‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than standard leather dip belts, August 10, 2013
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
I needed a dip belt since I started lifting at home. I'm sooo glad I spent a couple extra bucks to ensure I got a long and strong enough chain that wouldn't bust with more than a plate or two. I've chinned with up to 135 and dipped with 155. I've attached a pic attempting to hang 4 plates off, and fortunately there still is enough "clearance." There are clips on both sides, and the chain links are big enough that you can move the carabiner up/down the chain if you prefer the weight closer to you to avoid swinging (also pictured).

This is also much more comfortable than even the broken in leather belts I've tried.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love high quality products..., July 26, 2013
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
Having been to many gyms and used many weight belts , I have to say this has been a great product for the two months I've owned it. It's definitely the best made weight belt I've used.

Build quality is great. It feels heavy duty the minute you take it out of the package. The chain is thick and very durable- trust me. I have done dips and pull ups with at least 135 lbs strapped to it and didnt blink an eye when it came to worrying about anything tearing or breaking. The chain is long enough to strap securely and comfortably even with multiple plates.

Comfort-wise , it can get a bit heavy and tight in the hip area with heavier weights although at that point someone with those strength levels won't mind too much. With lighter loads it feels comfortable and snug - important for peace of mind.

All in all I highly recommend this product if you're an avid strength builder looking to make dips and pull ups , etc more challenging. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because yellow was the only color it came in...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality and does not pinch me around the waist., February 27, 2013
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
Even though I've been hitting the gym for over twenty years, I can't say that I have a ton of experience with different types of dip belts. But I have used about three or four different ones provided at fitness clubs and I have to say that this one is the best I've used. The ones I've used in the past (provided at health clubs) have all had "70lb MAX!" which is obviously not acceptable for those of us who require more weight. My guess is the smaller, lighter chains would probably fail at some point. Thus, possibly resulting in serious injury.

The Spud Dip Belt with Chain has the thickest and heaviest chain I've ever seen/used. You can tell right off the bat that this dipping belt is made very well and can handle some heavy duty lifting. It also has a looser flexibility overall from the chain to the actual yellow webbing. Most other dipping belts I've used are super stiff and even the chains on them seem to sort of kink up and are annoying to work with. The clips on the Spud Dip Belt are a bit on the larger side than what I've dealt with in the past which, in my opinion, makes them easier to open. At first I thought they weren't going to fit inside the center hole of Olympic style plates but thankfully I was wrong. They fit and work very well.

The yellow webbing is soft around your waist and doesn't pinch you like some of the stiffer belts made of leather or synthetic materials. At this point I only use it for adding seventy pounds (to my 225lb frame) for dips and pull ups. However, I am confident I can go up in weight without a problem.

Since the chain is a bit on the longer side I found myself having to control the swaying that resulted from momentum accrued while doing dips. But this wasn't a huge problem as I was able to bring my knees together and help stabilize the plates from moving back and forth. Obviously this won't be a problem if you load four 45lb plates (which is the 180lb max for this belt) which shortens up the chain while in use.

Overall, I can't find anything negative to say about Spud Dipping Belt. The fluorescent yellow color, albeit hideously obnoxious, is probably a good choice to prevent people and their "sticky fingers" from walking away with it. From reviews that I've read left by other reviewers for other dipping belts in the $25 range (and the complaints/dissatisfaction regarding chain failure/etc.) I figured it was a smart choice to invest in a bit more money for a quality product that will stand the test of time. Although my purchase is quite recent, I believe I found such a product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spud inc. dip belt, March 22, 2014
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
Just got the dip belt in the mail. I can honestly say it's the best I've ever used. The construction is strong and comfortable. I also have a deadlift belt from Spud Inc. that I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice belt, July 15, 2014
Aaron (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
Sturdy, fits well, and as comforable as can be expected. I use it for dips and chins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well made, June 16, 2014
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
This thing is indestructible. It feels like it was made out of tow straps designed to tow semi trucks. I don't imagine I'll have to replace this for a long, long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 10, 2014
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
a little expensive but works great. No pinching thank Whoever. I'm up to 35 pds on 8 pull ups. Love the strength I'm getting in my back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome weight belt, April 6, 2014
Justin Kaviany (WEST PALM BEACH, FL. U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
bought this to be able to do dips in my gym as they do not currently have one. Ive seen people bring there own belts but not yet to see one as heavy duty as this one.

*CAUTION* I did have a friends white shirt become stained yellow on our first use with this but im pretty sure he said it washed out. Probably the dye. Still no reason enough to subtract a star because this is still the heaviest duty weight belt I have yet to encounter

5.0 out of 5 stars dip belt, March 18, 2014
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
Heavy duty and good quality! Good for close and wide grip chins standing calf raises and donkey calf raises. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great construction, March 13, 2014
This review is from: SPUD INC Dip Belt Yellow - 1 Strap (Misc.)
High quality belt. Able to hold a large amount of weight (multiple plates or kettlebells) due to length and strength of chain. Comfortable material that does not cut into your back/hips.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›