Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Candlebox Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Color: Aqua5800 - Pink - Dual Screen|Change

on June 11, 2013
Much like you are doing now, i did read reviews about this camera before ordering. I wanted a waterproof camera to use on a vacation to Cancun. We have a very nice Cannon, but i knew we would snorkel and such so I wanted something cheaper we could use for that.

This camera turned out to be awesome for us. It is exactly what it says. We took many pictures above and below the water with this and nearly all turned out great. First, it does not have great image stabilization. The object in the pic can be moving, but not the camera. Its a $50 camera, so what do you expect. Admittedly the window is not bright enough to see well outdoors, and the resolution on the window is not good either. However, it is still an 18 MP camera. When we transferred the pics to our PC, they are much better than expected. it does record video but the resolution is not good (SVGA).

Understanding a cameras limits on power, we did purchase lithium batteries for it as designed. We took 108 pictures (all in high sunlight so no flash was used) but we still had 3/4 left on the batteries. I never changed them out on our 5 day trip and still have plenty left. It did come with cheap batteries, but we did not use them. I sure it would not have gone well.

I have no problem opening the door, i just read the instructions. push the lock while sliding. Opened right up and we were set.

All in all, if you are apprehensive because of a few of the reviews, please let me say this this camera took our 10th anniversary pictures and these were the best of the bunch because we took them in and on the water where we could not take our other camera, and you cant tell the difference between the two when we look at them on the PC.
33 comments|412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
Used it yesterday for the first time! Got some pretty good shots - at least I think so. Only thing I would say is that it is difficult to see the screen under water so it was point, shoot and hope I get what I want in the pic!
review image
22 comments|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2015
Purchased this camera for a trip to Hawaii. Ended up taking over 300+ pics both in and out of the water.

I thought the pics came out good, not great. Main challenge was the zoom, too much equals fuzzy pics. Video was good.

This camera is confirmed water proof. I went deep enough that my ears cracked but this camera held its own. The big back screen is nice and the front selfie screen is unique but its difficult to see in sun or under water.

Only major gripe is battery life. I don't know what the one reviewer did to have their battery last five days but my camera was the Cookie Monster of batteries "Me want batteries!", "Me eat batteries!". I went through the ones that came with it, 2 Duracell's, and 4 sets of Energizers in 7 days and that's with me, after having read the previous reviews, being very conservative with its use. Flash seemed to almost equal instance death and videos ate up a good chunk of power as well. This is not a deal breaker though since having a couple of pairs of rechargeable batteries solves the problem.

I'm happy with the purchase and now have an inexpensive but decent quality camera (for the money) that I can take to the beach or the pool without fear!
review image review image review image
33 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2012
I give it 4 stars because I bought mine for a specific purpose and it works for me but if you want it as your primary camera I wouldn't recommend it. I would buy it if I already have a good camera at home but I need a tough one to take to the beach, raffting, snokeling... (up to 3 meters so if you want it for scuba diving, this is not the camera for you)
The batteries don't last much but you can fix the problem buying litium batteries.
Best about the camera: It's very light, tough, cheap ( I only paid 35 dollars, the price of 3 one-time-use cameras) and you can take it everywhere.
Worst: Batteries AAA won't last, slow flash and pictures are just OK.
Mine came with a pair of batteries and a case. The memory card wasn't included.
I hope it helps!
0Comment|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2011
A great camera for a little money. Worked great underwater and also above water. Pictures were clear. My only suggestion would bring a lot of batteries. It eats them up! Took it on a cruise and on a snorkel trip. Pictures were fantastic.
review image
22 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
Good camera for the price you pay. Easy to use, decent photos.
on April 5, 2013
When I first got the camera I was thinking that it was a little flimsy. However, when I took it snorkeling and got some great pics of my boys swimming with the turtles, I was very impressed! It takes very clear photos and is small and lightweight! I would highly recommend this product to anyone wanting an underwater camera for a trip that is inexpensive!
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
I wanted an underwater camera for a trip which would include snorkeling...to get some shots of fish, coral and family. Was looking for something not too expensive for perhaps one time or infrequent use. This camera is pretty easy to operate. The pics came out clear and sharp (the water was very clear and the sun was bright). The only disadvantage is that it is very hard to see on the screen what you are shooting in the sun or underwater. I just aimed and hoped, and most of them came out good. Tried to take multiples so it was more likely to end up with a good pic. The 2 AAA batteries went fairly fast so I carried extra. For the price, I am satisfied and will use it again.
11 comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2013
I was a little bit worried about buying this camera after reading some of the negative reviews. However, with the low price it was less expensive than buying disposable underwater cameras for my trip and then getting them developed. I bought this for a trip that my husand and I took to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We took this camera everywhere with us. My husband used it while snorkling and we used it in the pool etc. The pictures that were taken under water are not bright colored but the water at Xcaret and Xel-Ha is not crystal clear and so it would have taken a very high quality picture to get the bright colored pictures. Our kids loved seeing the pictures of fish that he took. The blue of the fish is nice and bright. It is only the water itself that looks murky in the pictures, because it was murky water

We did buy a float for the camera so that we would not have to worry about losing it in the water on the river swims. This made it so much easier to use the camera. We could pass the camera back and forth between us even while in deeper water.

As some other reviews have mentioned, yes this camera does use batteries quickly. It takes 2 AAA batteries. I found that I was getting around 30 to 40 pictures out of each set of batteries. We used Rayovac batteries. With my regular digital camera I can get around 100 pictures from each set of 2 AA batteries so yes, it is a little pricier on the battery consumption but to me it was worth it. We went through one package of 8 AAA batteries on our trip and we were able to capture everything on camera to share with our family when we returned. We never could have done that with our regular digital camera with how much time we spent around water.

The pictures taken above water turned out crystal clear and are of the same quality as our regular camera. I would definately recommend this camera to my family and friends. In fact, right after we returned from our trip our nephew borrowed this camera to take on a trip that he and his wife were taking to Hawaii for their anniversary.

Oh, and one thing that I absolutely love about this camera is the dual screens. You can use it as a regular camera, looking through the back screen or you can push a little button on the top of the camera and you can use the screen that is in the front of the camera so that you can see to take self portraits. This is very valuable while on vacation.
on June 30, 2015
Bought this camera to go snorkeling and the pictures came out so much better than I expected.
review image review image review image review image