5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!
I was looking for a backup battery... not too expensive! I got it! This is a quality product
that works as well as the original. I have never had problems with 3rd party batteries. I
never buy the real cheap-o batteries, because they don't have enough profit to put good
stuff in the battery. These batteries have the good stuff: Japanese cells, precision...
Published on July 31, 2012 by Sofia B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery stopped working after a while
This battery worked well for a while, then stopped working. I figured I would take it apart to see why it failed (couldn't help it as I am an Electronics Test Engineer). Turns out I found a bad solder joint. Typical of cheap Chinese stuff. Anyways I re-soldered and put it back together and it worked again! I am happy that I didn't have to buy another one but not happy...
Published 14 months ago by PC Slayer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars discharges quickly, May 28, 2014
M. Ahle (Roseville, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STK's Sony NP-FW50 Battery 1500mAh - for Sony Alpha NEX-5, NEX-3, NEX-C3, Alpha A55, Alpha A33 (Electronics)
I usually like to carry a spare battery as I never can be sure how many pictures I may be taking that day. When I went to the Sony site and noticed their price for the battery, $79, I was shocked.
A quick search on Amazon revealed this battery for $20 and I immediately ordered my backup.
My disappointment began with real-life usage. Not only does it discharge quickly, not hold onto the charge for long, but it frequently takes seconds to light up the camera after switching the camera on. Maybe I got a bad one. Guess I don't need a backup battery that bad. Will be using the Sony battery and hope not to run out of juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely incredible customer service!, July 3, 2013
SterlingTek went ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations, when I contacted them that my battery had an error, and wasn't working properly, they immediately emailed me apologizing and offering to send out two replacement batteries and a charger...get this...FEDEX OVERNIGHT! Absolutely awesome customer service, I never write these, but I really felt that this company deserves to be recognized for their effort!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, does not hold a charge, October 21, 2014
This product is a complete waste of time and money. I thought that I could save some money going with a generic product, after all. . . a battery is a battery right?. WRONG. This battery failed to hold a charge on the first attempt. I was headed for vacation the next day and found myself out of luck and missing opportunities to take pictures because my back-up battery was worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good backup plan, December 21, 2013
For a trip to Africa I wanted a few backup batteries for my NEX-6, because I had doubts about my chances of finding outlets to charge the camera. As the price for an original Sony battery seemed a bit steep I decided to compromise with one from Sony and this one. Several months on they perform equally and without problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely functional. After 3 uses it now lasts for half the time when new., November 18, 2013
You truly get what you pay for with off-market batteries. While this one worked with the camera it's not for as long as the original and it discharges quicker and after a few uses deteriorated rapidly so I now only trust it around the house when I take it off the charger and use it immediately saving the Sony batteries for later. If you have a lot of them , sure it's probably worth it but if you're going to visit somewhere exotic that doesn't have access to charging don't cheap out on this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value., December 18, 2012
For the price, this is a great choice and has worked well as an extra battery. Perfect fit in my Sony Alpha A33 and the Sony charger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold charge!, March 25, 2013
I bought this battery as a backup and have been very disappointed. While it works in the camera immediately after it is charged, it does not hold a charge for long once removed from the charger. This is useless for carrying in my bag as a spare. I gave up last week and purchased the OEM model so I could be sure I'd have a usable backup battery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit in SterlingTEK charger, July 11, 2014
I've had good experience with SterlingTEK batteries in the past. But this battery won't even fit in SterlingTEK's own wall mount charger (and the OEM bettery does). It does charge when placed in the camera though, which is a pain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Died after a year - Sony one bought at same time still going strong, January 11, 2014
I use this twice per month, max. fter a year, the charger won't recognize it. My next one will be a name-brand - no reason to ruin a vacation over $20.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really?, March 7, 2014
It was broken right out of the box. Not glued together and certainly incapable of charging a battery. Cheap, Badly built.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 517 | Next ›