window. An EC error code that is continuously displayed indicates a coolant system issue. While the unit is still under warranty, the manufacturer wants to charge us $30 to have it shipped back to them for repair. Unbelievable. So I can take my chances and pay $30 MORE for a unit already displaying problems or just eat the $200+ investment and look for another (and hopefully more reliable) brand. I opted for option 2. I bought a second dehumidifier made by a different manufacturer for our vacation home that has been problem free and decided to buy another one to replace this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're using this in a 2, 000sf basement with ..., July 15, 2014
We're using this in a 2,000sf basement with no HVAC and it maintains between 40 and 48 percent humidity in Atlanta.

5.0 out of 5 stars This SPT SD-52PE is wonderful and it works so well that it surpassed our ..., September 10, 2014
We were very skeptical on how well the thin pump hose would work given that the 16 foot distance it covers was close to the end of our sink where it empties into. Here is how it works: The tank has to get full of water before it even thinks of activating the pump, the unit puts out a lot of hot air even with more than ample space around it, it is in a large crawl space and it is very quiet and efficient. This SPT SD-52PE is wonderful and it works so well that it surpassed our expectations.

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living in an RV, October 30, 2013
We needed something to keep the moisture level down in th RV during the winter, because we are living in it. It is small enough and does a good job. Haven't got the first electric bill yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars My best guess is the unit leaked (lost} all the freon, October 28, 2014
I purchased this in May 2014, In September it quit working. The compressor overheats and shuts unit down before it even starts dehumidifying. My best guess is the unit leaked (lost} all the freon. The coil never gets cold and the compressor get very hot. Wasted money. Should have know better than to buy Chi-com product, but can't find any American made. I order a different product, Delonghi, It's Italian. Wish me luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product!, July 1, 2014
I am pleased by the efficiency and the silence of this dehumidifier.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little, September 2, 2014
I have had mine running for 3 months now - it is quieter than I thought it would be. I have he drain hose in a sink so I never have to empty a bucket - even went away and left it for 2 weeks - no problems when I came back. A great little humidifer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 2, 2014
Works great and very quiet. Very well made, plus it can drain 3 ways: by reservoir, by gravity or through the pump.