Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: STEVEN by Steve Madden Women's Intyce Riding Boot,Cognac,7.5 M
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 13, 2011
I had the cognac Steve Madden Intyce before I purchased one from Amazon. I bought mine from Nordstrom and I loved the look of it so much that I decided to buy the black ones. Amazon sells the Steve Madden boots for a cheaper price than Nordstrom does, but... there is a reason why. When I received my purchase from Amazon, I realized the boot didn't look the same. I compared it with the one I purchased from Nordstrom and found out that the ones I ordered from Amazon were FAKE. The leather did not feel the same, the buckle was cheaply made, the inside didn't feel good like the original ones and on top of that, the product information were completely different! The Steve Madden Intyce are suppose to be made from BRAZIL, but the ones from Amazon said it's made from MEXICO and the original ones stated "Synthetic Sole" and the ones from Amazon stated "SINTHETIC SOLE" ! So I returned the item!

These are great boots, just do not order them from Amazon. You will be wasting your money and time waiting for these boots to come and having to send them back to Amazon for refund.
1212 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2011
I don't normally write reviews but I thought I would share that I also received fake boots. I had wanted these boots forever and should have known by the deal I was getting . I ended up paying $80 for a $130 pair of boots. I bought them in February but after months of wondering why they were so uncomfortable and wearing out so fast I started to do a little research. I looked at the fellow reviews on here and noticed someone else had received fake boots. Mine met her description. Mine say "made in Mexico" on the inside and "SINETHIC" instead on synthetic. I have looked at the boots in the Steve Madden store at the mall and they say "made in brazil" and synthetic is spelled correctly. I'm not sure if all pairs that amazon is selling are fake, but I know that I got a "good deal" and these are fake!
on October 25, 2008
I have these shoes and I absolutely love the style of them. I have received many compliments on them ... only one problem. Terrible quality shoes!!!! They scuff soo easily in the light brown or cognac color they sell them in. I have worn these shoes for 3 weeks and they are scuffed up already like I've had them for much longer. The leather is cheap!!!! I would love to buy these in black because I think maybe that leather might not look as horrible with the wear ... but I am afraid to because of my experience with these. I know these shoes are not that expensive and sadly I am considering staying away from anymore madden boots. My mother has a pair of Frye boots she had since she was in her 20's and now my mom is 50 and I am in my 20s .... those boots still look practically new and have now been passed down to me! Please please please do yourself a favor and spend the 300 on some classic boots that will last you forever. It may seem ridiculous now, but when you've had the boots for years and they still look great you won't mind that you paid a little extra.
44 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2013
I bought these boots after admiring my friends. When they came in the mail, they looked off to me. I compared them side by side with my friend's boots and am convinced mine were fake. My friend bought hers from Nordstroms. My Amazon boots were different because the leather looked overly worn and crinkled, the inside sole of the boot was a completely different color, and the inside label about man made leather was worded differently. I also went to Nordstroms and tried on the same pair of boots to see how mine compared. The boots in the store were identical to my friends. I chose to return my boots to Amazon because I feel they are not as good as quality as I found in the department store and I went ahead and bought these boots at Nordstrom. So disappointing!
on February 2, 2012
I bought these for my daughter for christmas this past year (2011) It's the beginning of Feb now and last week she said they were falling apart. The soles are coming off of the part that covers the foot and the leather surface is coming off. So disappointed in these.
on September 9, 2008
Okay my apologies for the cheesy pun, couldn't help myself. :)

Lets get to the point, these boots are FAB! I have them in brown and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They slip on so smoothly, they are SO comfortable to walk and be in.
Overall I really just dig the "riding" boot look. :) These boots look great with jeans, a skirt, (short or long, in fact I can't wait to pair them up with some sweater tights!) they just compliment your outfit so nicely. They have a lovely rustic and timeless appeal to them.

They fall right at my knee, (I'm 5'6) fit true to size (I wear a 10M) and they are very well made. I wore these boots around my house the night I got them and did not want to take them off. :) This is why Autumn is even more wonderful, you get to showcase boots like these! Hard to imagine anyone being dissapointed with these babies!
on January 6, 2014
I was so excited to get my new steve madden boots I spent $129.99 for them. When I opened the package I put the left one on to try them on. I thought great they fit, while I was putting them into my closet which is well lit I started to notice flaws. soles worn especially in the heel area, tarnished and worn buckles, and a very large abnormality at the top of the boot that looked like it had been repaired. some of the writing on the boot was worn and not able to read but you could see it was there. I would not recommend this seller, the shoes were advertised as new, and they clearly weren't.
on March 11, 2013
I bought these boots off Zappos after seeing the reviews about the suspicious quality of the ones sold on Amazon. When they arrived, I was floored - beautiful color (Wine), and so cute.
Then I wore it twice, for a total of about nine hours, and my hopes were sadly shattered. They started coming apart almost immediately - the sole is separating at the toes of both boots, the heel is rapidly being worn down, and it scuffs and wears SO easily. [See uploaded photos.] I think I can wear these at the most for about three more months before having to toss them.
The arch was also really narrow, and my feet are a very average width. It's stretching a little bit more now, but I wish I'd gone up a half size to have more wiggle room with the thick socks I wear for comfort.

Bottom line: lovely boots, but in looks only. I totally regret buying them.
review image review image review image
on June 29, 2011
very cute, but within a week, the bottom came off. i wish i could have returned it, but i already wore it. my husband warned me about buying... silly me. don't do it folks.
on February 24, 2012
I bought these boots in fall 2010. They're a great fit, very cute...and they were completely destroyed by January. I replaced the soles three times, and put new heels on twice, but now even the stitching has come apart at the seams. I don't go running in these boots or anything, or even wear them out in the snow/ice/salt, but they are a TERRIBLE INVESTMENT.

See 1 answered question