Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

4.3 out of 5 stars13,054
Color: 4-Port USB 2.0 (Black)Change

on October 15, 2014
I was amazed at the quality of this unit, (and I'm a gadget freak). It has solid USB connections. Nothing loose and cheesy about it. I attached it to the face of my tower PC with mounting tape. Looks and functions very solid. I'm an amateur photographer and am constantly disconnecting one-to use it for something else. Having this has saved me a great deal of frustration. I can even leave the cables plugged into the hub and just power off the L.E.D. power switches, so now I don't need to hunt for cables. I'm using it full time now for a month and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm VERY glad I got over some of the "if'y" reviews and bought this.
review image
66 comments435 of 453 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
I just received this item and it does work, but use caution when using it with external hard drives. It seems that any action, such as turning on or off a switch, as well as plugging in or unplugging a device from any of the other ports not currently in use causes a temporary power disruption and will throw your external hard drive off. In other words, you get the warning message that the drive was not properly disconnected. And as this can be bad for hard drives, be sure to properly eject your expansion & flash drives before turning off or on any of the ports and before adding or removing any connections.
1717 comments693 of 760 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2015
Just received this today on time. It appears to work well, the USB slots were a bit tight and did require some pressure to get them in. My main purpose was to leave this in the office attached to the wireless keyboard and mouse because my husband and I swap out laptops often. This should suit our needs well. I'll update this later with a better review later once we get it broken in and well tested. But for now here are some pictures and the specs in English that were on the back.

*Blue LED to Indicate power status for each port
*Data transfer speeds up to 480Mbps
*Four downstream ports support high-speed (480Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps)
*supports up to 127 devices by daisy-chaining multiple hubs
*some power-intense USB devices may require a AC-Powered USB hub
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments127 of 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2015
Works perfect and looks so good! It's specially fitting if you have Apple products as it compliments them perfectly.

Here's a good tip! You can use the following power supply with this unit: PS-5V4A

It's also available here on Amazon (and Prime to boot): http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-100V-240V-Adapter-Support-PS-5V4A/dp/B00MRGKPH8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The attached picture shows where the power supply plugs in.

Using the power supply will allow you charge devices (phone, etc.) even while the computer is off. Also, it will prevent weird issues (random disconnections, etc.) you'll sometimes run into if you have too many power hung items plugged into the hub.
review image
0Comment59 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have several usb hubs. External USB hubs really save on the wear-and-tear of using your computer's valuable usb ports. Relying on your computer's port adds extra strain on the motherboard not to mention slowing down app's that are open.

The ideal situation is to have a usb hub that draws its power from the ac and to be a separate external connection to your computer.

What separates the "older" model usb hubs from the newer one is the devices total output ability.

THIS is why this hub is very good. It has a maximum output of 900mA over the four hubs.

When I use usb hubs, I bypass plugging it into a computer because you'll inevitably put unnecessary strain on the motherboard. Use a usb-ac adapter (like in the video).

***

This Sabrent is excellent because I could never charge more than 2 devices without the device flashing red, indicating to unplug one of the devices. With this Sabrent, not only have I plugged in three devices but they were

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Asus Transformer Hybrid computer
HTC Evo 3D smartphone.

A side benefit is that you have the option cutting off a port once a device has reached its maximum charge capacity.

Excellent.
3535 comments247 of 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2014
It has a tendency to turn itself off. Switches control gangs of three USB recepticles. If the lights aren't on, the devices are not working. I've also had the problem where one of the three lights (per gang) was not on but the other two were. Unplugging the USB device and plugging it back in did not fix the problem. Pressing the button (associated with the 3 recepticles in the group) produces nothing. I had to rethink my ideas of USB distribution so that my wife wouldn't call in the middle of the day asking why the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work. I've since rerouted the mouse and keyboard directly to the computer.

I'm a computer geek so this stuff doesn't bother me as much as it might someone else. I am disappointed however. The most common fix to problems with the hub is to disconnect the power supply and plug it back in, something I'd rather not have to do.
22 comments43 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2015
This is a very nice unit for the price. I have bought hubs from Belkin and others and this is better quality and packaging. The smooth aluminum matches my iMac very well and the included USB 3 cable is nice and thick and sturdy. You are not going to get a better USB 3 hub at this quality at this price.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments107 of 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
I'm looking for a USB port with an individual switch so I bought this
one, for the price its a best buy.

so this is my review of this product.
Pros and Cons.
+Individual switch and matching individual blue light is a plus
+Push ON/OFF button for easy operation
+Not bulky design, plastic enclosure seems ok
-USB wire is short for this model but some have long cable

Im an electronic enthusiast and I know what are some flaws
to this device.
1. This is a push button switch and made of cheap switches
so expect the more you used the switch someday it will fail
2. These have individual LEd lights so if you connect this to a laptop
and you connect several devices to these USB ports on some
cases your device may not work and consumes energy from your
laptop.
3. This device dont have a separate power and it only gets power
from your laptop/desktop, you may encounter devices attached to
this USB port that will fail or not detected, that is due to no enough
power to the device.
(Try to disconnect this USB port and plug in your device directly)

overall recommends this USB port with some things to consider
1919 comments211 of 254 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2014
I actually purchased this accidentally, but I kept it, since I can always use additional USB ports. It's compact, and doesn't use an external power supply, which is great. Each port has a power button, but I'm not sure why. Is that to save power on the ports that are not being used? The built in USB cable that attaches to your computer is quite short, maybe four inches. This may or may not be a good thing, depending on your setup. Overall, though, it's a nice little hub, and I recommend it.
review image
11 comment67 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
EDITED: 6/23/14
As you can see in my prior review, the adapter made my ear-buds hot and it wasn't usable unless you had headphones or speakers. The company offered to send out a replacement and said that their manufacturing team had actually solved the heating problem. I got the new adapter in the mail this morning and it's no longer heating up. I've been using it for 45+ minutes with my ear-buds and there's no heat at all. Before, it would heat up within 5 minutes so I think it's safe to say it's fixed. Just thought I'd pass this along.

5/14/2014
It makes sound so it gets the job done. If you want it for speakers or maybe headphones (rather than ear-buds) then it'll be fine for you. But, if you like ear-buds then this won't be a good fit. It will heat them up big time...makes them unwearable.
55 comments48 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse