Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: STK's Olympus BLS-1 Battery - 1800mAh for Olympus PS-BLS1, BLS-1 Batteries and Olympus PEN E-PL1, E-PM1, EP3, EPL3, Evolt E-420, E-620, E-450, E-400, E-410 Digital SLR Cameras.
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 3, 2012
My wife and I are professional photographers, and we love Olymus cameras. We own 3 Olympus
cameras: an E-450, an E-620 and a PEN EPL-1. All 3 use the BLS-1 battery, and as much as
we use the cameras, we needed spare batteries. One look at the price Olympus was charging
for OEM batteries, we decided to look for quality 3rd party products on Amazon. We found
SterlingTek batteries, and knew they would be good quality. At this price I could afford
to buy one for each camera and I had the Amazon return policy to back me up, I had nothing
to lose. The batteries work great, and getting free prime shipping was another plus.
I bought this battery as a spare for my Olympus PEN E-P3. At first I had a bit of trouble getting the original Olympus charger to charge it - it seemed there was some spiel there and I had to snap it in just so in order for it to begin charging. But once I got it right, it charged up fine. Operation is flawless and the battery lasts long. Great price and performance - what is not to like?
on August 9, 2012
This BLS-1 battery is Very easy to install in my Olympus E-620 camera. It fits in my orginal charger. I bought two of these batteries when I bought my camera. I charged my orginal and these two batteries up and and shot with each battery until each was completely drained. I was able to take more shots with the STK batteries than the orginal, which make sense since they have a higher mAh rating. After the initial charging cycle of these batteries I recharged and numbered all three batteries. I shot with each battery until I have used up about 3/4 of it's power, then I change to the next battery, until I have cycled through my three batteries. Then after about 6 months, I do another cycle where I use all my batteries till they are completely drained. This method reconditions the batteries. I have had really good results with these two STK batteries and the OEM battery. I take lots of pictures. You may only need one backup battery. Remember, lithium ion batteries have a shelve life of about three years, if you use them or not. Actually they should last better if you use them and recharge them some. I bought their travel charger too. Makes it easier to keep all my batteries charged, and it is small and easy to carry in my camera bag.

STK's Olympus BLS-1 Battery Charger - for Olympus E-PL1, E-P3, E-PL3, E-P1, E-P2, Evolt E-420, Evolt E-410, BLS-1, Evolt E-450, Evolt E-620, PS-BLS1, PS-BCS1, Evolt E-400, BLS-1 Battery Charger
on August 31, 2012
Went for a week long missionary trip to Honduras. Needed to make sure I had enough batteries
for the job. I took over (1000 3 mg each) pictures a day. This battery lasted a whole day.
Loved the speed of service.
on August 30, 2012
I purchased two of these batteries for much less than the price of one Olympus, and so far
they work great. I have recommended this to a friend.
on August 21, 2012
Got this battery while on vacation in the US. I'm from Canada and our battery prices are high.
This battery lasts me more than a day and a half of constant shooting in my E-PL1. Great quality
at a great price! Can't go wrong with this battery.
on September 4, 2012
What can you say about batteries. This is a third party battery at less than half the price of
the Olympus one. I mainly use clones and have never had a problem with them. Just stay away
from the freebie ones.
on August 13, 2012
I really needed a spare battery for my Olympus PEN E-PL1. Battery charged-up and fit perfectly in my PL1. Build quality is comparable to the OEM. Fit and finish are fine. Both brands are "Assembled in China" and the "Cells made in Japan". Aside from the obvious labeling differences on the back of each brand, the only real difference I can see is that the OEM battery has the Olympus name on it.
on August 17, 2012
I have owned several camera brands over the years, and have always found SterlingTek batteries
to be reliable and to perform as well or better than the OEM battery. This is no exception. It
works as advertised.
on August 7, 2012
This is an excellent BLS-1 battery. Works with my orginal charger. I am using this battery in my Olympus E 410 and I'm able to take up to 1000 photos in RAW without using the built-in flash and LCD screen.