Saco Dolci Frutta Hard Chocolate Shell for Fruit, Chocolate, 8-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 12)
- Original hard chocolate shell for strawberries and other fruit
- Coats up to two pints of berries
- Use on nuts, pretzels, dried fruit, cookies, and other treats
- Hardens at room temperature without tempering
- Microwaveable container
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel & Palm), Reduced Mineral Whey Powder, Dutched Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Nonfat Dry Milk, Lecithin (An Emulsifier), Salt, Sorbitan Tristearate (An Emulsifier), and Vanillin (An Artificial Flavor).
1. Remove lid and seal. 2. Microwave in container at 1/2 power (Medium). 3. Stir at 30 second intervals during microwaving until fully melted & smooth: about 2 minutes (melted chocolate retains shape until stirred). 4. Dip fruit by stem or with fork & cool on wax paper until hardened. Don't overheat! Dolci Frutta melts quickly & scorches easily. Keep dry! Moisture will thicken chocolate. Dry utensils & pat or air dry fruit before dipping. If product thickens: Add vegetable shortening or oil by teaspoonful & stir for desired consistency. Don't thin with water, milk, butter, or margarine. For best results: Dip and serve within 12 hours. Do not refrigerate.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I got mine at the local Walmart but I've seen it at Sams Club so look for it locally..cheaper.
This is honestly a deliciously tasting chocolate that melts quickly and hardens quickly!
Would be awesome if you're looking for a last minute dessert item seeing as how whatever you dip in chocolate will need to be consumed quickly.
The instructions say you CANT re-warm the chocolate should it harden while you[re dipping but I broke the law and nuked it for 15 secs when I saw it getting super thick (turning my power down on my microwave to 50%) and it worked fine (just watch it).
You can't refrigerate your food items once chocolate dipped (it says so on the container)
Again, I broke the law and did so anyways and it was fine other than the fact that eventually, while thawing to room temp - my strawberries showed signs of condensation, thus kinda melting the chocolate in a watery way. They were still delicious so no harm, no foul!
A nice 2nd place for dipping chocolate (if you're looking for one that you can refrigerate) is Bakers brand dipping chocolate (you can find it locally or here on Amazon). Comes in a handy container you can also microwave but it's not as yummy as Dolci Frutta's and it takes a while to harden.
Stuff never melted. It just got thick and clumpy. It even scorched despite stirring and onky half power. Tried adding oil. Nope. Just a clumpy mess. Waste of money.
It's delicious. Only the strawberries get messy but not so much that we go back to work looking like we had a chocolate fight or something and it's definitely worth it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had to add oil to chocolate. It was all stuck together when it arrived. Kept in hot warehouse? Love the product for dipping fruitPublished 23 months ago by MARY LATHAM
I was really excited for this product the pros was how quickly the chocolate got hard on the fruit the cons is you can't refrigerate the fruit so you end up with warm fruit and the... Read morePublished on April 26, 2014 by madrid_baby
This fruit dipping shell item is horrible. It isn't easy to stir, gets hard quickly and doesn't taste well. I tried it twice thinking the first container was a fluke. Read morePublished on August 24, 2013 by Deborah A. Jones
This is a DELICIOUS NIGHTMARE! The taste of the chocolate is delicious but it is a nightmare to heat perfectly. Read morePublished on March 5, 2013 by DCH