Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 30, 2010
These bulbs are excellent! Buy 130v instead of 120v and they will last longer as little electrical spikes won't blow them. Also, they are made in the United States. Most bulbs are coming from China these days. Let's support domestic manufacturing.
on August 27, 2011
I hate fluorescent-there, I've said it. The long fluorescent ceiling bulbs in my office were turned off when I was worked and a lamp was on my desk. So I wasn't buying the push toward curlique fluorescent bulbs. I gave them a try, but the cold light truly was 'cold.' I'd rather turn the lamps off when not in use, unplug before bed but use regular bulbs.

A few weeks ago (its now 8.26.11) a read that in a year or so light bulbs as we know them will be discontinued altogether, not available only fluorescent will be sold. I'm too old to be an anarchist but this is intolerable, so I've stocked up and suggest you do the same. Great deal, good quality, warm glow.
on July 29, 2011
I had read some reviews (not for this item, but similar) that mentioned how some fraction of the bulbs were bad. None of mine were.

Remains to be seen how long they last, of course.
on February 16, 2013
I am so pleased with this purchase. Every bulb arrived unbroken. The packaging for such fragile items was exceptional. I am storing up while I can on the incandescent bulbs I need, now that our ever intrusive government will be making them illegal to purchase, starting out with the 100 watt bulbs, and then followed by the 75's, then the 60's, etc. Unless you are willing to keep the so-called newer "energy smart" bulbs on continuously, they soon burn out (don't believe the 5 year hype on those things) and then you have to deal with the fact that not only are they all made in China, but they also contain mercury and require special disposal to protect the environment. Unlike GE, the Sylvania bulbs are still made here in America and the price for 24 bulbs was great. Plus, when you turn them on, these come to full brightness immediately, unlike the newer "energy saving" bulbs. Perhaps the newer LED bulbs will prove to be an effective alternative, but at the moment, they are too expensive, the color and brightness are uncomfortable, and they are still better suited for nightlights. I am completely happy with the purchase of these Sylvania incandescent bulbs and likely will be making another.
on March 3, 2013
They are exactly what they say. Incandescent bulbs. They came on time and are packaged in bubble wrap so not one bulb out of a case of 48 was broken. Yes, I checked. But it wouldn't have mattered, honestly. The most important thing about them is they aren't those new bulbs that give off a greenish light that makes your room look like the office in Joe vs the Volcano! It beats me how something can be called "eco-friendly" if you need an instruction book to safely dispose of them when they burn out. I'm so glad Amazon still has regular bulbs. I'll keep ordering them by the case as long as I can.
on January 23, 2013
Got a few cases of these from Amazon to stock up before they're no longer available, I have sensitive eyes and I find the quality of the light from the new style lightbulbs off putting. I was concerned about shipping, but Amazon did an excellent job as always and all my lightbulbs arrived in tact. I've installed 7 or 8 of them in lamps, all worked perfectly as expected, no duds so far, I'm very happy with them.
on April 13, 2013
I purchase three boxes of these light bulbs because they were still available. I have not adjusted to the new replacement lamps that are on the shellves today. The prices are too high for my blood and I previously bought flourescent blub in the past which did not last as long. I guess it has to do with spike in the electic lines and that is why I chose the 130 volt ratings. An additional feature of these bulbs is that I do not have to worry about the msds for disposal. As far as shipment, I received two broken bulbs out of seventy-two bulbs because the boxes were not bubble-wrapped as previous orders. Not bad for breakable items.
on April 19, 2015
it's an incandescent light bulb....
the ones I bought, worked perfectly for the task that was required.
Since they have outlawed the incandescent bulbs, The Xenon & the LED's are the only 2 kinds of bulbs I will buy.

CFL's do not put out enough light to sit me...PLUS, they have a reputation of exploding like a bomb & burning down your home,hence another reason why I refuse to use or buy CFL bulbs.
on February 22, 2015
Several of the bulbs arrived broken; several more lasted only a few days (or hours!) before they blew. One or two lasted a reasonable length of time. A complete crap shoot - you never know whether the bulb is going to be worth screwing in. Definitely NOT a bargain - buy your bulbs in person from a bricks-and-mortar store.
Incandescent, out of manufacture, by government mandate. Yep you need to clear out your linen closet for storage room. Start buying as many as you can. Soon these critters will be like stocking gold. You may have to buy an AR15 to protect them. Can you say eBay gouging?

Soon incandescent will be struck front he vocabulary like newspeak. Our kids will not be taught the technology. Manufacturers will go on welfare. As the last incandescent will burn in some obscured basement.

For those people like me that had to change their dimmers from rheostats to today's digital dimmers, once again we will need to rip them out of the walls to fill the trash dumps and replace them with florescent compatible technology dimmers.

In the mean time this is a good product and I intend to use it for years to come.