Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: STK's Canon-7D Battery High Capacity 2600mAH
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 2, 2012
I have had several of these for a few years and they have performed at least as well as my Canon batteries.

I recently bought two more through amazon, and one of them is defective. I contacted Sterlingtek and they were just about to replace one battery, until they realized I bought them through Amazon instead of directly.

They then abrubtly told me that they don't honor the warranty unless I bought them directly.

Amazon says I can send them both for a refund (no exchange or replace because they are from ST) since I within their 30 day period.

So the moral here is that ST and Amazon says anyone the buys the ST batteries through Amazon and has problems after the 30 day Amazon period is out of luck. If you buy directly through ST, I hear their warranty policy is pretty good.

Since the Amazon site says a 12 month warranty period, I figured ST would handle warranty issues regardless of where purchased (just like any manufacturer should).

One other thing I think these non OEM battery vendors would do well to consider is including the terminal cover like the OEM batteries. I found an ebay place that sells them separately, so since I have bunches of batteries I am trying that route.

Update: My problem must have percolated up the food chain at ST as a different person contacted me and has resolved the issue completely. I am very satisfied with the way it was handled in the end.
11 comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2011
I have used these SterlingTek batteries for years and was surprised to find them on Amazon
and oddly enough they are a bit cheaper here than directly through SterlingTek.

They don't hold a charge quite as long as the Canon, but very nearly so and for much less money.

I also have these for my Canon 40D and they work perfectly in that camera as well. They use
the standard Canon charger that comes with the camera.

Great product and I have had very good experiences with their Customer Service. They are also U.S.
based out of N.M.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2012
Got a couple of these for use in my 7D and 5DII grips and they've performed very well. They're recharged weekly from my almost daily use but last a long time. With two of these in my Canon 7D or 5DII grip I can shoot hundreds of images and lots of video between charges. Certainly much less expensive than the Canon OEM model and just as durable. Get 'em!
on May 11, 2013
While this battery seems to perform well in the camera, it was not originally recognized as compatible with the EOD 5D-III with the latest software that it is supposed to fit. I was notified by Tom Chenault, of SterlingTek. He sent replacements to my entire order. The batteries worked properly in my 5D with the latest software.

Kudos, Tom, for reading the review and taking care of the issue. I am upping my recommendation as a result of your outstanding customer support!

"Compatible" Canon (and now the SterlingTek ("Compatible") batteries are tracked in the camera as to both usage and shots taken, which is a great feature, but unusable with some non-OEM product. Canon puts a proprietary chip in their batteries that's read by the camera. Many makers of non-OEM Products feel this defect shouldn't be disclosed to buyers of these batteries. SterlingTek has apparently fixed this issue. So, if you have a problem, my advice is call their support line and see if they will help. It worked for me.

SterlingTek has a very fine product that seems to meet or exceed the manufacturer's OEM product, while at a lower end user price. There does not seem to be any visual difference between the product that works and what was originally shipped, so if you notice this issue yourself, you will need to follow it up. Otherwise, the batteries and charger performs flawlessly. I'm very satisfied now. Other than the replacement product described here, this is an user review. I have no affiliation with the supplier. BTW, I rarely give outstanding, five star reviews, but StirlingTek clearly deserves it.
on November 10, 2012
This battery, although in some ways a good replica, underperforms the genuine Canon battery in about the same ratio as their costs. I am now using the battery as a 2nd reserve. I have several Wasabi batteries I use with a 40D and over a two year period and, so far, have performed as well as the genuine battery. Purchased from Amazon.
on July 27, 2014
I purchased this battery almost exactly two years ago and it holds a charge just about the same. I was in the market for a backup battery to have for events. Over the course of two years I have been able to compare this battery to my Canon ones as far as how well it holds up throughout the day.

First off: I will say that if I have this battery in my camera I know that the charge will not last as long during an event as one of my Canon batteries. Usually I do not start with this battery in my camera to avoid not having a charge at one of the more important moments at a wedding. However, on the occasions that I have started with it, I have noticed that I am about mid to low on battery by the time the reception starts (on average about 5 hours of shooting at this point). I recently photographed a wedding in Seattle and it was about 50 degrees outside, and just from the getting ready shots (approximately 200-300 in and mostly indoors) I noticed the battery display was already on one bar. I know batteries tend to run out faster in the cold, however, I was able to compare the Canon one to this after I switched it out for the remainder of the event, and can say the cold weather affected this battery much more than my canon one.

Overall, I would recommend this battery as an absolute backup battery to have in case of emergencies, but I would not recommend relying solely on this battery if you are an event photographer or shoot for long periods at a time. If you plan to use this battery for non-professional use you should definitely be fine; you will probably just have to charge it after each use.
on June 4, 2016
I wish I'd had the opportunity to use this product more than once before the return window closed on May 15th. It worked when I used it for a shoot in late April/early May.

June 1st, right before the band I was shooting was to take the stage (I'm a music photographer), I popped it in my 7D, and... Nothing. No power to the camera. I tried turning the camera on and off a few times, took out the battery, put it back in. Still nothing. A fellow photographer had a charger, so I put it on there, and the light blinked rapidly, so the battery should have worked. But it didn't.

I gave up and used the remaining time before the band's set to charge my Canon battery enough so I could shoot the performance.

Thank god THAT ONE worked. I really wish I could get my money back on this, since I have absolutely no use for it.
on October 23, 2013
I ordered 2 batteries for my Canon 7D. However, they didn't hold a charge when charging with Canon wall charger. Could've been damaged in delivery, who knows. So I contacted SterlingTEK customer service on their site, briefly told them the matter and requested they called me. Armando from customer service called me immediately the next morning [I sent message after midnight just a few hours prior]. I figured we were screwed and would have to pay for new batteries or AT LEAST pay to send faulty batteries back to manufacturer to get new ones. Yea I was a bit off..
Without even a slight hesitation they insisted on sending 2 new batteries AND a free wall charger for overnight priority delivery. Without me having to send anything back to them or verify anything. At all.

Yes, it was the right thing for them to do [in my opinion]. But when was the last time a company did that? I can deal with a couple batteries not working with customer service like that [Armando the CS rep is brilliant]. They have my business for anything I need that they have a product for and you'd be wise to do the same.

Not to mention the great price!

First time writing a review about any product, ever..but I felt compelled because I believe this is a great company. I would've given 5 stars had it not been for the malfunction.
on March 19, 2014
I have used SterlingTEK batteries in my Canon digital cameras for many years and I've never had one fail. They are a great value and so are the battery chargers. All of them that I have purchased have a 12 VDC cord that plugs into the lighter socket in the car so you can charge on the go, something the Canon chargers don't do. Pretty handy when you're on the road. Some reviewers have commented that the SterlingTEK batteries do not last as long as the original Canon batteries, but I have not personally seen any appreciable difference. I am an enthusiast, not a professional photographer, so I do not use my cameras as strenuously as the pros do. Still, I have shot all day and taken hundreds of pictures without running out of power. And at the price, it's much easier to carry a few spares.
on January 14, 2014
There is always the question of whether a non-brand name product will work on a brand name product. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I think the time has come to show Canon that thir batteries are over priced, and have no advantage over others. In fact, my Canon batteries (for a 5D and 7D) have worn out, and have been disappointing. These batteries fit in th eregular charger; they register on the menu, and they seem just fine.