Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 12, 2014
This series is a good series to sink your teeth into. I enjoyed reading all of the books in this series so far. This story, "Sacred Eden" was just a short story about a couple, Cady and Obsidian that had a full length story previously, "Ravenous", book 1 in the Horde Wars Series. If I didn't like this series as well as I do, I would never have paid the $2.09 price tag for just 56 pages. It really is a good series and a great world that Ms. King has created. The reason why I could only give this and any of her other books in this series a 4 star, when for just the story alone for each of them is worth a 5 star rating, is the prices on all of them. Most of the stories in this series are under 200 pages and she has a little over a $5.00 price tag on them. I myself, have a "mental guide" that I go by what I will buy, and on the top of that list is what I am willing to pay for a book. The biggest factor in deciding this is the amount of pages that there are. I absolutely refuse to by a book that has under 100 pages. The exception for that rule is if there is a short story follow up on a couple that I enjoyed reading about in a previous story. Anyway I would never usually buy a book with under 200 pages for the price that she has listed, but I got sucked in her series by her first book in this series and forced myself to just suck it up and purchase the others in this series. So, if you can get over the price for each book, you will enjoy this series.
on February 13, 2014
Horde Wars, Scared Eden is more of a novella that centers on a shopping trip to the surface with Cady and Sid. They are visiously attacked by a new type of Deamon that neither could sense and rescued by a sinister man that looks much like Tryton and his son who is both a healer and traveler. Not much advancement in the story line but a fun read just the same. I like Cady and Sid, so it was fun to have them as the focus of the story.
on May 12, 2010
Originally posted at: [...]

After years of marriage, Cady and Obsidian are still going hot and heavy. You would think they were still on their honeymoon from the way they cannot seem to keep their hands off of one another.

This story kept my interest the entire time. These two are blissfully married from page one and I enjoyed watching them interact with each other. It was refreshing to see a couple who has been together so long still as madly in love with each other as if they had just met.

Sacred Eden also had a great supporting cast that, in the end, were willing to do whatever it took to help out their friends. I especially liked the Traveler with his mysterious know-all ways. I guess I have always had a thing for dark, mysterious men.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed by the ending of this story, which left me with too many questions. I was confused about why the story seemed so incomplete. Then I checked and learned this was the fourth story of a series, which was something I hadn't known going into it. I assume that these questions are answered if one reads the entire series, but it would be nice if the reader were alerted before starting the book, but at least a notation on the cover.

However, the undying love between Cady and Obsidian is remarkable. Throughout the entire story, even when they are bickering, I could tell how much they loved one another. This is even more evident when they have to battle the daemons. The fact that both are more concerned with their spouse instead of themselves, and their willingness to die alongside each other knowing they could not survive if they could not be together spoke volumes to me. I guess in the end I am just a sucker for romance and this story definitely has it. So if you enjoy reading about a happy, loving couple who indulge in plenty of steaming hot sex, then Cady and Obsidian may have what you want.
on June 2, 2014
The author clearly wanted to push this series forward, introduce dome things. But this is part of a story, bit a whole one, and I wouldn't gave bought this if I'd known. This should have been a free read in a newsletter.
VINE VOICEon August 30, 2012
CAUTION SPOILERS:
The history of the 200 year war could have been explained a little better. Why are the new Daemon creatures so different from the prior ones and how will this affect the war? Who were the two spirit-type men who came and healed and helped Cady and Sid after their attack? Who is Grimm and what makes him different from the others? Why did he not want anyone to tell about the two spirit-types? This has the makings for a good story. But, it was too short and incomplete. Story brief: The Shikars live underground earth and fight Daemon creatures who live above ground. Shikars have longer life spans and more powers than humans. A Shikar couple goes above ground to get some supplies and is attacked.

DATA:
Story length: 55 pages. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting: in the future near the town of Gainesville in U.S. Copyright: 2004. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

This short story is also published in the anthology Manaconda.

OTHER BOOKS:
For a list of my reviews of other Sherri L. King stories, see my 5 star review of "Bedtime, Playtime."
on January 8, 2015
Hot! I enjoy this storyline. It's enjoyably short but complete. The sex scenes are satisfying and the characters are delightful.