Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

14,516
Color: 4-Port USB 2.0 (Black)|Change

on October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.
review image
66 comments| 556 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
I just received this item and it does work, but use caution when using it with external hard drives. It seems that any action, such as turning on or off a switch, as well as plugging in or unplugging a device from any of the other ports not currently in use causes a temporary power disruption and will throw your external hard drive off. In other words, you get the warning message that the drive was not properly disconnected. And as this can be bad for hard drives, be sure to properly eject your expansion & flash drives before turning off or on any of the ports and before adding or removing any connections.
1919 comments| 825 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2015
I recently got this hub to replace a slower, older one and to be able to leave things plugged into it while only taking up on USB port on my laptop. Once I got it, I decided to see if I could make it cry. I am impressed. I plugged in my KVM, a thumb drive, my cell phone and an external HDD just for fun. Each device either came up immediately or did so once I bounced the switch on the hub. My cell phone says it is slowly charging and recommends that I use it's charger but that is not what I connected it to the hub for. I wanted to see if I could move data back and forth between phone, laptop, external HDD and thumbdrive and yes, I was able to move a folder with it's content across all devices. Another important thing is that the external drive comes with one of those two headed USB plugs in case it needs more juice to run and I did not have to connect the power USB connector. The HDD is running fine, off the hub, with just the data cable hook up. This means I can leave stuff plugged into the hub and connect everything to me laptop with only one USB connection. The individual on-off buttons are just icing on the cake. I am buying a second unit.
on January 9, 2015
Just received this today on time. It appears to work well, the USB slots were a bit tight and did require some pressure to get them in. My main purpose was to leave this in the office attached to the wireless keyboard and mouse because my husband and I swap out laptops often. This should suit our needs well. I'll update this later with a better review later once we get it broken in and well tested. But for now here are some pictures and the specs in English that were on the back.

*Blue LED to Indicate power status for each port
*Data transfer speeds up to 480Mbps
*Four downstream ports support high-speed (480Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps)
*supports up to 127 devices by daisy-chaining multiple hubs
*some power-intense USB devices may require a AC-Powered USB hub
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2015
Here is my review of the Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub and 5V/2.5A power adapter Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs included 5V/2.5A power adapter (HB-UMP3):

My laptop has only 2 usb3.0 ports, and I have a plethora of devices that I have to plug in. Ethernet to usb, external hard drive, mouse, flash drives. And I really needed something to fit my needs. I found many devices that I thought would fit my needs, some looked tad nice than this one (with brushed aluminum and sleeker designs), but this was the best one I could find that had a power adapter. One main concern I had was powering my external hard drive. I didn't want it to run on low power, which can damage the drive. And having multiple devices plugged into one port doesn't supply them all with the right amount of power. So this one it is!

I received the item from my residence hall's front desk (go college!). Prime 2 day shipping worked like a breeze (unlike last time...). As soon as i received the box, i turned it on its side to carry it with one hand: and I could feel the contents of the box shift and smack the bottom of the box. My heart sank. I bought this with the UTechSmart Uranus mouse (review here: ). Opening returning to my room I opened it and found that they had only but bubble wrap between the two items, and not around the two items. What idiot packed my box?!?!?! I was hoping nothing would be DOA because of shipping.

The actual box for this was fairly nice. Sleek black cardboard, well wrapped parts. Came with the hub and attached usb cord and a nice long power adapter. I opened it up and plugged it in! I decided to try all my items one at a time. First the Ethernet. Plugged it in and... nothing. Tried different ports, tried turning on and off the buttons. Nothing. Unplugged the hub, replugged, and still nothing. Losing hope I unplugged everything, replugged, and it worked?! After further testing with various devices, I think I believe it is this. If you unplug without ejecting the hub, my CPU doesn't like it and has issues reconnecting the devices later. So after a small heart attack it works.

Pros:

power adapter (5'8")
4 USB3.0 ports
buttons to turn items on and off
works well with all my various devices
speed seems to be doing fine as well

Cons:

Only comes in blue
LEDs only light up the bottom half of the buttons
ports are super tight, all devices have to be forced in and out
USB cord is a tad short. Would have liked to see a few more inches on it
Bit finicky with disconnecting and reconnecting

Overall:

Has lots of pros and cons. Cons are a few things that I can work around, so I am happy it works. For 16$ it’s not bad. Will edit if something comes up later. Due to the issues I've had, only 4/5 stars for the product. If I could give amazon a separate rating, it would probably be 2/5 stars. (one star up from my last shipment)
I have several usb hubs. External USB hubs really save on the wear-and-tear of using your computer's valuable usb ports. Relying on your computer's port adds extra strain on the motherboard not to mention slowing down app's that are open.

The ideal situation is to have a usb hub that draws its power from the ac and to be a separate external connection to your computer.

What separates the "older" model usb hubs from the newer one is the devices total output ability.

THIS is why this hub is very good. It has a maximum output of 900mA over the four hubs.

When I use usb hubs, I bypass plugging it into a computer because you'll inevitably put unnecessary strain on the motherboard. Use a usb-ac adapter (like in the video).

***

This Sabrent is excellent because I could never charge more than 2 devices without the device flashing red, indicating to unplug one of the devices. With this Sabrent, not only have I plugged in three devices but they were

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Asus Transformer Hybrid computer
HTC Evo 3D smartphone.

A side benefit is that you have the option cutting off a port once a device has reached its maximum charge capacity.

Excellent.
4646 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2015
Friday I needlessly returned this product as defective because when I plugged it into the power adapter the individual port indicator LED's only lit for ports 2,3, and 4 when the corresponding button was depressed. I incorrectly assumed that the device was faulty and asked for an exchange which was thoughtfully overnighted to me. Imagine my dismay when exactly the same thing occurred with the replacement. I had not even bothered to connect the first unit to a USB port because the indicator LED for port 1 didn't light. This time I was curious to see if port 1 would even be recognized when the device was plugged into a USB port and a flash drive installed. I plugged the device into a USB port, depressed the button for port 1 and it's LED lit up. Apparently when connected to the power adapter alone the port 1 LED does not light up and unlike ports 2,3, and 4, only lights up when the device is connected to an active USB port on a powered up machine. It would be nice if that little tidbit of information was contained in a small explanatory note. It would have saved a great deal of time and frustration for both myself and the Amazon rep. I spoke to. Absent information to the contrary one would naturally expect all 4 ports to behave the same at all times. The manufacturers are making things needlessly difficult for themselves, their distributors and end users by omitting any helpful hints in their packaging. Further experimentation has revealed that port 1 does nor receive any power from the power adapter, only from the USB port it's connected to. One of the reasons I purchased a USB hub with a power adapter was so I could charge USB devices without having to have my computer powered up; examples being my Bluetooth headset for Dragon and a flash drive audio recorder. It's nice to be able to charge these devices without the computer running, just don't try and do it on port 1, it won't work.
I'm a software developer and have a lot of hubs, and this is one of my new favorites for portability. It's lightweight, doesn't need any power adapters, and has the individual power switches (with individual LEDs that light when on) for control. And it's USB 3.0!

The only downside is if you need a lot of power. Because this doesn't have a power adapter to supply the full amount of USB power to each port, you're limited to low power devices. Also, if you need more ports, then this probably wouldn't be what you want. But for what this product is (a small, portable, and fast 4-port USB 3.0 hub), I really like it!

NOTE: Be mindful of power limitations, like when attaching mechanical HDs, devices that suck up power to recharge, and other "high power" devices. Total power should not exceed 900mA when plugged into a standard USB 3.0 port or 500mA when plugged into a standard USB 2.0 port.

If you don't need USB 3.0 speed, and USB 2.0 will do, then you can save some money and get this instead: Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS)

NOTE: I was sent a free product sample for review.
99 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
I'm looking for a USB port with an individual switch so I bought this
one, for the price its a best buy.

so this is my review of this product.
Pros and Cons.
+Individual switch and matching individual blue light is a plus
+Push ON/OFF button for easy operation
+Not bulky design, plastic enclosure seems ok
-USB wire is short for this model but some have long cable

Im an electronic enthusiast and I know what are some flaws
to this device.
1. This is a push button switch and made of cheap switches
so expect the more you used the switch someday it will fail
2. These have individual LEd lights so if you connect this to a laptop
and you connect several devices to these USB ports on some
cases your device may not work and consumes energy from your
laptop.
3. This device dont have a separate power and it only gets power
from your laptop/desktop, you may encounter devices attached to
this USB port that will fail or not detected, that is due to no enough
power to the device.
(Try to disconnect this USB port and plug in your device directly)

overall recommends this USB port with some things to consider
1919 comments| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2015
As i expected.works fine.individual blue lit buttons for each port. I liked it.