5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy to wire

Published 14 months ago by Gary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and easy to wire, May 30, 2010
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
My house has been plagued with gremlins in the phone lines since the times before DSL. This allowed me to presplit my phone and DSL signal, and even allowed me to use the green twisted pair for pure DSL signal. I don't trust other people in the house to use the DSL filters that came with our service, so by splitting it before it enters the house, there's no worries about noise on the line. Effectively removed the DSL dropping out issue when people picked up a phone. Requires some basic wiring/basic electrician's knowledge; but, nothing you wouldn't learn in highschool physics or a quick browse through the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, September 29, 2010
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
I ordered this product because i was having problems with my ADSL connection. I installed the POTS Splitter outside my home next to the dermac, this particular splitter comes with an outdoor housing so no additional materials were required for an outside installation. The initial problem I was having with my adsl was that I would get connection loss constantly and the speed of my connection was sometimes sluggish. This item fulfilled its purpose by splitting the phone signal from the ADSL signal immediately after it comes from AT&T. By doing so I eliminated any problems I might have had with my phones or phone lines within the house and my connection is now more solid. This is also to my advantage because now if I have problems with my ADSL, AT&T can no longer say it could be an issue with the wiring inside my house since i have a straight line from the splitter into the router. Overall this product is great and i would strongly recommend it to anyone who is a dsl subscriber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional ADSL Filter/Splitter, July 19, 2011
Nelson P. Filho (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
This is an exceptional product but, as another reviewer put it, don't expect miracles: both you and the telecom company will (hopefully) need to help, also.
The advantage of this splitter over the usual internal ADSL filter supplied by a telecom is that with this one you will be able to separate the data and voice signals as soon as they arrive at your home, minimizing any interference between them (this interference occurs mainly immediately before dialing, not while talking or dowloading).
It also helps a LOT if you re-wire your house's phone connection, preferably with an Ethernet cable (cat5), which has a much lower impedance (much less loss of signal).
You have no say on the quality of the signal the telecom gives to you (it is usually not very good; wiring for POTS is frequenty old, corroded and mended), but if you want a better connection, do yourself a favour: measure your SNR (Signal-to-Noise-Ratio, also know as Signal over Noise or Noise Margin - all routers offer to show it); then install the POTS Splitter at the point the phone line entres your house; measure the SNR again (it must have increased), if your problems were fixed, it's all; if not you will need to change the wires. You will be able to get a better connection, more stable, and a "cleaner" voice phone also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Little Box, May 2, 2013
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
I wasn't expecting miracles from this little box as far as ADSL performance, but was hoping it would help organize my wiring and make it more reliable. Oddly enough, my downstream performance didn't improve (as expected), but my upstream speeds actually did (not expected). I wrote it off to the usual variables, but the upstream speeds have remained consistent. It also has the added benefit of allowing me to get rid of all those nasty little indoor filters. It works as advertised and appears to be well made. I have to confess that I clipped off the spade lugs and didn't use the screw terminals. I decided to use 3M branded butt connectors instead. This allowed for nice oxidation protected connections and an uncluttered box. I'm basically "old school" and prefer using old refurbished Western Electric wired handsets. I just got tired of the wave of the foreign cheap garbage you buy at the "big box" stores. I think they still have the best quality (and work well with the reviewed product). Although I don't think it necessary, I'd certainly recommend this POTS Splitter.

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience with the POTS Splitter SE-649A1, July 4, 2013
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
According to the artical I read on this splitter, it would speed up your service if you have five or more items on your phone live, other phones, fax machines etc. I had three phones and an answering machine. So my speed didn't change at all. But I was able to remove all the other filters on my phones. So that helped. It's relatively easy to install. But one probably should consider about getting one only if they have five or more machines on their line first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, but don't expect miracles, July 5, 2011
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
My phone lines seemed very noisy after activating DSL, and I suspected this was reducing my bandwidth, so I invested in this splitter. Installation was straightforward, although the instructions would benefit from a little more clarity about handling common 4-wire residential phone lines, and Suttle never responded to a question sent to their support email box.

The voice lines are noticeably cleaner with this filter in place, but the DSL signal hasn't appreciably improved, so I guess local noise wasn't the issue. If nothing else, adding this filter allowed me to make a cleaner installation, with the DSL modem moved into the garage near the phone line entry point.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSL Outdoor POTS Splitter, June 26, 2010
Charco (CLINTON, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Excellent splitter...Solved problem with DSL loosing communication. Isolates data line from voice line. Was able to eliminate indoor filters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speeding up your DSL, January 24, 2013
Deborah L. Bigelow (Fredericksburg, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
Researched how to speed up your DSL and found that using this device was suppose to help. I must say that it does. This little splitter seperates the voice and the data, which means your DSL isn't running through all the wiring throughout your entire home. I also pulled a dedicated Cat 5 cable directly to the phone jack where the DSL comes into the room where the modem is.
I also bought a high speed jacketed RJ 11 cable to go from the phone jack directly to the modem. I have Verizon as my DSL provider and I went from .50mbps speed rating to 1.20mbps. The install was quite simple and it comes with a wiring diagram. This splitter is simple and straight forward, if you buy a few extras to go along with it - you can get faster DSL speeds.

MB

4.0 out of 5 stars Solved problems with old house wiring, August 12, 2012
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
This is a nice way to keep your DSL off your house wiring - important if your house is older and DSL has trouble keeping a connection. Putting this splitter in and running a new wire for the DSL has made my DSL work much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great splitter, July 15, 2014
This review is from: o SUTTLE 1 o - Outdoor POTS Splitter (Office Product)
very good, i recommend this splitter to anyone with dsl problems, use cat5 or cat6 cable and you are good to go

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›