5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing comes before it's time
Published on August 27, 2001 by Kevin Gregory

2.0 out of 5 stars Elemental
Published on December 15, 2001 by Pablo Lambardi

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing comes before it's time, August 27, 2001
This is a wonderful book on so many different levels. It is always entertaining and at the same time gives you lots of things to think about. One idea that is repeated from "Journey of the peaceful warrior is that to really be happy is to be "present." It is so easy to get preoccupied with regrets of the past, and worries of the future that we don't ever take in the "now." Each day is a gift and thats why it's called the "present." This book does not take off where the first book left off. Rather it is a story of lessons learned about five years after the writer left Socrates (His great teacher) from the first book. He is told about a woman in Hawaii from Socrates. She begins to teach him where Socrates left off. This brings about the point that "the teacher appears when the student is ready. Often times we don't know what is best for us and we want things that may not be beneficial at the time. Dan Millman wanted to meet this woman when he first heard about her years ago but he was not ready for the lessons she had for him. It's not until years later that fate intervened. Once again, if we stay in the present and do whats in front of us we maximize our usefulness, and our happiness. It's said that God answers all our prayers and he only has three responses. Yes, No, and not now. Mama Chia, his new mentor at one point responds to Millman that "Faith involves basic trust in the universe-that everything is for our highest good." Whether this is true or not should not matter becouse when we have faith we act accordingly and life runs smoother. All in all, this is a real page turner and it is as enlightening as it is enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leap of Faith!, May 15, 2000
By A Customer
Just like a lot of reviews I have run across as well as all of Dan Millman's work; this is truly one of those books you can't put down. Dan's words and images really spoke to me deeply a number of years ago when I really nneded to understand what "Leap of Faith" really means. I believe that many books have an important "epiphany" in them waiting for you to find when you need it. This is definitely one of those books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Sequel To Peaceful Warrior, December 9, 2002
By A Customer
I loved the "Peaceful Warrior" book and, to be honest, I didn't expect much from this "sequel". However, after reading it I was pleasently suprised. True, it is not as enjoyable as the Peaceful Warrior, but I liked it and it added some "lessons" to be learned.
It's too bad Millman stopped writing semi-fictional stories and now just produces "How to be Happy" type of books. I really enjoyed his stories! For those who also like the fun and excitement of learning through a story you may want to check out the book "The Evolution of a Warrior" <Regan>.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Peaceful Warrior continues..., December 4, 2005
This review is from: Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior (Paperback)
Dan Millman is one of the most lucid and inspiring writers living today. I have read many metaphysical / spirituality / mystic books over the last 20 years and Dan's are among the best. Clear, simple writing that take you on a journey you won't soon forget. Pure magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sacred Journey-What else can I say?, December 28, 1997
By A Customer
The Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior is a most private book for me but I sense it would be for many who are guided to it by whatever means. I reclaimed my spirit, several friendships and my faith in teachers and teachings. I have bought this book for many people because I would not, curiously enough, trust even my closest friend with the copy that came to me through mysterious circumstance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Elemental, December 15, 2001
Pablo Lambardi (Buenos Aires Argentina) - See all my reviews
This book may be OK for people with little or no background in spiritual awareness.The author has been "inspired" - to put it mildly- by Castaneda's work.He is nowhere even close to attaining Castaneda's depth or artistic talent.There is no new concept, no original idea that I can remember : every single inspiration can be tracked down to previous authors .The overall design , i.e. a man who finds a spiritual teacher almost as if by chance is a direct copy of Don Juan. Situations, characters and dialogues are infantile ; it is definitely an effort to put forth some spiritual ideas through an adventure story ( absolutely unbelievable) to appeal to a wider public.
If you buy your books at the Newstands stores of airports, this may be right for you : easy reading and sugary.
If you have a serious interest in the field, be sure to leave it on the stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sacred Journey" inspires and remains an all-time favorite, January 25, 1998
"Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior" truly inspired me. Rarely do I ever re-read books, but this one I've read several times. There are fabulous passages which I've highlighted. In fact, a good bit of this book is now colored yellow! It really spoke volumes to me about life .... I've given many copies as gifts and it remains one of my top favorites! A real treasure in my library!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Picked up and never put down!", July 7, 1998
By A Customer
Your books are the best that I've ever read. They inspired me, made me laugh, and even made me cry. I'm using your books as a guide to everday life so that I'm able to become a stronger and better person. Thank-you. Your books are changing my life. Keep writing. --Jeannette Pressman Age 17
please write:Rd#1 Box 234 Edinboro Pa 16412

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good messages, April 13, 2009
This review is from: Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior (Paperback)
I have read a handful of Dan Millman books. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior I believe will forever be my favorite book period. I read an article where Millman was saying how initially this book was going to be a 50 page book, not a novel, of methods towards being a peaceful warrior. It is funny because after I read the book and before I read the article my thought was, "He should have just made a 50 page book of these teachings." To me personally, the story is not that strong. It is worth reading simply for a lot of the teachings, 50 pages worth. The rest is 150 pages or so of a story I personally did not find much value. But, Journey's and The Way are his two strongest books. Both of which are excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Millman, hated this book., August 23, 2007
This review is from: Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior (Paperback)
I have been a Dan Millman for over 20 years. I own almost all of his books, but this was by far the worst. If I had read this one 1st I never would have picked up another book by him.
This book goes too far into the "mystic" and "new age" side of his teachings. It was too far fetched for me. Minor details did not fit with what was written in "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior." One MAJOR thing was that "Joseph" comes back from the dead to make an appearance in this story. Not a vision - Joseph is alive and well and raising a family.
Everything else I have read by Dan, has inspired me to make changes in my life and try to improve, not so with this story.
It does have some insightful thoughts, but they are few and far between.
Finishing it was drudgery. Do yourself a favor, choose another title and let Dan inspire you.

Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman (Paperback - March 19, 2004)
$13.95 $9.42