STM Jacket Padded Sleeve Fits All iPads and Most 10-Inch Tablets
Price:$15.25 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 22, 2010
Verified Purchase
I recently purchased an iPad WiFi + 3G (16GB). I love this thing. Even more, however, I wanted something to protect my piece. I searched everywhere. I have dealt with Waterfield Designs before (sfbags) and loved their stuff, but couldn't find the perfect iPad case no matter where I looked. I looked up review after review. I wanted something that would hold my iPad (with or without a skin on it); something that would be durable; something fashionable; something with pockets for light accessory carrying; and something easy to grip.

STM bags did it right with this bag. You can hook it up and throw it over your shoulder, or simply carry it around with a neat handle on the top. The pockets are just the right size and the design is brilliant. It fits PERFECTLY with or without a skin or case on the iPad.

You need this bag. It's THE best one out there. You'll love it. I promise.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 4, 2011
Verified Purchase
I really wanted to like this tidy little case. It is almost the perfect complement to the iPad - well-made, sleek, with room for the power adapter, has both a sturdy handle and shoulder strap.

The problem? - It's just a bit too tight for my iPad, which has the Scoshe glosSEE silicone case. Getting the iPad in and out is cumbersome. In addition to that, the zipper opening is IMHO poorly designed. It opens almost all the way on the bottom vertical edge and also along the width. The effect is that it's a little difficult to get in and out of the case and at the same time exposes the iPad to being dropped.

I love STM products but I'm returning this one and still looking for a good case.
Verified Purchase
Please watch my video review and demo of this STM Jacket for iPad. It also fits the Kindle with the iPad too!
on June 13, 2010
I really love this little bag. It is perfect for carrying my iPad and phone with me when I want to leave my backpack behind. The bag is very nicely made, and looks great (looks a lot better than the photos on this listing).

I especially like that it is just large enough to hold the iPad when it's in the Apple cover.

You'll like it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 20, 2011
Verified Purchase
WOW, I can't tell you how many bags I looked at, both in stores and online. I almost gave up on a number of these qualities (I returned a couple of bags along the way), fearing that what I wanted was only a pipe dream. Luckily I didn't give up. Here are the qualities that I wanted (and found) in a bag to carry my Xoom:

-affordable
-lightweight
-at least one zippered pocket to fit power cord
-able to fit the Xoom with cases on it, even the Folio type, without being any larger than needed
-well-made
-durable
-water resistant
-classic style
-carrying handle or strap (this has both)
-soft interior material
-zippers that would not harm my Xoom in any way
-protective padding, without being too bulky

This bag actually has ALL these qualities!!!! Unbelievable, but true!

I just love this bag. First of all, the material is actually much nicer looking in person that in pictures. The pictures make it look like it has sort of an optical illusion. In person, the fabric is a deep black, slightly shiny nylon. The material actually has pinpoint dots of white, so from a slight distance it looks a charcoal grey sort of color. Very nice and soft feeling. The inside is very soft, and polishes the screen on its own! The color inside is a gorgeous peacock blue/teal. The fit is perfect, with or without a case. Without a case, there is a little wiggle room, but not so much that it moves around, but in case it does, the sides even have padding.

The only slight reservation I had before purchasing this bag was that the teal accents/insignia might somewhat cheapen the look of the bag. This is not true at all, and looks very classy/simple/urban all at the same time.

I actually tested it for water resistance - it is! I poured drops of water on it, and they either ran off the side or pooled on top of the fabric in little bubbles until I wiped them off. AWESOME.

The zipper is very nice, and doesn't hurt my hands or my Xoom, unlike a neoprene case I tried. It zippers two ways, like a nice suitcase, which is very convenient.

The case is well designed. I love the zippered pocket - it fits my charger, a microfiber cloth, a pair of headphones, a stylus, and some pens with some added room. There is a slight little bulge, so I probably won't ever put more stuff, but I could if I wanted. It is lightweight, but you definitely feel like it is protective.

The strap and handle are so convenient. I carry the Xoom by itself sometimes, messenger style and the strap is comfortable and doesn't slip at all. I really love the handle though, it is very rugged and sturdy feeling. Half the time, the whole Xoom, case and bag and all, is INSIDE my handbag with my wallet/makeup and other girl stuff and this case does not add much dimension or heft, which is nice considering my space constraints.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of this case was UNEXPECTED. It has a built-in safety design of sorts. If you happen to forget to zip the bag, and pick it up using the strap, chances are your Xoom won't move or fall out. For 2 reasons: first the zipper goes along the top of the case and only one side (so it won't fall out of the bottom) and second, the zipper on the side does not go all the way down the side - there is a little space (a little over .5 inch) where the zipper will not go down, which acts as a ledge so the Xoom will not come out of the side on its own. Truly brilliant design. Definitely made by an intelligent person/team (I wish people like that were in our Congress).

I only have one slight reservation. The bag is attached to the straps using plastic. The plastic is nice and all, but I feel that it does not quite have the same level of quality as the rest of the bag. I have had no indication that the plastic is weak or might break - it is just an observation, in comparison to the rest of the bag. No biggie for me, just FYI.

Having said that, no bag has anywhere near all of these characteristics, especially considering the wonderful price and at this level of quality. Most importantly, I feel safe carrying my beloved Xoom in this bag. I am going to buy the purple one as well, because I love this bag, and it loves my Xoom.
on January 29, 2012
Verified Purchase
Looking for a well-thoughtout, good-looking, stylish, fairly thin, professional-looking iPad2 padded pouch-type bag that protects from general falls and is both weather-proof and durable to protect my iPad in its double-fold leather case, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S43T2K/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details.

Loved my black/teal color choice. Worked pretty well and looked pretty good but fit was slightly too tight for my purposes and found some workmanship-type issues. Here are my comments:

Main zipper/corners/front pockets/ -
My iPad2 in my leather case in this bag fit snugly hugging the corners of the leather case just a bit too much. Couldn't fit much else in either of the two front pockets other than the included strap and an iPhone in a thin case.

Front material/workmanship(stitching)/strap -
At first glance -- without glasses -- material looked great, felt thick and durable, and appeared tidy and professional looking but upon closer speculation the faint dot design of the material was not parallel to the squared lines of the bag, the stitching seams along the entire (main) zipper pulled like they would split apart, the main zipper was not sewn on entirely straight on one side causing the material to pull, the first pocket flap opening was cut/sewn curved wavy crooked, and the corners of the pocket pulled at the corners.

Back material/workmanship -
There's a back pocket that ran along the length of the bag. Material on the back side was cut evenly and was flat not puckered in any way. Similar to the front, stitching along the zipper pulled too.

Strap/Padding -
Strap was nice quality and adjustable to comfortably and conveniently sling over body. Padding of this bag was nice and very much thicker than the thinly padded Amazon basics bag with handles http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VPE1Q6/ref=oh_o02_s01_i00_details, which was too long and tall even with my leather cover so looked sloppy.

Handle -
Nice firm handle; good feel. Like that it stays curved so you don't have to hunt for the handle in a quick grab.

Fit depends on your function -
My iPad charger, cable, and iPhone fit in the front pockets when I used an apple-type cover with a thin plastic back cover but decided against this combination since I value the variable stand functionality of my leather cover over thinness.

Someone said theirs with a leather cover fit great. Mine was just a slight bit too tight but major concern is workmanship of the front, what ppl will see first hence not so professional looking, so I've already returned this item. Perhaps I just happened to get the poorly made one with a tighter fit = ( but not sure whether I really want to try again = (.
on December 13, 2010
Verified Purchase
This is a nice little bag for the iPad. It will fit the iPad bare, but it can also fit the iPad with a slim case on it though its quite a tight fit - I have my iPad in a Marware Hybrid C.E.O. case and it fits but its very snug. I have no doubt it would hold the iPad in the Apple case, or something like a hard shell rear cover for the iPad like the "Nude" ones from SwitchEasy would probably fit as well.

There are three pockets - one is an open pocket and seems designed to hold a cell phone or an iPod/iPhone. The second has a zipper and can hold a few small items, while the third is on the back and seems intended mainly for papers or some larger items but there's no zipper there either so anything you put in can fall out. For me, I've been able to put the USB cable, A/C adapter and some earbud headphones in the zip pocket and its a tight fit, but it fits.

I looked long and hard at cases and bags for the iPad and most every other one either lacks any pockets except for a central compartment to store the iPad itself, or has extra pockets but is big and bulky. This is the only one I could find that has extra pockets but still keeps things reasonably compact. But then again everything on this bag is very (probably too) snug, so that's the tradeoff I guess.

The bag is well made, and does offer an additional degree of protection for the iPad. I don't think, however that I'd want to put anything in the pockets that might cause them to bulge while at the same time keeping the iPad in the case without some additional protection for the screen.

Really, the main negatives for this bag are twofold: first, as mentioned, everything is a tight fit. The other drawback is its appearance. The colors chosen (grey and teal), the slightly too prominent "STM" logo, and the materials don't make the bag look cheap, per se, but they don't really make it look expensive or super nice either.
on July 19, 2010
Verified Purchase
This iPad jacket is perhaps one of the best values in electronics accessories. For such a low price, one gets a protective (if only a hair too big) iPad case, an external zipped pocket for a few small things, and even a specially made pocket for iPhone/iTouch. It also includes a removable shoulder strap with a clever and solid attachment design, and even a handle. The inside is nice and felt-lined, which is great, since the iPad does slide about ever so slightly inside the case. And I wish the handle wasn't formed and permanently protruding from the top of the case, since I carry this sleeve in my backpack, and have no need for a ready to grab handle. Although, it does come in handy when I want to remove the case from my backpack, in which the whole thing sits vertically, but it's not necessary.
All in all, a wonderful iPad case and a great value.
on November 25, 2011
Verified Purchase
This is a cute bag but it will only hold your ipad2. If you have a leather case for it, your ipad wont fit in the bag with it on. Too small for anything else. I mean if you only want a bag just to carry your ipad this bag will work. But if you want your case on your ipad, get a different bag.
on July 16, 2012
Verified Purchase
I was hesitant in ordering this case due to several reviews that portrayed the case as being "very tight", making it difficult to get the iPad in/out of the case easily. I'm happy to report that this is not a problem. I have an iPad 3 and use the Apple smart cover (which only covers the front glass), and my iPad (with smartcover) fits into the sleeve effortlessly with a bit of room leftover on all sides. Though I'm guessing if you have a more elaborate setup casewise, you will run out of room easily.

Pockets:
1. iPad compartment: Inside has padding and has felt/microfiber like covering, and as mentioned above fits iPad 3 + smartcover with no issue; not willing to test it, but I believe the iPad would be reasonably protected if dropped.

2. Backside compartment: Permanent opening; is the length of the case which is long enough for a business envelope; lip is inset about 1 1/2 inches; other than paper or very flat/small items you wouldn't be able to store much here without fear of it falling out.

3. Frontside compartment: Zippered pocket which is nearly as large as the iPad compartment, I don't believe you could get bulky items in/out of this pocket easily, and due to the overall thickness of the case you wouldn't want to store much in here. Ideal for a charger cord, etc.

4. Front of frontside compartment: Small pocket for your cellphone with a permanent open end; felt/microfiber like lining; phone doesn't appear to be in danger of falling out; handy.

Right now I'm using the case to carry the iPad + smartcover, my cellphone, and a small graphic novel in the back pocket. I don't think I can get much else in there, but given the compact size I think that's very reasonable.

I'm rating 4 stars for now since I have no idea how well the case will last; if you could get several years out of it, it would easily be 5 star in my opinion.

For around $20 I don't believe you could find a nicer case. Very pleased!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations