5.0 out of 5 stars Good top, be careful on sizing.
The top feels great with no noticeable chaffing from any seems. Be careful on sizing though. I am 5'8" and 148 pounds and a size medium fits snug and is just long enough so when I swim it does not pull up past my tri shorts. If you are much taller than 5'8" I don't think the medium would fit well unless you really like the belly shirt look.
Published 23 months ago by Dad

I recently ran a tri in this shirt. I usually shop for price, and I think the quality was good for what I paid. I will say that the size felt a bit small. As a fit young man I would like to have had a large size instead of the medium I ordered.
Published 22 months ago by reposter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good top, be careful on sizing., August 30, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars size runs very small, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Apparel)
It is no doubt a great piece of gear and the fabric and costruction is top notch as other products from Sugoi- but like others have posted, it small-- very small!! like womens small-small. I am about 5'7" 150 lbs medium build somewhat athletic but not yet Triathletic (working on it:), not overly muscular- but not slim.

Typically I wear SMALL size Polo or Pique shirts are perfect fit. I first ordered a MEDIUM to compensate for "tech gear" size it was extremely small and would be short. Putting it on all felt like almost tearing the seams. So I sent it back, got a LARGE size, even that is the smallest I would ever wear. I did not want to keep sending back and forth and dont feel like having $100's tied up in 2 weeks worth in returns -- as there is no exchange for this product. So I'm keeping this one as it will do. But the next one I order will be XL.

I appreciate the quality and the fit should be tight for this type of gear as I have other brands and favor Pearl Izumi. But caution if you get this, order 2 sizes up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits tight, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Apparel)
I personally love the Sugoi tri-tanks, and own two. Be aware, however, that they fit snugly. I wear a medium in most jerseys, but need a large for Sugoi. I am 5'10" with 32" waist and 42" chest @ 175 lbs. Large fits perfectly, but does conforms to body shape. You may want to go XL if bigger than I am.

3.0 out of 5 stars Screw your title, Amazon. I didn't want to write one. fine..., September 11, 2012
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Sports)
Additionally, there are a lot of tiny ripples woven into the fabric, and the small edges all over were a bit itchy. And it's quite hard to pull on/off as the fabric gets caught on itself. But to be honest, once I started racing I wasn't paying any attention to the tightness or feel of the fabric, and it probably saved me a little chafing in the end.
6.75/10 would probably recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, July 24, 2011
Karen Kangas (APPLETON, WI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Sports)
I am a big Sugoi fan and like the feel and fit of this tri top. Light weight and cool. I wore underneath my wetsuit and no issues with feeling wet or weighted down on the bike.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Sports)
I used this top for a sprint distance tri and the zipper cut into my chest in tow places. It did fit true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit!, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Apparel)
I read the reviews prior to making my selection, so I ordered a size larger than I usually wear and it turned out to fit nicely. Looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Sports)
I am 5'4.5" 125 lbs medium build Asian and a small fits perfect on me.
I've done a few century rides and this kept me dry and cool.
I wish the back pockets are slightly bigger/taller to cover a phone that is 4"+ tall.
However, I'm able to carry 3 Gel pack on one pocket and my Droid Razr on the other.

3.0 out of 5 stars X-Large is more like a medium, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Apparel)
So, I read all the reviews about this product prior to buying it. The main theme was that this is a good product but the sizing is way off. True, the sizing is off and I knew this prior to purchase as such I bought two sizes bigger than I normally would. I would normally buy a medium and bought an XL based on the reviews of others (so the reviews work). The XL is a reasonable fit... perhaps a tiny bit too small but close enough - I would call it "snug". I give it 3 stars because the company misrepresents their product and if not for the reviews customers would be at a loss.

On the functionality side, this is a good sports top. I wear mine for triathlons to include during the swim. It dries quickly and the zipper on the front allows airflow for when you need to cool down on the run or bike phases. There are two pockets on the lower back area that have a slightly elastic neck and these are perfect for a gel packet or two in each one. I have even put my cell phone in one for tracking times through a sports app; however, the phone can fall out because it is a little large for the pocket.

I did not have any chaffing problems under the arms or on the nipples during the endurance events (half ironman) - so that is goodness.

Lastly, if you care about style with your sports gear then I would say that this top is reasonable stylish too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced !!!!, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank (Apparel)
I am disappointed in my purchase of Sugoi mens sonic tri tank.First of all I think it is way over priced (made in china).You can purchase an under armor tank for half the price.I am not impressed with the material.I don't think it will last a lot of wear and use.I would not recommend the sugoi for the money it is sold for.

Sugoi Sonic Tri Tank