5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pull the rose from my teeth
Published on October 4, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars where's the producer?
Published on November 12, 2006 by Illia Levi Loria

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pull the rose from my teeth, October 4, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
I don't claim to know much about Flamenco. That said, I like this CD. The fast pieces are played exceptionally well with distinct delineation of each note and clear flourishes. The slower pieces are more romantic and played with feeling. I bought a Serrano album in the 1970s and played it until worn out. Thankfully, the sound quality of this CD will never diminish. Serrano's guitar playing is different from others--Serrano's fingering seems more precise and he excels in the higher octaves and he emphasizes melody. The first 3 pieces on this CD have haunting melodies and are quite beautiful--my repeat button is getting a lot of use. I often listen to this CD in the car on my way home from work because it puts me in a good mood. To be noted, this is all instrumental--no singing (which is a plus in my book)--and the subtle use of background castanets in several pieces makes one just want to dance.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Flamenco CD, September 14, 2005
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
I have always enjoyed Flamenco music and have several CDs which I play frequently. I purchased this Sabor Flamenco CD just a few weeks ago and couldn't believe my ears the first time I played it. It is fantastic! I play it along with my other Flamenco CDs several times a week in random mode and when Juan Serrano's songs play, I stop whatever I am doing and listen closely. I like focusing on each of the different sounds and yes, it makes me want to dance! I can just imagine what it would be like to see him in a live concert. If he had more CDs available I would buy them for sure. His music makes me feel happy and energetic. This is a great CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Muy Bueno!, October 31, 2004
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
I'm currently studying Flamenco guitar with Maestro Serrano, so I suppose I'm a little biased. This CD is wonderful. I get chills everytime I listen to it. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice fusion flamenco CD, July 21, 2010
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
An all-time great flamenco guitarist Juan Serrano takes a new approach to the art with this recording of very nice flamenco-flavored rhythms. The music is more Caribbean or South American than Andalusian but is still a wonderful program of Spanish melodies and fusion flamenco in the style of Paco de Lucia. The second guitar and the percussion effects add spice to Serrano's master's touch, and the rumbas are a delight to listen to. A great CD for flamenco aficionados.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aggressive and stylish flamenco guitar., August 29, 2010
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
I have been listening to Mr. Serano's music since the early '70'. I like the fact that this is a solo album. What you haveSabor Flamenco here is all his and without studio tricks. Though not his best album, it is still a lively one. I think Mr. Serano is the finest flamenco player ever, exceeding Sabicas, Carlos Montoya, and Manitas de Plata.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flamenco guitar, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
One of the best guitars ever. I would recommend it to anyone who loves guitar or who is learning to play guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, May 22, 2009
Allison Doak (doaktown nb canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
i received the of juan serranno it was great i bought his guitar music book 20 years a go this cd had all of the songs of his now i no what it suppose to sound like when playing his flamenco music. thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, May 6, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
Juan Serrano has been acclaimed as the best flamenco guitarist in the world and his incredible musical execution has been witnessed and enjoyed by millions around the world. Serrano has drawn awe and praise from his audiences, aficionados, critics and artistic peers.
Serrano's mastery of flamenco not only comes from his many years of discipline and study of guitar, but also because he was born and raised in Cordoba, Spain, the birthplace of this rich and dazzling music.

3.0 out of 5 stars where's the producer?, November 12, 2006
This review is from: Sabor Flamenco (Audio CD)
Been an avid flamenco fan and having listened to the recordings of Juan Serrano through his books, I might said that this recording is not exciting I consider his performance rather sloppy without a clear direction. He is joined with a second guitar and percussion throughout the whole album. It starts with a rumba wich is actually a mixed version of a Sabicas's rumba and Paco de Lucia's Entre 2 aguas. Then there are tarantas, fandangos and certain titles uncommon like Danzon, Bolero and Romance which are again met with the same lack of production problem. The more exciting number is Panaderos which is a brilliant interpretation of the famous title from Manolo Sanlucar

5.0 out of 5 stars Serrano is "maestro de su gran arte!", October 11, 2014
Have the earlier record. This dvd is fabulous! Kathy Harmon Baxter

Sabor Flamenco
Sabor Flamenco by Juan Serrano (Audio CD - 1992)
Click for more info