SGP STEINHEIL iPhone 4 Screen Protector ULTRA CRYSTAL
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Top Customer Reviews
- There is NO rainbow effect after applying the protector on the screen. For the price of this product compared to other screen protectors that go for about $30 and beyond, its clarity is superb and does not cause any annoying light distortion on the screen.
- Application was easy. The holes are cut just right.
- It feels invisible. Some of the more expensive screen protectors give a rubbery feel or an orange peel feel when moving your thumb on the screen, but this one feels as if you are touching the glass directly.
TRICKS TO APPLYING THIS ON YOUR IPHONE 4 SUCCESSFULLY:
1) Go to your bathroom and let the shower run with hot water for minute or two. This will let all the steam/water vapor in the air stick to any dust particles and bring them to the floor.
2) Have the screen protector unpacked and placed on a clean, dustfree counter or tabletop in the bathroom.
3) Do a quick overlay of the protector over the iPhone so that you get an approximation of how to center the edges from all sides. This avoids the "doh" moments later if you are off target.
4) Wash your hands thoroughly with soap. Also use some alcohol pads to wipe your fingertips to eliminate traces of oil. Air dry your hands.
5) If your iPhone does not contain its original factory peel, remove any existing screen protectors and clean the screen well of any dust and dirt. If your phone has its virgin peel on, great.Read more ›
I was surprised that there were two protectors in the packaging, I gave the second one to my daughter who also has an iPhone 4.
The material is extremely clear, thick and much more rigid than I expected. I think that if the manufacturer used a stickier adhesive it would address all the peeling issues but the adhesive is not much better than protectors that stick using static. Because it is a very weak adhesive it really doesn't tolerate repositioning very well either. When installing on my daughter's phone I had to reposition it and it didn't restick properly. I did use the "tape trick" to peel it up so it was not due to distorting the edges and my hands and phone surface were "surgical" clean so the problem does appear to be with the product, not my installation technique.
I have removed and discarded this product after several months of use, the problem was noticeably worse after my wife played a game for several hours on a long flight. I'm not hard on my phones so I think I will see how I do without a screen protector for now since Apple is using a more scratch resistant glass on the screen that the earlier models used. My daughter also had the same problem but a lot sooner - probably due to repositioning it - and is no longer using it.
I was need of a new screen protector and I came across this product. I usually won't spend so much money on an item as this but I decided to take a chance on it.
After I received and applied the screen protector onto my iPhone 4, I noticed that the screen protector wasn't 'Ultra Clear' as stated but instead a bit on the grainy side.
This really didn't bother me much but what disappointed me was that the film started to peel off around the home button and earpiece within two days of applying it onto my phone.
Not really a solid product and I would recommend trying a different company's screen protector.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good item but pricey compare to others that does the same job. I could not tell the difference between this item clarity vs other cheaper screen protectors.Published on September 10, 2013 by Ted Le
I had purchased this previously through Amazon and it worked GREAT! On the second time around, I don't know if this is a different seller, but the quality was much less. Read morePublished on February 8, 2013 by Heather Elwell
See my review for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal for the iPad here: http://www.amazon.com/review/RQTT2RCXLUNA5/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
If you take your time when installing and... Read more
i've always used this on my iphone because the last at a very long time( 6 months + ) and not easily scratched at all. i don't know why people are complaining. Read morePublished on October 11, 2012 by broski
This is my favorite screen protector! No bubbles no rainbow effect! It last for months before you need to change it. I would buy again. Read morePublished on July 10, 2012 by Vegasmom
I would not recommend this product. I normally purchase Power Support shield protectors but I couldn't justify the price on Amazon. Read morePublished on May 14, 2012 by Lloyd Chun Yung Lin
I received my order of these today, from Eprosafe, and the Steinheil are counterfeit. They are different side-by-side; no Holograms, no SGP authenticity codes inside, notably... Read morePublished on April 17, 2012 by Brian Gouge
I received the screen protectors today and jeez! It went on with absolutely no problems with Air Bubbles AT ALL! That was my biggest worry. Read morePublished on April 2, 2012 by StanleyJaye
Prior to purchasing this product, I read all of the reviews and chose to ignore the negatves. I regret my ignorance as this product is very underwhelming. Read morePublished on February 19, 2012 by Chad A. Williams