|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.1 x 1 x 9 inches|
|Item model number||2648947|
|Color||Blue, Green, Orange or Cool Gray|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||2648947|
STEELMASTER Lockable Security iBOX, Large, 3.13 x 9 x 1 Inches, Plastic, Color May Vary (2648947)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Larger size, measures 3.13 x 9 x 1 Inches, color may be Blue, Green, Orange or Cool Gray
- Convenient way of storing valuables on the go
- Suitable for cash, keys, ID cards, credit cards, cell phones, digital cameras, MP3 players and more
- Safely secures to bikes, belt loops, backpacks, gym bags or lockers
- Customizable lock is easy to set and reset
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- It's really big (probably my fault for not reading the dimensions)
- It's transparent so anything you put in there is easily seen by everyone
- The biggest reason...it made of cheap, flimsy plastic. If you had anything of value in here, it could EASILY (without much effort at all!) be broken into and your stuff would be gone...which kinda defeats the purpose of the lock box in the first place.
We purchased this for my daughter so she can travel with her phone to school and then to activities afterwards. It enables her to lock her phone inside the iBOX, lock the iBOX to a clip inside her backpack, and stow it away for the day without worrying too much about it. They don't have lockers at school so it's an extra piece of mind for her. One extra thing: because only the adults know the combination, she can't get to her phone during the day and use it (school doesn't permit that). Her grandparents often pick her up for school so they know the combination and can unlock the iBox and let her have her phone after school is over.
Because the box is translucent (ours is a green translucent) you CAN see the contents. So unless you are locking up something fairly inexpensive, you probably wouldn't want to lock up your iPhone in this and clip it to your bike and go shopping for the day. But if you need a small amount of security and protection, this is PERFECT. Both the case AND the metal cord lock and open with a programmable combination.
I wish the cable were twice as thick - this one looks like it could be snipped with a pair of garden shears. I think it's funny that the company is called STEELMASTER and the box has almost no metallic parts at all. (the cable is, but it sure is flimsy)
Still, for the few bucks this thing costs, it's well worth it if you just need a way to protect a phone from casual thieves - like plugging into a stereo at a big party, for example. Masterlock makes a much sturdier, more deluxe, (and much bulkier) version that you might like better. The Masterlock box includes a power/audio cable notch, and comes in a couple colors. But it costs roughly twice as much as this guy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
got the clear green instead of solid black (not my choice). I would use this ONLY if I could keep it insight or hidden. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Greg S.
Doesn't work. Flimsy, totally retarded. I got my money back and Amazon said to keep it. So I tossed it in the garbage.Published 10 months ago by BeHapE22
Instructions are great!
easy to use, i mean its plastic, and not really secure.
The handle does not adjust. Easy to pull out from a round door knob. Read more