5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soap
Published on June 14, 2012 by AceyJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea but not worth the expense
The entire idea behind this clever soap bar shape is to save the slivers of leftover soap from the previous bar and add it into the dish of a fresh bar...no more wasted soap.

Ok, but at over 4X the per bar cost of "regular" soap, I could throw away 3 bars every time I open a new one and still be saving money compared to buying the Stack soap.

So...
Published 22 months ago by tj2k

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soap, June 14, 2012
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
I supported Stack Soap from the Kickstarter mostly because slivers of soap tend to slip from my freakishly large hands at high speeds into inconvenient places like behind the toilet or straight into my face. Stack Soap solves this problem without the guilt of so many almost finished bars unceremoniously tossed into the trash. Aside from its main purpose of allowing you to make the most out of your soap, it also has a nice smell that doesn't hang around like an annoying relative and leaves even ragged hands like mine that have been exposed to cleaning chemicals, engine grease, garden dirt, and a cat that thinks fingers are chew toys soft and smooth. Hooray for Stack Soap!

2.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea but not worth the expense, November 19, 2012
tj2k (Issaquah, wa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)

So you're saving a small amount of soap...so what? If it costs 4X as much, I'd rather throw the slivers away.

It's a clever idea, and it really does work. If the price were comparable it's a slam dunk...but the high price just makes it impractical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounded Cool...Ended Up Amazing, June 18, 2012
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
My fiance and I funded this Kickstarter project because it sounded like a neat invention based on environmental concerns and the want for good soap, not just body wash. Upon receiving and opening our first box of Stack soap, it is clear there is no reason to go back to traditional soaps/body washes. The ingenious design and pleasing fragrance matched with the care and dedication of its creators to has proven to me this is the only soap I care to use. Thank you for this product, your dedication, and your passion. You will have my continued business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, good performance, October 17, 2012
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
First things first- the notch works. I've found it works best if you wait until the old sliver is just getting to the point of being hard to hold onto. Stick it to the new one and done.
I love that the soap is not tested on animals- that is a prerequisite for me. The lather is good and the scent of the unscented bar just smells like soap. There is a slight bit of residue that makes my skin feel squeaky which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. In the hot, humid summer the feeling didn't linger and now that it's winter I moisturize so again the squeaky feeling doesn't linger.
Overall an excellent idea with great execution. I plan to make this my default soap.

Update: After using this soap exclusively for a while, I am upgrading my review to 5 stars. I recently tried the Jasmine scent also- it's a very mild scent, not overpowering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, September 2, 2012
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
No more pieces of soap stuck to the bottom of the soap holder or the shower floor. I like the smell and it makes a nice lather too.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Kickstarter to kicka**, August 14, 2012
Jeremiah (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
I thought the concept was cool on Kickstarter, but the product surpassed my expectations. Delighted to see it now available as a "real" product on Amazon. Bars truly are never wasted, as they stick together perfectly. Soap lathers well and rinses easily. This has replaced Dove for Men for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant scent, awesome soap design, June 26, 2012
Melodie Li (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
My hubby and I supported this venture because we thought the idea was pretty clever. And we were not disappointed.

The scent of a product is a make-or-break point for me and while I liked the idea, I was a bit wary of what it would smell like. I was very pleasantly surprised when we received our shipment! While fragrance can be a pretty personal thing, I liked this initial fragrance because it reminds me of a light fresh green tea based scent. It's not overwhelming and personally I think it's a nice unisex scent. The scent doesn't linger long so if you like to layer on other fragrances (cologne, perfume, scented lotions), it won't interfere. Or if you're not a fragrance person, soon after your shower you're pretty much unscented but clean smelling.

Our water in the area is soft and the lather for this soap was pretty incredible. Not sure how that would translate in hard water areas. I had no issues rinsing it off and it left me feeling very clean yet moisturized.

We were able to test out its design function right away with our old soap bar - it fit like a glove and adhered right away - no slippage, no slivers of soap clogging the drain... I can't wait until we use up the bar and break open the next stack soap bar!

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this soap because it solves that tiny annoying problem we all have with soap., June 16, 2012
anton2g (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
I just got the soap a few days ago and am loving it. The actual soap smells nice but not overpowering, it is very light. It soaps up really well and washes off nice too. The packaging, I have to say, is slick. It looks really good in and out of the box.

Now to the important piece. The design of the soap lets you put your almost done previous bar into the new bar. I love the concept but I am having trouble figuring out when I will know the soap bar is small enough to fit into the next bar and not be too small. Still don't know how to solve this problem, BUT I don't think I have to. Even if the previous soap is tiny it can still be put into the new soap and because of the ridge it is able to stick to the new soap and not get dislodged when you wash your hands. Even tiny soaps can be added to make the new soap. I hope they come out with new scents because I would love to keep buying this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, bad soap., September 1, 2013
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
I've been using this stuff exclusively for about 6 months. At first, I loved it. The whole stacking thing is just a genius idea and I wish all soap manufacturers would do the same. Smells and lathers great. The problem is, it leaves a really scummy residue floating in the water.. kind of chunky looking. I don't think it dissolves well in the water. The past few months I have been breaking out on my face really bad. I thought it was just all the sweating from the Texas heat.. it turned out to be the soap. I switched back to Zest to see if I could rule out the soap as the cause. Sure enough, as soon as I switched my skin was perfectly clear again, and has been for the last month or two. Yeah I know, you're not *supposed* to use bath soap on your face.. but I always have and I've never had an issue.

The price is a bit steep, especially considering you actually get less product than you would without the cut-out. You're definitely paying a premium for the design. If the soap was good, I'd say it might be worth that premium, sadly that's not the case. The remaining bars of mine are going into the trash.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more micro-bars, June 24, 2013
C. Knight (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
Smells good and stacks as billed. Takes some practice to find the right moment to squish bars together, but it's kind of fun.

STACK Infinity bar soap (Pack of 6)
$12.86