Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 14, 2006
Sleepers awake! Those whose minds have been benumbed by modern civilization need to awaken and grasp the Important fact that trees play an integral part in our life. Mr. Altman brings such issues into clear and sharp focus. Consider how much trees have shaped our civilization, how much it is part of our daily life, how much trees contribute to our quality of life, Fall on your knees and thank the Creator for such a gift.! Clearly humans too are an integral part of nature and this book clearly highlights this fact. This book and his other book "Sacred Water" make ideal companion volumes and could be read sucessively and then a true panoramic view of the gifts of nature can be gleaned, This is definitely worth buying and reading numerous times.
on November 2, 2014
Wonderful, wonderful. Many perspectives on why trees are so special and precious to us.....highly recommended ! If you love trees and want to read more than just the scientific mumbo jumbo about trees, read this !!! It will feel good to read it, and make your heart happy !
on May 17, 2015
This is one of the finest documentations of the many legends and beliefs about trees that's been published. It is a must read for all who love and respect our environment.
on January 3, 2016
This lovely book has helped me understand things about the natural world that I've been curious about for some time. I purchased it as a research tool for the novel I'm writing, but I've gained so much from it that it will be useful to me in other areas as well.

The writing is accessible without being overly simplistic. It is lyrical and pulls you directly into the subject matter.