Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SUNPAK MINI-PROPLUS/B Mini Tripod with Compact Ballhead
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 8, 2005
Small, light and easy to carry around. Built like a lighter weight travel tripod but shorter. Will easy handle an SLR with a moderate size macro or tele lens. Quite stable because, let's face it, at this length there's a lot less to start shaking. If you're thinking about something easy to carry around for more stable outdoor shooting you also might want to look into a beanbag
on December 15, 2005
Small, lightweight, solid. This is a really well made tripod. This is the most stable of all the tabletop tripods I've seen at any price. Just a really good piece of equipment. I would recommend this tripod to anyone looking for a tabletop, you will be pleased.
on March 24, 2013
This little device is working well, solid, and doing the job for my needs. I later found out that there is amodel with a tilt handle for the cam, which would be nice, but mine is pretty much stationary and so it works fine. I recommend.
on November 3, 2006
I was surprised by the quality of the tripod. I expected one that would be barely adequate to hold a slave flash but it actually did well holding my Digital Rebel and was perfect for a mini DV camcorder. Well worth the price.
on September 14, 2011
Got this mainly as a novelty, When I got mine it was very loose however I noticed every fastener was accessible so after tightening everything it worked out very well. For $20 this novelty actually works! It was able to hold a D7000 with kit lens just fine (about 2 1/2 pounds).
on March 3, 2010
This little guy is perfect for supporting a camera when you don't want to lug a full sized tripod around. The camera and tripod can easily be placed on a table for quick snaps and portraits. The Sunpak holds a regular D40 DSLR with a small zoom and generally can be tightened effectively. The only limitation is that pointing the camera upward or downward at more than about a 45 degree angle will cause the tripod to tilt and fall over. Of course the tripod is stressed with a full sized DSLR and should not tilt over with a small point and shoot which is probably it's intended mount. The fact it can handle a D40 with a regular lens and SB400 flash is a huge positive in itself not to mention it's a ballhead.

The build quality is very good for a small tripod and it is built well where it counts. The ball and tightening screw are metal and durable. And it's very attractive like a small version of a full sized model. However, it comes off a little cheap when the legs are fully extended. Hardly a deal breaker, though. The price reflects its worth. Four stars and a Buy!
on September 11, 2013
I was looking for a tripod that would hold a small Microsoft webcam and this is perfect. It is fully adjustable, light weight but not flimsy, and even the tripod base has options for squeezing onto a small space (with my laptop) to use. I wanted something that would capture my keyboard and/or hands in order to demonstrate what I'm doing on a screen to my 'students' (staff) and also versatile enough to allow me to position it front and center for webinars without being in my way. It fits in my bag as well. It's really perfect!
on May 26, 2014
I bought one of these to use as a static mount for my GoPro, and liked it so much that I bought another one to use for my spotting scope.
on July 18, 2007
this tripod for its price is great, everything is plastic excepts for the ball.

the ballhead is a no-way for me, even if you put a standard DSLR with a standard lens, the ballhead just keeps slipping, bear in mind, the maximum weight is only 2.2lbs or 1kg. some lenses are already 1kg.
on March 28, 2013
I find this tripod easy to carry around, and it provides the stability I need for my video shooting. Highly recommended for people who value 'Traveling Light' format.