Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "SPT SF-608R Portable Evaporative Air Cooler" and save 47% off the $139.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $21.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
SPT SF-608R Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
|Price:||$113.35 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$26.64 (19%)|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Evaporative air cooler, humidifier, and fan for cooling and humidifying
- Uses water to cool the air; oscillating louvers for even distribution
- 10-liter water tank; 3 air speeds; sleep mode; 1/2- to 7-1/2-hour timer
- Air flow of 23 feet per second; nylon and photocatalystic filter; remote control
- Measures 12 by 16 by 25 inches; 1-year warranty
- Please refer User Manual and Instruction Manual under the product description.
- Works best in very hot and dry climates, where humidity levels are <40%. Does not provide the same cooling as an A/C unit.They are only meant to work in certain climates, specifically very dry and hot climates. They make the room humid unless the customer has an open door or window to release the humidity.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
SPT SF-608R/SF-609 Evaporative Air Cooler
Versatile, lightweight and economical
The evaporative Cooler easily rolls from room to room for use anywhere in your house or office. This Air Cooler shoots a stream of air with oscillating louvers, to evenly distribute refreshing cool air. The remote control allows you to easily change settings.
Best used in dry climates or open spaces (Works by endothermic reaction)
This evaporative Air Cooler sucks air through a wick saturated with water. As the air flows through the wick, some of the water evaporates into the air, consuming the heat that was in the air. An air stream is then blown out the front of the unit and is considerably cooler than the current room temperature! This is not an air conditioner and therefore uses much less energy.
No compressor inside (not an air conditioner)
This unit is not an air conditioner and does not have a compressor inside - air coolers will not lower a room's ambient temperature. Air coolers are designed for spot cooling. This unit is best used in dry climates or open spaces. Leave window/door open to limit the rise of humidity and for better air ventilation in the room. Add as much ice as possible and set unit next to you for best effect.
- With remote control
- 10L water tank capacity
- Washable dust filter
- Three air speeds: H / M / L
- Sleep mode
- Natural mode (SF-608R Only)
- Timer: from 0.5 ~ 7.5 hours setting.
- Ionizer to purify air (SF-609 only)
|Water Tank Capacity||10L||10L||7L||7L||5L|
|Auto Swing Louvers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Timer||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||0.5 ~ 7.5 hours||1 ~ 12 hours|
|Air Volume (CFM)||Up to 476||Up to 476||Up to 282||Up to 264||Up to 428|
Top Customer Reviews
I'm in southern California, where the humidity varies pretty widely. I place the cooler six or eight feet from my chair, and on the hottest days I'm quite comfortable.
* it's about 1/5 the cost of an air conditioner
* operating expense is a fraction of the cost of air conditioning
* neat features! (timer, sleep function, etc.)
* remote control
* it's not freezing cold like air conditioning.
It's been in the high 90s to the low 100's here in the San Fernando Valley in CA with low humidity and it's kept whatever room it is in cool enough to not have to turn on the AC.
It's no air conditioner, but it's a low in cost [to purchase and to run]alternative you could even say was an "eco-friendly" way to stay comfortable in the summer. But then, my friends had to talk me out of buying a wringer washing machine, so my opinion is based on my personal preference for simplicity and old fashioned ways of doing things.
Take my review as you will. It does what it says it will. If you have frequent high humidity, it won't be effective and the company tells you that so be forewarned. I find it to be a great buy and it runs quietly as well.
I live in Colorado. The humidity has ranged from 30 to 88%, the temperature 84-93 degrees. I filled the unit with 2 gallons of cold water from the frig and 2 trays of ice cubes. It absolutely blew cool air, even after the ice melted and the water reached room temperature it still blew cool air. Don't bother checking a thermometer it DOES NOT cool an entire room, no matter how small, it cools the AREA you point it at.
If you sit at the computer or any other stationary position, place the unit within 7 feet, and point it in your direction you will be cooled.
As for the humidity, this is a problem only in a room with no air circulation.
I pointed the unit at my bed and was quite comfortable, even chilly. However, in this room I have only a small table fan and the windows are closed, so within 45 minutes I was suffocating from the humid air.
In the living room where I have 2 ceiling fans and 2 box fans-one in front of the half opened door, either turned to blow air in or flipped to pull air out- I have had NO issues with humidity, even at 88%.
It beeps to let you know when the water level is low. It is easy to put handfuls of ice cubes in the tank but I found it really wasnt necessary. Pouring in the water is easy as well, but if you dont hold the little door open it will sometimes close leaving you pouring water onto your floor! I havent had to clean it yet, but the filter is easily accessible. It's no louder than a box fan and wheels around smoothly. I wish the unit were a bit taller and the blower area a bit larger but these are my only negatives.Read more ›
We have a thermometer and hydrometer in the primary room we use it in. The room is about 400 sq ft. and we run it for hours. For coolness, it only gives us a 1-degree temp difference; sometimes 2-degrees with ice cold water, and ice cubes in both the main water chamber and top of unit.
The big difference we notice is with the humidity. We run about 20% humidity in the room normally. With this unit, it increases to 35-40% humidity. This helps with the dryness and with our allergies/asthma.
Overall, we use it more as a humidifier, but it does help us to increase the thermostat a few degrees at night when we run it in the bedroom, which saves a little on energy costs.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So, you need like ice for this thing, otherwise it's just a giant fan. What it really is is a giant fan that you can put ice in the bottom of so that it can blow out the cool air... Read morePublished 1 month ago by SylviaSarah
I have an older model which has 525 cfm which really blows air this model is very weak i would not buy it againPublished 2 months ago by cafe
Not very effective. Machine is well made but is really just a big bulky fan. It seems it would only have a significant cooling effect in a very low humidity high heat situation... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Works ok with a lot of ice, really cold water and not too big of a room.Published 2 months ago by V.E.M.