Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 27, 2001
This is a wonderful book on so many different levels. It is always entertaining and at the same time gives you lots of things to think about. One idea that is repeated from "Journey of the peaceful warrior is that to really be happy is to be "present." It is so easy to get preoccupied with regrets of the past, and worries of the future that we don't ever take in the "now." Each day is a gift and thats why it's called the "present." This book does not take off where the first book left off. Rather it is a story of lessons learned about five years after the writer left Socrates (His great teacher) from the first book. He is told about a woman in Hawaii from Socrates. She begins to teach him where Socrates left off. This brings about the point that "the teacher appears when the student is ready. Often times we don't know what is best for us and we want things that may not be beneficial at the time. Dan Millman wanted to meet this woman when he first heard about her years ago but he was not ready for the lessons she had for him. It's not until years later that fate intervened. Once again, if we stay in the present and do whats in front of us we maximize our usefulness, and our happiness. It's said that God answers all our prayers and he only has three responses. Yes, No, and not now. Mama Chia, his new mentor at one point responds to Millman that "Faith involves basic trust in the universe-that everything is for our highest good." Whether this is true or not should not matter becouse when we have faith we act accordingly and life runs smoother. All in all, this is a real page turner and it is as enlightening as it is enjoyable.
on May 15, 2000
Just like a lot of reviews I have run across as well as all of Dan Millman's work; this is truly one of those books you can't put down. Dan's words and images really spoke to me deeply a number of years ago when I really nneded to understand what "Leap of Faith" really means. I believe that many books have an important "epiphany" in them waiting for you to find when you need it. This is definitely one of those books!
on December 4, 2005
Dan Millman is one of the most lucid and inspiring writers living today. I have read many metaphysical / spirituality / mystic books over the last 20 years and Dan's are among the best. Clear, simple writing that take you on a journey you won't soon forget. Pure magic.
on December 9, 2002
I loved the "Peaceful Warrior" book and, to be honest, I didn't expect much from this "sequel". However, after reading it I was pleasently suprised. True, it is not as enjoyable as the Peaceful Warrior, but I liked it and it added some "lessons" to be learned.
It's too bad Millman stopped writing semi-fictional stories and now just produces "How to be Happy" type of books. I really enjoyed his stories! For those who also like the fun and excitement of learning through a story you may want to check out the book "The Evolution of a Warrior" <Regan>.
on January 11, 2015
If you've read Dan's infamous book, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives, then you'll naturally progress to this book, which happens about 3/4ths of the way thru WOTPW. That being said, it doesn't have the same vibrant PUNCH that WOTPW does.

Don't get me wrong - I think this book is 100% worth reading, especially if you enjoy Dan's other books, but I don't think this is the most interesting book that he's written. If you don't know much about the chakras, or you're looking to understand them on a different level, he touches on some very interesting aspects that I hadn't contemplated (even after studying yoga for over a decade).

I'm glad that I read this book and I really enjoyed the lessons, but I recommend reading WOTPW first.
on December 28, 1997
The Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior is a most private book for me but I sense it would be for many who are guided to it by whatever means. I reclaimed my spirit, several friendships and my faith in teachers and teachings. I have bought this book for many people because I would not, curiously enough, trust even my closest friend with the copy that came to me through mysterious circumstance.
on January 25, 1998
"Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior" truly inspired me. Rarely do I ever re-read books, but this one I've read several times. There are fabulous passages which I've highlighted. In fact, a good bit of this book is now colored yellow! It really spoke volumes to me about life .... I've given many copies as gifts and it remains one of my top favorites! A real treasure in my library!
on July 7, 1998
Your books are the best that I've ever read. They inspired me, made me laugh, and even made me cry. I'm using your books as a guide to everday life so that I'm able to become a stronger and better person. Thank-you. Your books are changing my life. Keep writing. --Jeannette Pressman Age 17
please write:Rd#1 Box 234 Edinboro Pa 16412
on September 28, 2015
I just don't really enjoy reading this one. Dan seems too different from the first book. Granted, it takes place when he is a man, but he just isn't as likable. As for the spiritual advice, I'm content with only having read the first one.
on June 8, 2015
All 3 books in this series by Dan Milman are filled with ideas and thoughts that make me stop, think and consider what I am doing in my life. They have a way of speaking to our very core and helping us recognise and wake up to who we really are. I loved them all. The sacred journey was beautiful, and written in the most lucid, simple and clear language too. A 'must read' indeed.