Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "SSX - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 29% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
SSX - Xbox 360
|Price:||$24.78 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth and each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- SSX introduces arevolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in theenvironment
- From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longerdistances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters include: Elise, Mac, Kaori, Psymon,Moby, Zoe, Griff, Ty, Tane and Alex.
- Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even theworld's greatest snowboarders cringe.
- Conquer the Planet's Mountains - From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges and regions on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX.
- Advanced Physics - Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Utilizing NASA topographical satellite data, we've mapped out a Massive World for players to explore. Using a Google-Earth inspired interface, navigate throughout nine expansive mountain ranges and regions, each with multiple peaks and multiple drops. SSX packs reality-defying gameplay into every run letting players Race, Trick, and Survive down huge open mountains. In addition, Explore, Global Events and RiderNet - SSX's recommendation engine - headline an online feature set that will revolutionize social competition for gamers, making it fun and easy to compete with friends on your schedule.
SSX is a snowboarding game for Next-Gen game consoles that continues the over-the-top Arcade style fun that the long-running SSX franchise is famous for. The game features racing and trick gameplay both in single player and multiplayer options, with runs set across the mountains of the world using real-world NASA topographical data. Additional features include: new and returning franchise favorite characters, global events and the ability to race against ghost images representing a friend's time on a run, real-world conditions like avalanches, rockslides and freezing temperatures, and more.
Iconic Snowboard Racing Returns
A modern-day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of the last generation, SSX returns packing adrenaline and reality-defying gameplay into every moment. In this over-the-top snowboarding extravaganza players jump into the boots of your favorite SSX character -- including those featured in previous releases in the franchise -- and race, trick, and survive the world's most iconic mountain ranges. Based on real-world NASA topographical data, each mountain range delivers an experience true to the franchise's rich history, allowing you to defy reality and own the planet.
Along with racing and trick performance gameplay in which you pull off runs and sick jumps to build point multipliers and earn in-game currency, SSX includes the ability to explore the gameworld with minimal barriers as to where you can go. Additionally the game contains multiplayer options including the ability to compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game or to race against the posted times of friends in which ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Improve on these runs and earn in-game cash and if your ghost beats opponents reap additional benefits the next time you sign in.
Key Game Features
- Conquer the Planet - From the Alps to the Andes, the Himalayas to the Rockies, ride some of the most iconic mountains in the world. Developed using real-world NASA topographical data and SSX's own proprietary Mountain Man tool, every region delivers an exaggerated gameplay experience that is true to the rich history of the franchise.
- Race It - SSX goes way beyond your typical racing experience. With wide-open terrain, multiple elevations and starting points, and no invisible walls, it's up to your skills and imagination to discover the fastest line down the mountain.
- Trick It - Defy the laws of gravity by pulling off tricks that would make even the world's greatest snowboarders cringe. Nevermind a 1260° Double McTwist - in SSX, you're still a beginner if you still have both feet strapped to the board while spinning 200 feet in the air.
- Survive It - Escape avalanches, rock slides, freezing cold temperatures, and more as you take Mother Nature head-on in hope of surviving some of the most treacherous descents on earth.
- Explore - Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, post your highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops. Instead of a traditional leaderboard showing friends' times to beat, ghosts of your friends' runs are visible in your world showing you exactly how they performed. Challenge your friends' ghosts or let your ghost chalk up wins and losses as you dominate your way to the top of your friend leaderboards.
- Global Events - Compete at every drop point in the SSX universe. Compete in live events against real people in real-time on every drop in the game. An event can last for a single run, hours, or even days and can support up to 100,000 participants, with your friends and closest competitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move up or down the leaderboard even if you quit out and turn off your console.
- RiderNet - Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine that powered NFSHP, RiderNet will guide you through the incredible world of SSX by allowing you to 'like' your favorite drops, recommending new drops and friends, guiding you to where your friends are, or drops that their ghosts are dominating, and directing you to the biggest and best global events for your level.
- Legendary Characters and All-new Icons - Favorite fan-selected characters, including Elise, Kaori and Mac make their return, joining new faces on the slopes.
- Every Moment is a Rush - A revolutionary physics engine pushes the boundaries and defies the laws of reality, allowing you to ride and trick off anything, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
Defy gravity in Trick play.
Chase the times of friends.
Race in global events.
Survive treacherous conditions.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
EA has taken a more serious approach to this game. Originally the game was going to be called SSX Deadly Decents, and after negative consumer feedback with regards to the new serious direction taken in the revamped IP they decided to remove Deadly Decents from the title and just call it SSX. However, it doesn't appear that they made any attempt to alter the original game they programmed based on this consumer feedback. It is a shame because I feel like EA completely ignored the feedback from their fan base and said we are giving you the game we made whether you like it or not. So the game ends up feeling less like an SSX game and more like a survival snowboarding game. That aside, if you are new to the franchise you may not have the nostalgia associated with previous iterations of the game and find the snowboarding gameplay fun in its own right. They have tried to add a little bit of a story to the game through some comic book pages in between mountains, but it is superficial at best.
The basic premise of the game is that you are traveling around the globe to recruit members to your SSX team. Each member is specialized to handle one of the unique challenges each of the 9 mountain ranges presents.Read more ›
-RiderNet is a godsend, even if it has already been done before
-Great soundtrack as usual
-Spectacular tricks and combo based gameplay
-Control schemes are well implemented, even offering a "classic" control scheme
-The spirit of the characters seems to have been lost from previous installments
-Campaign mode isn't really engaging
-Some mountains are a little TOO treacherous resulting in what feels like repeated cheap deaths
If you generally get a kick out of targeting your buddies best scores in any leaderboard based games or you lose sleep when someone has knocked you off of your high score perch and taking them down becomes the order of the day, then you will absolutely adore SSX.
The RiderNet setup is the absolute draw here, make no bones about it. I cannot praise this new feature enough. I've never played "Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit" but it's my understanding that the Autolog setup in that game works just like the RiderNet system does in SSX, by providing you with real time updates on who's doing what in the SSX world. In short, RiderNet makes this game feel alive. I guarantee that SSX will help create plenty of intense rivalries for those who immerse themselves deep enough in the game, thanks to RiderNet's absolutely awesome interface. I'm aware that I'm gushing maybe a little too rabidly about it but believe me, the recently released demo barely skims the surface of what RiderNet entails. There are a lot of races and trick runs to get to the top of here and RiderNet does a phenomenal job of keeping you up to speed in regards to not only how you're holding up but also how your friends are faring on those very same courses.Read more ›
Gone is the co-op. If you want to "compete" against friends, they need their own copy of the game, game console, and internet connection. There's no racing each other, just the illusion of co-op, and definitely none of the shared couch kind which is what makes these competitive games so much fun. Customization? You can buy different boards, which are not all that different really. Forget about cutesy backpacks and other cool accessories. The suits are all the same patterns too, although you can buy color swap versions, and some that have a slight glow effect.... big deal.
The courses are patterned after various scans of real mountains around the world. This adds realism but takes away the fun. There's plenty of places where you can literally just fall to your dooming death, and sometimes are forced into it if you don't have prior knowledge of a run. There is a rewind option but it's useless as it only rewinds you (everyone else keeps going forward, making you hopelessly behind in a race) or else detracts from your score (which is harmful when you are tricking).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product, no complaints about this particular item. Highly recommended for anyone looking to purchase something like this. Would definitely purchase this again if I needed to. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Connor Napier
Not quite what I had expected. Did not feel as awesome as the other SSX's, and there were too many cutscenes and dramaPublished 1 month ago by Girl Scout
My 11 year old loves this. Christmas gift and he wanted some games. Hard to find non-violent, fun games out there. This was a winner.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Why do I hate it its because ssx tricky and all other ssx games had free roam,courses were awesome,tutorials,and not as boring but this game is 0/0Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Not as good as the original Xbox version, no competitive game play unless onlinePublished 3 months ago by SFly
As in I can't believe I was tricked into thinking this would actually be anything like the old games. I played more SSX3 then is probably healthy as a young teen. Read morePublished 4 months ago by tabo
So much fun! A great game for the whole family to enjoy. I only wish it had a split screen/2-player option. But you can play online. I love it!Published 5 months ago by Kerrick Liev