Extremely fast and providing a shimmering modern bright sound with innovative Dynamic Focus at all volumes., the 19-inch Sabian AAX X-Treme Chinese cymbal offers a bright, biting response that's big, trashy, and brash.
AAX Line Key Features
- Dynamic Focus design delivers shimmering modern bright responses at all volumes.
- Hand-guided, high-pressure hammering for instant response.
- Hand-cut, pinpoint lathing maximizes sensitivity for increased dynamic range.
- High-profile shape for brighter, more explosive and cutting responses.
- Various designs, some including raw bell or holes, for wide range of sounds.
- Made of pure Sabian B20 bronze--20 percent tin, 80 percent copper, and traces of silver.
- All Sabian B20 bronze cymbals are quality protected by a two-year warranty
Tap it. Thrash it. With its 'Dynamic Focus' design delivering total response accuracy at every volume, only AAX lets you work all the dynamic levels, from low volume to high, with total control. In the studio or on stage, in every style of music, only AAX delivers such consistently bright, crisp, clear, and cutting responses. AAX is the ultimate Modern Bright sound.
Dynamic Focus. The first modern B20 cymbal design concept, 'Dynamic Focus' delivers total control by eliminating volume threshold and distortion. The bright attack, the shimmering sustain, and the ability of AAX to perform with excellence at all volumes lets your playing shine.
What They're Saying
"The arrival of AAX changed everything. It's so efficient, so effective, so modern." --Daniel Adair
"AAX is a secret weapon. Tap it or slam it, it always delivers. I mix AAX and APX. Now that's a wicked combo!" --Ray Luzier
Play the Right Cymbals
Every cymbal has its strengths and limitations. Hitting a smaller or thinner cymbal harder and harder to get a bigger sound or make it louder isn't the answer. It wasn't designed to be so loud. So don't use small, thin cymbals for high-volume, hard-hitting playing (unless you want a contrast in your set-up... but don't hit them as hard as the rest.) For volume, power and durability, choose bigger and heavier models. And consider the brighter sounding series, like AA, AAX, PRO and Sonix. Their sounds are higher pitched and more effective at cutting through a loud band. Lower pitched series, like Hand Hammered and HHX, also offer models suitable for powering any style of music.