Denon AVR-1913 7.1 Channel 3D Pass Through and Networking Home Theater AV Receiver with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $249.00
This or the Sony STRDN1030? I have Sony TV and a PS3, so just wondering if it really makes all that difference in having "everything sony"?
asked by Andre Viana on February 19, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
No it does not, in this case.the HDMI cables may allow either remote to do certain functions? on off Volume etc?I looked @ the specs for the Sony & while it looks good. The speaker setup on the Denon"Audyssey" is something You should research. Spend the time comparing each one!
It takes me many hours to decide on EVERY piece of equiptment that I buy!
Gary J. Pastore answered on February 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Sony Bravia TV and a Sony Blueray player going thru the Denon without problems. Never used a Sony AVR so can't help with that. I imagine with the Sony AVR, you may have the potential for fewer remotes, but that's all I can think of. The firmware on the Denon AVR led me thru every step of the speaker setup using Audyssey without a hitch. Only mention this b/c someone else said to research it. I love my Denon and would buy again! Good luck...
Burt answered on February 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was in the market for a new AVR earlier this year. I bought a Sony locally on sale and returned it as I wasn't happy with the sound. I ran it side by side with an older Denon and just felt the Denon produced clearer, more natural sound with both movies and CDs I know well. Even though the Sony had the features I wanted, the sound quality just wasn't there to my ears and I bought a new Denon. If you can, take a CD you know well to a stereo shop and try a side by side comparason for yourself (with the same speakers or headphones.) You may find you prefer one or the other. After all, isn't the sound quality the most important attribute?
candor answered on March 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, there is no advantage to having all components in an AV system being all the same brand. Unless you like the idea of seeing the same name on everything....
Ken H answered on January 31, 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product