I have had several of these for a few years and they have performed at least as well as my Canon batteries.

I recently bought two more through amazon, and one of them is defective. I contacted Sterlingtek and they were just about to replace one battery, until they realized I bought them through Amazon instead of directly.

They then abrubtly told...
Published on February 2, 2012 by Phil Louis

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance
This battery, although in some ways a good replica, underperforms the genuine Canon battery in about the same ratio as their costs. I am now using the battery as a 2nd reserve. I have several Wasabi batteries I use with a 40D and over a two year period and, so far, have performed as well as the genuine battery. Purchased from Amazon.
Published on November 10, 2012 by B. Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery, but ST doesn't honor the warranty if you buy through Amazon, February 2, 2012
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)

They then abrubtly told me that they don't honor the warranty unless I bought them directly.

Amazon says I can send them both for a refund (no exchange or replace because they are from ST) since I within their 30 day period.

So the moral here is that ST and Amazon says anyone the buys the ST batteries through Amazon and has problems after the 30 day Amazon period is out of luck. If you buy directly through ST, I hear their warranty policy is pretty good.

Since the Amazon site says a 12 month warranty period, I figured ST would handle warranty issues regardless of where purchased (just like any manufacturer should).

One other thing I think these non OEM battery vendors would do well to consider is including the terminal cover like the OEM batteries. I found an ebay place that sells them separately, so since I have bunches of batteries I am trying that route.

Update: My problem must have percolated up the food chain at ST as a different person contacted me and has resolved the issue completely. I am very satisfied with the way it was handled in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Aftermarket Battery for 7D, April 23, 2011
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
I have used these SterlingTek batteries for years and was surprised to find them on Amazon
and oddly enough they are a bit cheaper here than directly through SterlingTek.

They don't hold a charge quite as long as the Canon, but very nearly so and for much less money.

I also have these for my Canon 40D and they work perfectly in that camera as well. They use
the standard Canon charger that comes with the camera.

Great product and I have had very good experiences with their Customer Service. They are also U.S.
based out of N.M.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Batteries For The 7D/5DII, August 1, 2012
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
Got a couple of these for use in my 7D and 5DII grips and they've performed very well. They're recharged weekly from my almost daily use but last a long time. With two of these in my Canon 7D or 5DII grip I can shoot hundreds of images and lots of video between charges. Certainly much less expensive than the Canon OEM model and just as durable. Get 'em!

4.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Customer Service, October 23, 2013
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
I ordered 2 batteries for my Canon 7D. However, they didn't hold a charge when charging with Canon wall charger. Could've been damaged in delivery, who knows. So I contacted SterlingTEK customer service on their site, briefly told them the matter and requested they called me. Armando from customer service called me immediately the next morning [I sent message after midnight just a few hours prior]. I figured we were screwed and would have to pay for new batteries or AT LEAST pay to send faulty batteries back to manufacturer to get new ones. Yea I was a bit off..
Without even a slight hesitation they insisted on sending 2 new batteries AND a free wall charger for overnight priority delivery. Without me having to send anything back to them or verify anything. At all.

Yes, it was the right thing for them to do [in my opinion]. But when was the last time a company did that? I can deal with a couple batteries not working with customer service like that [Armando the CS rep is brilliant]. They have my business for anything I need that they have a product for and you'd be wise to do the same.

Not to mention the great price!

First time writing a review about any product, ever..but I felt compelled because I believe this is a great company. I would've given 5 stars had it not been for the malfunction.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance, November 10, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far so Good, November 6, 2013
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
I've used it a few times now and have no complaints. It charged fully off my canon charger with no problems. I'm not sure if it will last as long as my canon battery, haven't tested that yet. But I say it's a good deal as of now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!, September 16, 2014
Hannah (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
This is a really nice battery at a great price!

I recently upgraded to a Canon 7D and wanted to buy a spare battery. I thought the Canon brand batteries were overpriced, so I started looking at the aftermarket brands. This SterlingTEK battery had good reviews, and was a only one-fourth the cost of the Canon, so I thought I would give it a try.

The battery was shipped quickly, and after using it for a couple of weeks I am very pleased. It works in my 7D just fine, and charges fine in my Canon charger. It seems to last about as long as the Canon battery that came with the camera.

I would definitely order these again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery arrived a day sooner than expected. Battery charged ..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
Battery arrived a day sooner than expected. Battery charged quickly to green. So far, it has worked properly. I purchased the Canon equivalent for 3X what this one cost. I plan to continue to compare them for reliability, but I have no reason to expect the STK to fail sooner than the Canon.

5.0 out of 5 stars it always holds a good charge., July 2, 2014
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
No problem with this battery; it always holds a good charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars STK Battery works great with my Canon 70d, July 1, 2014
This review is from: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH (Camera)
Very reasonably priced and works great with my Canon 70d at a much higher capacity than OEM battery that came with my camera surprisingly. Fuel indicator works fine so it must have the required canon chip built-in to it. I'm very happy with the purchase.

STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH