5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect laptop travel bag
The perfect laptop bag is very hard to find... Not too flashy, or too heavy. Not too big or too small. Needs a comfortable shoulder strap and a top handle.
It would be even better if it was made of leather, but that would make it much heavier. So this is the best laptop bag for a 13" laptop (Macbook Air in my case).
I had a hard time deciding on this one...
Published on August 29, 2012 by Alex

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to rethink some design flaws.
I have and ipad and I wanted to purchase a bag that would have enough space for my ipad and to put some other items in for school (like a notebook and pencil pouch) - this bag allows you to do that, but the whole layout is very poorly thought out/designed.
Published 22 months ago by Disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect laptop travel bag, August 29, 2012
Alex (AUSTIN, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I had a hard time deciding on this one because of the vertical layout ... it's just not what I have been used to and was worried how it would look. And the pictures don't show you how big it is compared with a person of regular height. I was relieved to find that it was larger than I imagined it. It looks great and is a few pounds lighter than my last samsonite bag.
It fits my huge Bose QC-15 headphone case, chargers, cables, laptop, pens, notepad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thin; maybe too thin, December 25, 2012
Mat (St. Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: STM Alley Shoulder Laptop Bag fits 11"/13" MacBook Air or 13" MacBook Pro (Accessory)
This bag is very compact and fits the 13" Macbook Air perfectly. The shoulder strap is also very comfortable. The thinness is a pro and con, however, because I can't fit much of anything else besides the Air. Inside the bag is a padded slot for the Air plus a second padded slot that would fit an iPad / tablet. In addition there is a slim main compartment, which is so thin that I can't fit much more than a thin notebook. Another con, for me, is the velcro enclosure (just because of the noise it makes). On the bright side, I suppose, the bag forces you to pare down your traveling kit, which makes for a lighter load.

In short, it's good bag just for a computer and a few accessories. However, it is most definitely not a book bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Need to rethink some design flaws., January 20, 2013
The zipper in the very front and the pocket itself is MUCH MUCH too. It extends over the entire top and front of the bag, and a lot of my small/medium items get caught in the top and you have to coax/pry it out with your fingers since it is such a small space. The pocket location is a good design, it just needs to be smaller, so my single mail key doesn't get lost again.
As for the interior, there is one zipper which is a good sized pocket, but other "pockets" that are present are actually just pouches... If you put your cell phone in one of them, it could easily fall out since it isn't protected with a zipper.. But instead it is only "covered" by the large flap of the messenger bag held down with just two strips of Velcro at the base, which ensures no safety for your items you store there, truley a waste of fabric/material, no one wants to put something in a pouch that isn't going to ensure the safety of their belongings. Good ideas for designs.. Just need to be thought out more. Instead of a fabric pouch, maybe make it spandex? Or a combination with spandex in it. This way, it can still be easily accessible, and yet covers your small electronics. There would be a dramatic difference in safety for those items you put in the small pouches. And chances are, it'll stay in your bag since it'll form fit to the item that is place in it.
When to get to your ipad/computer/tablet pocket, you must open another large Velcro strip to get to your items and to store it. If you are running late for a meeting or are late for class, you have to make a TON of noise just to get your materials out.. In front of everyone which can be quite embarrassing. Rethink if you are looking for bag to carry your laptop and other small personal items, this bag is actually just a really poorly made rearranged backpack that is not worth the price they are selling it for.
I would have returned mine, but I needed a bag so desperately for school, I just kept it.. I've only had it for a week and I'm sick of it. Just ordered a new Targus bag, a brand I can TRUST, that has never let me down in the past. I expect it to be exceptional compared to this bag.

I will repeat though, great ideas for the bag, but has some serious design flaws that need to be changed before being able to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop bag for Macbook Air, October 14, 2012
I love this bag. It holds everything I need it to: 13" Macbook Air, iPad, pen and notebook, wireless mouse, SuperDrive, video adapters, power cables, etc. It's very comfortable to hold, and feels solid and lightweight -- even when packed to the gills.

I even had a question for the manufacturer, and I received a response within 24 hours. I will buy from STM again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, February 26, 2014
Bought for my lenovo yoga and it fit perfect. Very nice bag! Does everything I wanted it to do plus more

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a great price, June 23, 2014
This bag fits both an 11' and a 13' laptop and has great compartments that all feel very thought-through. It's compact yet fits my laptop, cord + adapter, a notebook, my phone, pencils etc. The handle on the top makes it easy to tug around and the strap is nice. Only annoying thing is that the bag rocks back and forth against your body as you walk since it is so sturdy and doesn't hug your body. Other than that, it's a great bag for the price and I would recommend it to anybody with a small laptop that wants a functional, price-worthy laptop bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a Macbook or a Macbook air, you want this., July 31, 2013
I can't explain how much I love this bag. Lots of room for a perfect sized bad. It can hold a macbook 13, iPad, chargers, and lots of zippers for cellphones and other things.

I seriously dig it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, December 11, 2012
After hours of searching for a decent 13 inch laptop bag, I finally decided on this one. The bag is well made and has a lot of compartments for storage. My only complaint is that the shoulder strap isn't very long; this bag is for my 6' tall boyfriend and I'm afraid it might not hang long enough for him. I am 5'3" and stretched all the way out, it hangs about at my hip which is fine for me, but a taller person may want something a bit longer. Other than that, I think it was a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag. Better than expected. Not black., November 10, 2012
Joe T. (United States) - See all my reviews
The bag appears black in the picture. It is really more of a gray. Was disappointed when I first unpacked it. It looked bigger than I expected, as well. i.e my first impression of the bag was not a good one.

Within 15 minutes, it had me almost completely won over. The fabric is very nice. The bag is very thoughtfully designed. I might even go so far as to say it is genius. The compartment lay out and level of protection is top notch.

I have now had the bag for about 14 hours. I have taken it with me to Starbucks, and out to dinner. My impression now? I love it. This is a great bag. I like the color a lot. I don't know how it could be better. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars STM Air Alley messenger style laptop bag, May 5, 2012
The STM Air Alley messenger style laptop bag is a beautifully engineered and well made product. Even though it was not originally designed for tablet use (versus their smaller Scout series of bags), it was better suited for my application; as well as having plenty of space for a 10 inch tablet, there is a second compartment in which there is room for an 11 inch blu-tooth keyboard and stand with room to spare. There are plenty of pockets (both zipper and non-zipper) for storage. Even comes with a cell phone pouch. The only shortcoming I have found is the shoulder pad on the strap. It is not padded enough, and it is too smooth - not grippy enough, and slides off your shoulder. Strap clips on, easily removeable. You can find better third party straps (E.G: Skooba Bungee V.3) or shoulder pads to remedy this problem. Otherwise perfect. Highly recommended!