can i use Canon SX30IS with Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras ? I like to buy this Canon SX30IS and i dont know if the lens Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras is working with. Please help!!! Sorry for the bad english
asked by Laurentiu Mirea on February 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I understand you to be asking if you can use a Canon EF75-300 telephoto lens on a Canon SX30IS camera. The answer is no.

The SX30IS is a Point and Shoot camera, not a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex). Point and Shoot cameras for the most part do not have removable lens. Therefore you can not replace the existing telephoto lens that comes on the SX30IS with the Canon 75-300 lens intended for a DSLR. The SX30IS lens is integrated into the design of the camera.

If you are looking for a camera where you can exchange lenses, then you best option would be to get a DSLR where you can remove the lens. You could also consider a 4/3 system camera, but they do not use lenses intended for DSLR cameras.
BruceH answered on February 8, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The FA-DC67A filter adapter allows you to screw on threaded accessories (with a 67mm diameter) to the end of your camera's lens. For example, you could get a 67mm circular polarizing filter which can be adjusted to give you richer blue skies, suppress reflections and make foliage appear more vibrant.
Technology Guy answered on March 15, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for your answer. I apreciate this.
Laurentiu Mirea answered on February 9, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can this camera accomodate the Raynox DCR 2020 telephoto conversion attachment? I currently use my Raynox on a Fuji S5100 with a ring adapter.
AT answered on March 8, 2011

A
The Canon SX30is is not intended to use telephoto lens attachments. I have read however, they can work.

I have also read that by doing this you may be adding unanticipated weight to the original lens and possible wear falfunction to the lens motor due to added weight.

Additionally, I have read (from those who have done this) that the pictures turn out awefully bad. And from my experience using the SX30is, the original photo quality is nothing to brag about. So if you're really intent on doing this, be prepared for some pretty crappy pictures.
freestyleFrEaK answered on March 9, 2011

A
hi, i just got a Canon sx30is because i like photography but i'm new in this hobby. i would like to know what does the FA-DC67A filter adapter do?
Luis A. Miranda Nunez answered on March 15, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›