5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!
I purchased a set of these Steak Knives as a gift and was totally suprised by the excellent quality! Well, back I came to buy several sets for myself! I highly recommend them and now is the time to buy - while on sale at such a great price!
Published on July 9, 2002

These knives were bought through a gold box special offer. I was moving and didn't have time to locate wooden handled steak knives. For the price, they were more than adequate. They are not made cheaply and appear to wear well.

I was a little disappointed with the cutting surface though. The picture representation is true to form.

They are adequate -...
Published on January 6, 2007 by C. Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!, July 9, 2002
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Prosteel steak knives, April 16, 2012
M. Diamond (carlsbad, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
I love these knives for what they do. My only complaint is the heaviness . The handles are way too heavy and cumbersome. I have to do a balancing act with them, for them to stay on the plate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knives at a Great Price, July 31, 2002
Elizabeth A. Keep (Ellsworth, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
I was happily surprised to discover that for once I got much more than I paid for. They cut the through thick and thin with ease and, as a side benefit, they are great at cutting rolls and baguettes. After I got my initial set, I returned and got 6 sets for Christmas presents (plus another for me). The handy wooden tray is an added bonus and is also of good quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little heavy and the cutting surface more jagged than expected, January 6, 2007
This review is from: Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)

They are adequate - I still want my wooden handled steak knives though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine steak knives, July 26, 2002
Chris D McCoy (Largo, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
Sabatier is the name, China is the manufacture point...given the
design of the blades, serrated which is wise, and the fine work
done to arrive at the finished product, a true winner for anyone
in need of a good steak set, for an amazing price.Delivery was
within 3 calendar days, could not be more pleased.Would make a
great gift for a couple just starting a home...shop on for more
cutlery here, I have ! It takes the right tools for any job, and
being trained in Culinary Arts,I cannot use an amalgam of hand me downs and dull trash.Hats off to Amazon.com I say.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look closely, April 11, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set (Kitchen)
These knives may have "ergonomic" handles, but they look really strange in a place setting. I do not like the handles, and I think they are too big compared with the blade. The blade is serrated. It works like most other serrated steak knives. Another reviewer mentioned that the fat handles do not fit easily into the drawer, and this is true. The blades will get spots if put into the dishwasher. Not bad for the price, but not something that looks good on the dinner table.

Sabatier Prosteel 4-Piece Steak Knife Set