Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "SSX - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 14% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SSX - Playstation 3
|Price:||$21.29 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth and each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- SSX introduces arevolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in theenvironment
- From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longerdistances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters include: Elise, Mac, Kaori, Psymon,Moby, Zoe, Griff, Ty, Tane and Alex.
- Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even theworld's greatest snowboarders cringe.
- Conquer the Planet's Mountains - From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- Advanced Physics - Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
SSX is a snowboarding game for Next-Gen game consoles that continues the over-the-top Arcade style fun that the long-running SSX franchise is famous for. The game features racing and trick gameplay both in single player and multiplayer options, with runs set across the mountains of the world using real-world NASA topographical data. Additional features include: new and returning franchise favorite characters, global events and the ability to race against ghost images representing a friend's time on a run, real-world conditions like avalanches, rockslides and freezing temperatures, and more.
Iconic Snowboard Racing Returns
A modern-day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of the last generation, SSX returns packing adrenaline and reality-defying gameplay into every moment. In this over-the-top snowboarding extravaganza players jump into the boots of your favorite SSX character -- including those featured in previous releases in the franchise -- and race, trick, and survive the world's most iconic mountain ranges. Based on real-world NASA topographical data, each mountain range delivers an experience true to the franchise's rich history, allowing you to defy reality and own the planet.
Along with racing and trick performance gameplay in which you pull off runs and sick jumps to build point multipliers and earn in-game currency, SSX includes the ability to explore the gameworld with minimal barriers as to where you can go. Additionally the game contains multiplayer options including the ability to compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game or to race against the posted times of friends in which ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Improve on these runs and earn in-game cash and if your ghost beats opponents reap additional benefits the next time you sign in.
Key Game Features
- Conquer the Planet - From the Alps to the Andes, the Himalayas to the Rockies, ride some of the most iconic mountains in the world. Developed using real-world NASA topographical data and SSX's own proprietary Mountain Man tool, every region delivers an exaggerated gameplay experience that is true to the rich history of the franchise.
- Race It - SSX goes way beyond your typical racing experience. With wide-open terrain, multiple elevations and starting points, and no invisible walls, it's up to your skills and imagination to discover the fastest line down the mountain.
- Trick It - Defy the laws of gravity by pulling off tricks that would make even the world's greatest snowboarders cringe. Nevermind a 1260° Double McTwist - in SSX, you're still a beginner if you still have both feet strapped to the board while spinning 200 feet in the air.
- Survive It - Escape avalanches, rock slides, freezing cold temperatures, and more as you take Mother Nature head-on in hope of surviving some of the most treacherous descents on earth.
- Explore - Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, post your highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops. Instead of a traditional leaderboard showing friends' times to beat, ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Challenge your friends' ghosts or let your ghost chalk up wins and losses as you dominate your way to the top of your friend leaderboards.
- Global Events - Compete at every drop point in the SSX universe. Compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game. An event can last for a single run, hours, or even days and can support up to 100,000 participants, with your friends and closest competitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move up or down the leaderboard even if you quit out and turn off your console.
- RiderNet - Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine that powered NFSHP, RiderNet will guide you through the incredible world of SSX by allowing you to 'like' your favorite drops, recommending new drops and friends, guiding you to where your friends are, or drops that their ghosts are dominating, and directing you to the biggest and best global events for your level.
- Legendary Characters and All-new Icons - Favorite fan-selected characters, including Elise, Kaori and Mac make their return, joining new faces on the slopes.
- Every Moment is a Rush - A revolutionary physics engine pushes the boundaries and defies the laws of reality, allowing you to ride and trick off anything, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Defy gravity in Trick play.
Chase the times of friends.
Race in global events.
Survive treacherous conditions.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
A brief history: SSX has evolved continuously over the years. While some feel the games weren't different enough, I think it's one of the few series that varied greatly over it's iterations. The only SSX to not add or change much was SSX On Tour. Thankfully that is not the case with the new SSX. Fun fact: when EA got rid of EA Sport Big, they decided to start making EA Sports Freestyle, a more casual focused company, and the head of that sub company specifically said they would not be making a new SSX. Thank goodness that didn't stay true!
What's new: a rail riding button, extra gear required for certain courses which changes gameplay and adds additional concerns to keep track of, a whole new button configuration option (which is the default), rewind, no punching, no grabs (where you grab an edge and stay), no reset button, no halfpipe, and no freeride mode. Accidentally going 'off course' has been replaced by chasms of death that you have to 'rewind' out of or die. Also, new to the game, is death. snowflake multipliers have been replaced by geotags and snowflakes that give either experience points or money. The game also feels incredibly fast. In a developer interview, he said outside SSX, the biggest influence was Burnout Paradise. It shows. The new grind button is almost optional, since you can still grind without it, but it's harder. You can no longer grind if you hit the rail at an odd angle, which I found a little less fun.Read more ›
EA has taken a more serious approach to this game. Originally the game was going to be called SSX Deadly Decents, and after negative consumer feedback with regards to the new serious direction taken in the revamped IP they decided to remove Deadly Decents from the title and just call it SSX. However, it doesn't appear that they made any attempt to alter the original game they programmed based on this consumer feedback. It is a shame because I feel like EA completely ignored the feedback from their fan base and said we are giving you the game we made whether you like it or not. So the game ends up feeling less like an SSX game and more like a survival snowboarding game. That aside, if you are new to the franchise you may not have the nostalgia associated with previous iterations of the game and find the snowboarding gameplay fun in its own right. They have tried to add a little bit of a story to the game through some comic book pages in between mountains, but it is superficial at best.
The basic premise of the game is that you are traveling around the globe to recruit members to your SSX team. Each member is specialized to handle one of the unique challenges each of the 9 mountain ranges presents.Read more ›
Multiplayer: Okay, normally I don't start off with this topic, however this seems to be the one that people have the most concern about, therefore I feel I must address this first. There are basically two different types of multiplayer modes essentially. The first type is when you play in "Explore" mode. Technically this is a single player type mode, however I'll give it the "multiplayer seal of approval" because basically in this mode, if you have a friend that has played a certain course, it will let you compete with a "ghost" of them. Kinda like how back in (for example) Mario Kart (for those of you that have played it) or just about any racing game (like Gran Turismo) for that matter in which you would do a "Time Trial" and try and race against a ghost of yourself to beat your time. Well in this case, you're competing against the saved ghost of a friend (whether by beating their time or a certain amount of points). The other type of multiplayer mode, is basically the same thing, except rather than being limited to just your friend's times/scores you are competing in "Global Events" against the vast majority of those who own/rent SSX (provided they have an "Online Pass." If you're wondering if this game has at-home splitscreen multiplayer capabilities...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has to be the best skiing game known to man. This SSX delivers non-stop action that kept me on edge every second that I played it. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by Jacob Lopiccolo
WHY IS THERE A SKIP LEVEL FEATURE!? THOSE ARE RUINING THE GAME INDUSTRY!Published 13 days ago by Benjamin Cohen
Good game. Very entertaining and suitable for a wide variety of ages.Published 4 months ago by 09jjt
This game is ok, but not what I expected. Unlike the original game and SSX Tricky you cannot play two player. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Molly
This is a single player game. You can play online but not with someone sitting next to you. The itself it's too bad. A lot of the tricks are overly complicated to perform.Published 11 months ago by Matthew