4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good secondary camera
I give it 4 stars because I bought mine for a specific purpose and it works for me but if you want it as your primary camera I wouldn't recommend it. I would buy it if I already have a good camera at home but I need a tough one to take to the beach, raffting, snokeling... (up to 3 meters so if you want it for scuba diving, this is not the camera for you)
The...
Published on October 29, 2012 by ELF

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay I guess....
I am a professional photographer so I never expected too much from these camera's but that being said They are really not worth the 55$ each I paid for them.

Published 23 months ago by Mom

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good secondary camera, October 29, 2012
The batteries don't last much but you can fix the problem buying litium batteries.
Best about the camera: It's very light, tough, cheap ( I only paid 35 dollars, the price of 3 one-time-use cameras) and you can take it everywhere.
Worst: Batteries AAA won't last, slow flash and pictures are just OK.
Mine came with a pair of batteries and a case. The memory card wasn't included.
I hope it helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do your homework and you will love this camera, June 11, 2013
Much like you are doing now, i did read reviews about this camera before ordering. I wanted a waterproof camera to use on a vacation to Cancun. We have a very nice Cannon, but i knew we would snorkel and such so I wanted something cheaper we could use for that.

This camera turned out to be awesome for us. It is exactly what it says. We took many pictures above and below the water with this and nearly all turned out great. First, it does not have great image stabilization. The object in the pic can be moving, but not the camera. Its a $50 camera, so what do you expect. Admittedly the window is not bright enough to see well outdoors, and the resolution on the window is not good either. However, it is still an 18 MP camera. When we transferred the pics to our PC, they are much better than expected. it does record video but the resolution is not good (SVGA).

Understanding a cameras limits on power, we did purchase lithium batteries for it as designed. We took 108 pictures (all in high sunlight so no flash was used) but we still had 3/4 left on the batteries. I never changed them out on our 5 day trip and still have plenty left. It did come with cheap batteries, but we did not use them. I sure it would not have gone well.

I have no problem opening the door, i just read the instructions. push the lock while sliding. Opened right up and we were set.

All in all, if you are apprehensive because of a few of the reviews, please let me say this this camera took our 10th anniversary pictures and these were the best of the bunch because we took them in and on the water where we could not take our other camera, and you cant tell the difference between the two when we look at them on the PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underwater camera for the price!, April 5, 2013
When I first got the camera I was thinking that it was a little flimsy. However, when I took it snorkeling and got some great pics of my boys swimming with the turtles, I was very impressed! It takes very clear photos and is small and lightweight! I would highly recommend this product to anyone wanting an underwater camera for a trip that is inexpensive!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for snorkeling, March 13, 2013
This review is from: SVP 18MP Pink WP6800 2.4" LCD Digital Waterproof Camera (Electronics)
I wanted an underwater camera for a trip which would include snorkeling...to get some shots of fish, coral and family. Was looking for something not too expensive for perhaps one time or infrequent use. This camera is pretty easy to operate. The pics came out clear and sharp (the water was very clear and the sun was bright). The only disadvantage is that it is very hard to see on the screen what you are shooting in the sun or underwater. I just aimed and hoped, and most of them came out good. Tried to take multiples so it was more likely to end up with a good pic. The 2 AAA batteries went fairly fast so I carried extra. For the price, I am satisfied and will use it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars SVP Aqua WP5300 Underwater digital camera, May 31, 2011
A great camera for a little money. Worked great underwater and also above water. Pictures were clear. My only suggestion would bring a lot of batteries. It eats them up! Took it on a cruise and on a snorkel trip. Pictures were fantastic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay I guess...., January 13, 2013

The camera does as it says, it seems to be waterproof and does take pictures from both screens but there is a HORRIBLE DELAY from the time that you press the shutter button to when the picture is actually taken. There is almost 3 seconds in the delay. I purchased 3 of these cameras for Christmas Presents this year, 2 for the kids and 1 for my husband who is an avid hunter.
For the kids the camera would be ok. As long as their friends have a little paitents and hold the smile for 3-5 seconds after the shutter button is pressed.
My husband took it out hunting early in the morning when it was raining. The water didn't damage the camera at all, but the delay in the shutter was too much to catch wildlife in action.
PICTURE QUALITY is NOT AT ALL what other 18MP camera's generally produce. The shots are blury, grainy, too dark, or over exposed. No light meter I have in my collection seemed to help the problem. Used in my studio by the kids to "test the camera's out" we found it extremely hard to get even a few quality photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Small Camera, January 17, 2013
This little camera is great for the beach or for the snow slopes. With a depth of 10 feet maybe even the pool. The pictures are average quality but awfully nice for an active person on the move. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, August 17, 2013
I was a little bit worried about buying this camera after reading some of the negative reviews. However, with the low price it was less expensive than buying disposable underwater cameras for my trip and then getting them developed. I bought this for a trip that my husand and I took to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We took this camera everywhere with us. My husband used it while snorkling and we used it in the pool etc. The pictures that were taken under water are not bright colored but the water at Xcaret and Xel-Ha is not crystal clear and so it would have taken a very high quality picture to get the bright colored pictures. Our kids loved seeing the pictures of fish that he took. The blue of the fish is nice and bright. It is only the water itself that looks murky in the pictures, because it was murky water

We did buy a float for the camera so that we would not have to worry about losing it in the water on the river swims. This made it so much easier to use the camera. We could pass the camera back and forth between us even while in deeper water.

As some other reviews have mentioned, yes this camera does use batteries quickly. It takes 2 AAA batteries. I found that I was getting around 30 to 40 pictures out of each set of batteries. We used Rayovac batteries. With my regular digital camera I can get around 100 pictures from each set of 2 AA batteries so yes, it is a little pricier on the battery consumption but to me it was worth it. We went through one package of 8 AAA batteries on our trip and we were able to capture everything on camera to share with our family when we returned. We never could have done that with our regular digital camera with how much time we spent around water.

The pictures taken above water turned out crystal clear and are of the same quality as our regular camera. I would definately recommend this camera to my family and friends. In fact, right after we returned from our trip our nephew borrowed this camera to take on a trip that he and his wife were taking to Hawaii for their anniversary.

Oh, and one thing that I absolutely love about this camera is the dual screens. You can use it as a regular camera, looking through the back screen or you can push a little button on the top of the camera and you can use the screen that is in the front of the camera so that you can see to take self portraits. This is very valuable while on vacation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Alternative to Disposable, March 8, 2013
Purchased this camera with it's mixed reviews as we'd used a disposable underwater camera last year. The cost to print the pictures from the disposable camera were more than the camera itself (over $20). Factor in the ability to delete pics that don't turn out and this camera was well worth the price. At 18 MP, the quality was as good or better than a disposable and it has a built-in flash. The downside - it comes with cheap AA batteries that won't last. Better batteries lasted longer but take along extras as it seems to drain them quickly. Doesn't take great pics above water, but served it's purpose well. Upside - we can use it again and again. Underwater pics are better than a disposable camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the price, October 18, 2011
Lee Braddock (Lake Worth, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I read some complaits that this camera runs through batteries quickly. This simply isn't true if you use good batteries designed for electronic devices. I used the energizer E^2 and used it on several trips over the summer and am still on the first two batteries.
The reason I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars is the lens easily holds a drop or two of water and ruins photos. I think they could fix that with a lens cover that was flat and easy to quickly wiped off prior to taking a picture. We did a lot of tubing trips this summer and this camera held up great even strapped to my wrist while paddeling.
Other than that, we've got our money's worth out of this camera and it's still working perfectly.