Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on October 22, 2009
If all you want is to learn some stretching exercises and you're willing to do the routine on your own, then this video is for you (although there are books that cover many more exercises). If you're looking for a DVD to pop in and follow along with, then pass on this one.

------
Stacey is an attractive woman with some exceptional skills but this DVD is not what I'd hoped for. The individual stretches are sound but this is more of a how-to-guide than an actual exercise video. She flies through the different stretches without any inclination of how long they should be held. In short I wouldn't call this an exercise video since following along is practically impossible without pausing the DVD all the time. I prefer DVDs over books because it helps keep me in the routine.

The following comments have nothing to do with the stretches in the DVD, but I'm providing it in case these issues may be important to you:
The overall production value is really low. It's basically shot on a consumer level camera (albeit with decent sound) in a living room. The transitions from one stretch to the next are distracting. It's a consistent fade-through-black transition set up, which only helps because you'll need to pause the video quite often. I only bring this up because the DVD is priced pretty high for an exercise DVD. If this were half the price like other DVDs (that usually have better production value) I wouldn't even mention it.
Stacey also has beautiful hair, but she should have put it up in a bun, or a pony tail at the least. It often blanketed her body and this issue coupled with some poor camera angles made for some guess work as to proper positioning and such. Imagine a wig draped over a pretzel. To note she has a million dollar smile and freakishly thin waistline (I know, that part is absolutely useless but I had to point it out ;)

----
This last part is for the producers and Stacey herself (hoping she reads these reviews):
It's a super long shot but I wish you would redo this video. I'd buy it because it's a great routine that's very close to being exactly what inflexible people are looking for. Involve three other people (beginner to advanced), and complete the video continuously as an actual routine. This would give you the opportunity to walk around to the different people pointing out proper form, counting out time, and such. It's the coaching element that I think is missing. I hope you can understand how important this is for people who are so much less flexible and want a DVD to follow along with.
55 comments|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2009
After reading all of the reviews on this video, I bought it and couldn't wait to get it. It was nothing like I was expecting. I expected some sort of routine with longer stretches,(something similar to the Tamilee Total Stretch video but a little more difficult) not just quick demonstrations. I am not extremely flexible at all and really wanted something to help me out. I hate the fact that I have to pause after every single part of the demonstration to do the stretch longer on my own. I'm very disappointed.
on January 4, 2012
I am not really a review writer, but I was compelled to for this video. I have been trying to get down in my splits for around two years. As an adult recreational ballet dancer, flexibility is really important to me. Unfortunately, sciatic pain and tight hamstrings and hips were always preventing me from achieving full splits. I tried everything I could think of, from stretching a lot before and after classes, to buying odd contraptions, and just plain trying to force it through the pain. Finally, as a last resort, I caved and bought this video after reading the good reviews. And to this very moment I am in amazement. I got my splits in days, literally DAYS after I started using the video daily. Given, I don't think I was enormously far from them beforehand, I would say that I was maybe around four inches off the ground before. But I had been four inches away since last year, and I was just plain frustrated by the lack of progress. This video has changed all of that. Now I just slide into the splits for fun, just because I'm so excited that I can! I'm definitely going to keep using this video, who knows maybe I can get as flexible as Stacey herself!
on December 29, 2009
First, a little background of me and why I purchased this video. I used to be competitive martial artist, and then a b-boy, I let my training slip when life got in the way, it has been about 5 years since my peak fitness level. I have finally had the chance and motivation to get back to the gym but wanted a guide to help my lack of flexibility, and also to learn some new stretches.

This DVD by Stacey Nemour was EXACTLY what I hoped for, and pretty much what it is advertised for. Her guide to splits and becoming more flexible. I have found some great techniques she teaches and following the stretches in the sequence she teaches has been awesome. It has helped my lower back and hips with getting rid of discomfort. It has gotten me more flexible and I love.

She is fast showing each technique, but she does state to not just do it once. I don't know why there are bad reviews on here saying it isn't a work out. It is to teach techniques, it says NOTHING about being a workout video. If you are looking for a work out DVD, learn how to read first, then shop on Amazon.

If you are looking for a video to teach you techniques for gaining flexibility, I would highly recommend this video. It has taught me alot of cool ways to get the most out of stretching.
on July 11, 2009
Stacey Nemour's "Secrets of Splits & Flexibility" is totally great! These exercises truly work! No matter what age you are and the sport(s) or physical activities you engage in, this DVD will help you perform and feel better. I've been struggling to improve the flexibility of my hamstrings: Stacey demonstrated some excellent stretches especially for hamstrings. And, by gully, they work like magic! So, if you are struggling in order to do front or side splits, this DVD will help you reach your goal(s) too. There's a lot of other videos out there on the market; however, this value-packed and information-loaded DVD will save you a lot of trouble, decision-making, money and training time, period. Thank you, Stacey Nemour!!
on July 16, 2009
The exercises presented on this DVD are really good. I practice Chinese martial arts for near ten years now but I was never able to reach the full split. I wasn't able either to find a set of exercises that work deeply all the key areas. This is it! And the best is that I feel really good after training it, which is an extra motivation to keep a regular practice. It has also taken the stiffness I felt in the knees and legs after my kung fu training (even with the flexibility exercises I was doing to avoid it), I believe it is also improving circulation in my legs. Very good indeed.
on July 26, 2009
I truly bought this DVD on a whim, not really knowing what to expect but I was ready to try anything to since I desperately needed to get my flexibility back for my dance classes. I'm very glad I got this DVD. Stacey, the beautiful and talented instructor, really works you! I stretched muscles I never knew even existed and did stretches I never even done before. What I personally like to do is hold the stretches a little longer than Stacey does for a bigger effect. Love this DVD, I've done it twice a day for the past 4 days and have seen results.
on March 9, 2011
I think this is a great flexibility DVD. You certainly can follow Stacey and do it as a workout, maybe pausing here and there to extend the stretches, but with 30+ stretches it takes a good half hour to even do it quickly.

The setting is fine, some reviewers seem to dislike it being in her house but it's still perfectly professional and nicely presented. The sound is good and you can clearly see what she's doing and understand what she's saying.

I think this was well worth the money and am already seeing a difference after just a few times using it. I agree with the reviewer that says once you've done it a few times the DVD itself becomes less important. I put some screen captures on one side and a list of the stretches on the other side of a laminated half-sheet; I just keep it tucked in my gym bag as a reminder and use it all the time.
on June 11, 2009
My lower body flexibility was horrible! I started using this video and it has already made a difference after just a few sessions. I still have a long way to go but if feels great to already notice a difference.
on November 4, 2009
I was greatly disappointed with the quality and length of the DVD. It really seemed amatuerish and just wasn't very informative.