Top positive review
216 people found this helpful
Great for the price
on January 11, 2012
I bought this washlet to replace an older washlet from a company that no longer sells in the USA. I had lived in Japan for awhile and got spoiled using them, so I have some things to compare.
(1) comfort: the seat is a nice shape, but if you are very wide your right leg might hit the controls. On my previous washlet, the controls were lower than the seat and caused no interference.
(2) water spray: the standard spray seems a bit sharp (almost like a water pic), but does a good job. There is a soft wash for those with "problems" down there. The adjustable position feature is nice, and something my old model lacked.
(3) heated seat - works well, but I haven't tried the eco feature yet, as I want a warm toliet in case I need to use it at 2am sometime.
(4) no air dryer - my old model had a built-in air dryer, but I never used it so I don't miss it.
(5) no air filter - my old model had a charcoal filter to vent the nasty smells. I actually like not having it, as it was annoying to have a fan running anytime I was sitting on the toliet.
(6) water tank size - I was worried, since my old model had a huge tank on the side under the controls. This one seems to spray warm water as long as the old could - more than long enough to clean yourself.
(7) installation - very easy, once you have an electric outlet near the toliet (most people will need an electrician to do this - I put in the outlet during a tear-down remodel.)