3,305 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but use caution
Published 19 months ago by SCP

1.0 out of 5 stars Touch and Go
Very defective.

If the device moves or gets touched at all, the connection is interrupted. And if its tethered to a laptop (the most obvious use for a device that gives you more USB ports) its going to be moving a lot. This makes it unsuitable as hub to any external drives, you wouldn't want to transfer any data through that unstable connection.

Also...
Published 13 months ago by Iggie

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but use caution, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS) (Personal Computers)
I just received this item and it does work, but use caution when using it with external hard drives. It seems that any action, such as turning on or off a switch, as well as plugging in or unplugging a device from any of the other ports not currently in use causes a temporary power disruption and will throw your external hard drive off. In other words, you get the warning message that the drive was not properly disconnected. And as this can be bad for hard drives, be sure to properly eject your expansion & flash drives before turning off or on any of the ports and before adding or removing any connections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabrent 4-Port (USB 3.0) Hub[Model # HB-UM43] A Critical Review, May 28, 2014
Length:: 1:22 Mins

I have several usb hubs. External USB hubs really save on the wear-and-tear of using your computer's valuable usb ports. Relying on your computer's port adds extra strain on the motherboard not to mention slowing down app's that are open.

The ideal situation is to have a usb hub that draws its power from the ac and to be a separate external connection to your computer.

What separates the "older" model usb hubs from the newer one is the devices total output ability.

THIS is why this hub is very good. It has a maximum output of 900mA over the four hubs.

When I use usb hubs, I bypass plugging it into a computer because you'll inevitably put unnecessary strain on the motherboard. Use a usb-ac adapter (like in the video).

***

This Sabrent is excellent because I could never charge more than 2 devices without the device flashing red, indicating to unplug one of the devices. With this Sabrent, not only have I plugged in three devices but they were

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Asus Transformer Hybrid computer
HTC Evo 3D smartphone.

A side benefit is that you have the option cutting off a port once a device has reached its maximum charge capacity.

Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sabrent 4 Port USB, June 8, 2013
I'm looking for a USB port with an individual switch so I bought this
one, for the price its a best buy.

so this is my review of this product.
Pros and Cons.
+Individual switch and matching individual blue light is a plus
+Push ON/OFF button for easy operation
+Not bulky design, plastic enclosure seems ok
-USB wire is short for this model but some have long cable

Im an electronic enthusiast and I know what are some flaws
to this device.
1. This is a push button switch and made of cheap switches
so expect the more you used the switch someday it will fail
2. These have individual LEd lights so if you connect this to a laptop
and you connect several devices to these USB ports on some
cases your device may not work and consumes energy from your
laptop.
3. This device dont have a separate power and it only gets power
from your laptop/desktop, you may encounter devices attached to
this USB port that will fail or not detected, that is due to no enough
power to the device.
(Try to disconnect this USB port and plug in your device directly)

overall recommends this USB port with some things to consider

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality and low price, October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Touch and Go, November 8, 2013
Very defective.

Also the design is awkward, the cable is so short that the the slightest of shifts causes a disconnection.

And because its so touchy, you really wouldn't want to be messing with those buttons at all. I'm looking for something to replace it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works !!!, April 30, 2013
This Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and
LEDs, works just as advertized and i love the blue lights for each USB port, there is also a power switch for each USB port, so you won`t have to unplug Laptop LED Lamps that has no on/off switch or most any thing plugged into this USB hub. It works with Windows XP (I tested) Windows 7 (I tested) Vista (Not tested) I was not able to test with Windows 8, Vista or Mac, it states that it does work with them. I loved it so much i have ordered another one and plan to get one more so my 2 Desktops and my Laptop will have all the USB Ports i should ever need. Also you can daisy-chain these USB ports to a total of 127 if needed. This USB hub is 2.0, it worked fast and can work with 1.1, it worked fine for me. It arrived very quickly, i ordered this on the 26th of April and arrived the 29 of April. I am very pleased with this product and will buy from the seller Store4PC; again. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, November 12, 2013
Length:: 3:32 Mins

**[Please check out the video review for a more thorough review and added information]**

I have now had this hub from Sabrent for 3-4 weeks and it is awesome! It's small, quiet, portable, and looks great while providing great speed for transferring data. The added (optional) power adapter adds the ability to use multiple large current devices such as external drives without getting the dreaded "Not enough power" message when you overload your USB ports.

I purchased this to supplement the 2 USB ports on my macbook pro. I always want to have my iPhone cable, iPod shuffle cable, external drive, and occasionally a flash drive attached to my computer. Before a hub, this was not possible.

I previously had the Plugable USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter) and it was alright. It's only USB 2.0 so it's not as fast. If you're not familiar with USB 3.0, it transfers data faster. The great thing is that even if you do not know if your computer has USB 3.0, it's backwards comparable meaning that it will work on any computer which is awesome!!

Pros:
-No annoying LED lights
-Lightweight
-Portable
-Nice brushed aluminum look

Cons:
For my purpose, the cord is a little shorter than what I would like as I typically use this at my desk and like to hide the hub. However the reason that the cable is so short is so it's very portable

Overall, this is a great hub that will definitely replace my old Pluggable hub that I have now. This is going to be purchased for some holiday gifts!

If you are looking for something similar, but with less ports, I highly suggest either the Sabrent Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub (9.5" cable) for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Mini (HB-UMAC) or the Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub with Power Switch for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC - Black (HB-U3P4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect with Windows 8.1, Compact, sturdy and reliable., May 6, 2014
This 4-Port USB hub will come in handy if you have a computer that only has one or two USB ports on it. We have an older computer that we handed down to my Son. It had two USB ports on each side but one side stopped working leaving only two ports. Well he has a gaming mouse and a Bluetooth adapter that use both USB ports leaving none to spare. This USB port allows the addition of three extra USB ports so he can have five instead of two.

Everything still works at the same speed so it's perfect. It small and tough so it's easy to carry around and won't break easily. I like that it has individual power buttons for each port so you can turn them on or off at will. Each button will illuminate with a blue LED light to indicate they are powered on. The USB cable plugs into my computer securely and doesn't wiggle around and the same goes with when you plug devices into the HUB. This HUB is USB 3.0 compatible and supports transfer speeds up to 5.0 Gbps for blazing fast speed. If you are using an older computer that still runs on USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 then no worries it still backward compatible. It's compatible with Windows 7, 8, XP and Vista. I am using it on a Windows 8.1 system and works perfectly. Installation of the drivers with automatic and only took a few seconds.

The overall size, quality and functions of this compact little USB hubs makes it one of my favorites to use. I think this is a good choice if you need a USB HUB.

Sample provided for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Functional USB 3.0 Hub, With Power Switches..., May 11, 2014
This is a wonderful hub to have in your computer bag allowing a net gain of three additional USB 3.0 ports to your computer. The Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches is a must have for the gadget obsessed.

Designed in solid black with blue indication lights, this hub is perfect to go anywhere. For use in the office or on the road, this hub is both compact and powerful. After plugging the unit in, I had a brief driver installation from Windows® that took a couple seconds but didn't require me to do a thing. Afterwards, I tested the hub with a few USB flash drives and a portable hard drive. The read/write speeds were comparable to plugging the respective device directly into the USB 3.0 port on the computer. An awesome feature of this hub is that it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 allowing for greater support of older devices. Each port features an on/off switch which is a really great feature for when you want to leave the hub and certain devices plugged into the computer, but don't necessarily need to use other devices currently connected to it; truly an ingenious design.

All things considered, I find this hub useful, fully functional, and a great investment for adding additional USB 3.0 ports to any computer. The hub delivers the performance expected and it's cool to see the added feature of individual on/off switches. The Sabrent 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub allows you to connect more at once allowing for limitless possibilities.

[Sample Provided For Review]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hub - small, portable, lightweight, USB 3.0, power switches, May 9, 2014
I'm a software developer and have a lot of hubs, and this is one of my new favorites for portability. It's lightweight, doesn't need any power adapters, and has the individual power switches (with individual LEDs that light when on) for control. And it's USB 3.0!

The only downside is if you need a lot of power. Because this doesn't have a power adapter to supply the full amount of USB power to each port, you're limited to low power devices. Also, if you need more ports, then this probably wouldn't be what you want. But for what this product is (a small, portable, and fast 4-port USB 3.0 hub), I really like it!

NOTE: Be mindful of power limitations, like when attaching mechanical HDs, devices that suck up power to recharge, and other "high power" devices. Total power should not exceed 900mA when plugged into a standard USB 3.0 port or 500mA when plugged into a standard USB 2.0 port.

If you don't need USB 3.0 speed, and USB 2.0 will do, then you can save some money and get this instead: Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS)

NOTE: I was sent a free product sample for review.