4.0 out of 5 stars Haters Gonna Hate
I wasn't going to buy this gun after reading its reviews. The complaints I've read about the noise the gun makes & the weak stream it fires... It sounded like a bad deal. But then... Clips. CLIPS.

I ended up at a toy store w/ a friend and, utilizing an awesome buy 1 get 1 half off deal, we decided to give them a shot. Thoughts? Totally worth it...
Published on May 24, 2011 by Maxwell Jahner

2.0 out of 5 stars WOW 2 DOA!!
I just received 2 of these guns and they are both dead on arrival. I thought maybe the batteries I had were dead but nope it was the guns. What are the odds of 2 not working? So I will update the 3 star rating when I receive my replacement guns

UPDATE!!
Published on May 2, 2012 by WidebodyM3

4.0 out of 5 stars Haters Gonna Hate, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)

No, it's not going to blow people away during summer water gun battles. It also is not designed for any real, ranged combat. But for up close, standard water gun fights? Rockstar y'all. Stock up on clips & a spare set of batteries & everyone shall feel jealous, wanting your modern, water war wagin' machine. Plus, it's fun! I've been practicing dropping the clip out w/ my middle finger & just letting it fall to the ground, Matrix style.

I hope that Nerf continues to advance this line of weaponry, increasing the range of clip-based weapons, but for the time being I'm happy. Me & my crew are packing these come summer... Watch out!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well!!!!, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
I bought two of these for my kids 3 days ago. The box says they shoot 25 feet, this is true. I disagree with the other review on here mine do not lose water from the barrel at all. These are batter operated guns that have a continuous stream. You are not going to get the same distance or power of a pump gun but that is to be expected. They are perfect for my 4 year old daughter, who has had trouble operating pump guns, and my 8 year old son. The changeable clips are very nice. I think this is an awesome product, it has an interchangeable stock with a Nerf gun (stock not included) and the rails on top hold a sight from a Nerf gun too. This is a very cool collaboration of the two companies. I would recommend this to any water gun lovers out there.

P.S. Get rechargeable batteries for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great battery operated soaker!, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
The Thunderstorm is great for a single handed battery operated soaker.

The clip system works great and makes reloading very easy. Clips can be purchased on amazon for as little as $5 Bucks.

The stream is small, but consistent (never stops as long as trigger is held) and has a pretty decent amount of force. Great for kids and pools.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old can use it!, June 20, 2011
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
Every year, my tiny 3 year old girl feels left out of her older brothers water wars. Not this year! They've been playing with these guns every day for 2 weeks with no trouble. We keep a bucket of water and clips handy and she can even change the clips by herself. Finally a super soaker that she doesn't have to pump. She holds the trigger for a few minutes before running out of water. As far as distance, it depends on battery strength for the most part. It's still a decent distance, but she's not too concerned about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packing water heat, January 8, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
Nothing amuses kids more than a water gun fight in a warm sunny day. This Nerf Super Soaker Thunderstorm "machine water pistol" is battery-powered - no pumping is necessary. It operates on 4 AA batteries. The "magazine" can be detached for filling by pulling back a slider. It holds slightly less than 1-1/3 cups of water. Additional magazines are available for purchase (See Note). They are equipped with built-in belt clips for easy carry during "combat". Hold down the trigger and a thin stream of water shoots out up to 20 feet when the batteries are new. This Thunderstorm is great fun. Other than water-gun fights, mom and dad can use it to chase away hawks that stalk birds around their feeders. I bought this water machine pistol about a month ago. It is still working fine. I have no complaint.

Note: Check out additional "magazines" here @ Nerf Super Soaker Clip System Canisters.

2.0 out of 5 stars WOW 2 DOA!!, May 2, 2012

UPDATE!!
I received my replacement guns today. Only 1 of them works so 3 of 4 guns were DOA. Isnt there some type of inspection before they box these things up? I expect my kids will probably be able to use this gun for a week or two before they guns stop working.......If im lucky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gun!, May 9, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
This gun does not shoot as far as a pump gun, but that's okay. It shoots very well, with a decent amount of force and uses the water in the clip efficiently. My 4.5 year old nephew blew through clip after clip of water and the rechargeable batteries only show a small amount of power loss. I would buy the gun again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for younger kids, December 30, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
I was so glad I found this gun. My 4-year-old asked santa for a water gun and I was worried because most water guns you have to pump and I new it wouldn't be very easy for my 4-year-old to play with, but this gun is perfect. We tested it out in the bathtub since it is not exactly water fight friendly outside right now. I couldn't tell you how far it shoots as we were only shooting from the edge of the tub at the wall, but it seems powerful enough. It is very easy to use, no pumping, just simply pull the trigger. It does run out of water kinda fast, but not tooo fast. My son can't wait for summer to take this toy outside!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoots far, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
I got this for an unorthodox reason, to chase away a raccoon that had been getting onto my porch. A few drops of habanero oil and water did the trick and I didn't even have to get close to it. I know it sounds mean but my cat stays on that porch at times, didn't want him to get hurt. Plus it was more humane then my landlord blowing its head off. Bottom line it works .

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy water gun for even the smallest kid, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Super Soaker Thunderstorm (Toy)
My 4 yr old son and niece (9 days apart) love this gun (I bought two just for that purpose) as it is easy to use and does a good job soaking other kids. Aside from that it also looks great and is light enough for either of them to run around with one in each hand for a bit of extra soaking power. Unlike some of the other nerf/SS guns you can attach accessories. (my son sometimes uses a stock on his along with a cheap red dot scope I got for him)

Unlike what others have said mine do not leak water from the barrel yet. (I guess time will tell) The only thing it has ran through is batteries, but I use the rechargeable sanyo eneloop batteries so cost is next to nothing to keep it going and they hold a good charge in-between fights while the guns are put up.

Educational??? I guess it teaches kids how to eject a clip? Not sure if thats good or bad...

Super Soaker Thunderstorm